News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Jobs

Started by SmartyPants, April 22, 2010, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

In TPA2, the Registrar said "Then you'll get to practice against some dummies using an experienced volunteer team."  Could the TPA1 Hero and his team win the grand tournament during TPA1 and then work as an "experienced volunteer team" in TPA2?

torugo

i thought that the other psy fighters skills were familiar and the team fromation is the same as psy arena 1 so i think that might be them. but if it was them why didnt they enter the tournament
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 24, 2010, 10:25:50 AM
i thought that the other psy fighters skills were familiar and the team fromation is the same as psy arena 1 so i think that might be them. but if it was them why didnt they enter the tournament
They retired to an easier, safer job.

torugo

i forget how many years later is this from the old tournament

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 29, 2010, 08:04:19 PM
i forget how many years later is this from the old tournament
There isn't anything to say how long time has passed between the two games.

SmartyPants

I have changed my mind.  I think the "experienced volunteer team" is not the same team from TPA1.
One reason is because the shadowling of TPA1 is purple, while the volunteer team's shadowling is red.
Also the TPA1 Hero doesn't seem to be the same Psy Fighter as the volunteer team.

TPA1 Psy Fighter/Healer:
*Mind Blast
*Light Blast
*Mind Shield
**Big Shield (with indigo orb)
*Feedback
**Vengeance (with red orb)
*Pyro Blast
*Pyro Hail
*Cryo Blast
*Cryo Cross

Volunteer Psy Fighter/Healer:
*Mind Blast
*Pyro Blast
*Light Blast
*Feedback
*Big Shield
*Frost Shield
*Dark Shield
*Cryo Cross

In order for them to be the same people, the TPA1 team would have to replace the purple shadowling with a younger red shadowling.  The Hero would also have to learn new attacks over the years.  One of these attacks would require him to know a fourth element(Dark Shield)

torugo

i didnt even notice that. well i guess that explains this

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 14, 2010, 07:56:59 PM
i didnt even notice that. well i guess that explains this
What is "that" and what is "this"?  I have know idea what your opinion is.

KZ

Methinks, im2smart4u, this is one of those cases where the meaning of the word "this" is clear ;)
Torugo says that he didn't notice the discrepancies you've listed above and that he thinks that they are in accord with your conclusion that the two games are not connected in the fashion you initially suggested. I also happen to agree with this conclusion, as the set of skills on display is quite different.
It is insteresting to note how the tournament evolved through the years though, as TPA1 takes place much earlier than TPA2, and seems to be a much smaller and less "well organised" phenomena than what we see in TPA2.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

Let's see... Attempt to revive thread or let be? Hmm... Nah. But I do agree with KZ