News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Easy money

Started by Steelfist, February 07, 2010, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

As most people know, there is a chest in somnus that will not open until you have (I think it's level 30) a high Psy power level.

When you DO manage to open this, you will find something. I won't tell you what is in there. Find out for yourself.

This something will allow you to relive any battle in the game. Repeatedly relive the ambush battle (The one where you have to kill the three spriggat assassins in the great forest).

This is a very easy battle, and you get a large amount of gold (It depends how many times you have been through the game, but it's always a good amount). This battle takes about a minute to complete, and you can do it repeatedly.

Easy money. Simple. Just get level 30 psy power.

KZ

Heh, that's a neat little way to earn quite a bit of cash. I completely agree on the choice of battle. When you're up to it, however, I do recommend fighting the Tastidian battle- that will give the player on normal 3000 gold. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

i got that money after i beat the mission to save general darkeye
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

Which of the three battles do you mean? The one with Cerzak? And on which difficulty?
'Cause I recollect that defeating any of the mission 6 battles won't bring you anywhere near as much gold as defeating Tastidian (and we're talking about using Malignus, the Dark Spriggat here, not playing the main-game battles).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

i meant they let me open the chest

KZ

I don't think we're talking about the same chest (seems like you mean the one right next to Hellion, in a new game+ or simply new game), and can you kindly use punctuation, please?
Welcome to the forums!

torugo

i am talking about the one next to helion there is 5000 gold in that chest

Ertxiem

I think everyone else is talking of the chest inside the last shadowling house on the right of the main street in Somnus. That house is a bit to the south (down) of Hellion and the chest inside requires you to have level 30 of Psy Power. The chest you, torugo, talked about (with 5000 gold) is to the east (right) of Hellion.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

torugo

oh that chest that has a spigurat inside and it lets you replay battles

Ertxiem

Correct. The dark spriggat is Malignus. [spoiler]An alias of CraigStern.[/spoiler]
If you want to get some gold, you can choose to fight the battles that give a better payment.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Zackirus

I just simply beat the queen over and over agian. I don't do the other battles because once you kill the queen or the dean you start again ad you get 5000 coins (from the chest) all over again, and comapred to the Tastitan fight, the queen's is simpler and easier
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

I guess it all depends on how you train your teammates and what strategem you use. I, for one, found a sound strategy that makes the Nelis battle a piece of cake. But I don't want to start a new game, so I keep battling Tastidian (plus, I find harder to fight Nelis, not Tastidian).
Welcome to the forums!

Ertxiem

If you're farming for gold, it's faster to beat any of the non final battles and battle again than to beat Nelis or the Dean and start a New Game +.
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Steelfist

I've always found the spriggat assassins to be quickest and easiest to relive, and it gives you almost as much money as beating tastidian.

frodo2040

Actually, the Tastidian battle gives quite a bit more gold than the spriggat assassins.  However, they both have their pros and cons.  The spriggat battle is much faster, so if you only need a few thousand really quickly, go with that one.  However, I think the Tastidian battle, while longer, earns you more gold.