News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

If I'd known this was how I wanted to make my living back in (or before) college, I probably would have! But I only realized how much I wanted to keep doing it once I was already enrolled in law school.

Xemadus Echina

im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Tastidian

179 just below Albert Einstein. Craig if you really did say that I would have to meet you in person and have you tested by a professional.

Guye

Quote from: CraigStern on March 04, 2010, 11:56:46 AM
Actually, even programming can be kind of fun, but only the parts where I'm figuring out how to make some new system work. That's kind of like a fun puzzle. The remaining 90% of my coding time is spent fixing bugs, though, and I hate that about as much as anyone can hate anything.

What would you say was your favorite system to make?

CraigStern

I had fun developing the system for randomly generating unique battles in TSoG. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't quite the hair-pulling experience that figuring out some of these other systems was. :)

Zackirus

How much longer -do you think- the downloadable demo will take for you to put it on to your site/finish it.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

CraigStern

Quote from: Zackirus on April 25, 2010, 05:02:08 PM
How much longer -do you think- the downloadable demo will take for you to put it on to your site/finish it.

Right now I'm waiting for the new portrait artist to finish redoing all of the in-game portraits. I think it should hopefully be ready within the next week or so, but it might be a little longer than that.

MikeW781

what are the odds that we will be able to keep our old saves when the downloadable demo comes out?
i know it sounds ridiculus, but could you transfer the saves over for people with usernames on SinisterDesign or something?
I have a level 22 Shadow affinity hero that i really don't want to loose-i didn't even cheat to get there!
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

CraigStern

You'll need to transfer your save files to a new folder, but they should work.

Xemadus Echina

who is your favorite philosopher?
im writing a book!
You never know

CraigStern

I don't have a single favorite philosopher. Even if I did, though, I'm not sure I would want to answer this question, since it might color the way you guys experience TSoG. :)

Xemadus Echina

can't even tell me in a pm? :)  I solemnly swear I won't tell anybody else.

now the real question:  What happened to KZ?
im writing a book!
You never know

Guye

Would you call yourself an artist?

CraigStern

MikeW781

Quote from: CraigStern on April 25, 2010, 05:40:15 PM
You'll need to transfer your save files to a new folder, but they should work.
what do you mean by that? Players can't select the save destination, so i can we trasfer the files?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!