News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Slave Bracelets Masters/Hosts

Started by SmartyPants, April 25, 2010, 10:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Can a human be the master when it comes to a slave bracelet?  For example, can the TRPG2 Hero use a slave bracelet to force Gamblin' Jack to obey.

Are humans the only hosts or can slave bracelets also be used on shadowlings, spriggats, or wood-folk?

Ertxiem

Apparently, the TRPG2 Hero can say to Gamblin' Jack something like "you're my slave now", so I would think that a human can be a master.

As for slave bracelets working on other races... I'm not sure, but it would make some sense that a slave bracelet would work on intelligent beings (perhaps with some adaptations). I'm drawing an analogy with the fact that the psy attacks (like mind blast and shield) work on everyone sentient life.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on April 25, 2010, 06:05:50 PM
Apparently, the TRPG2 Hero can say to Gamblin' Jack something like "you're my slave now", so I would think that a human can be a master.
But does that mean the slave bracelet forces Jack to be the Hero's slave or does that mean the shadowling society forces him to remain a slave?

torugo

either way jack cant leave. but i think both you and jack are unaware if you have the power to use the slave bracelits or not
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 08, 2010, 09:23:36 AM
either way jack cant leave. but i think both you and jack are unaware if you have the power to use the slave bracelits or not
Without the power of a slave bracelet, wouldn't he be able to desert the team during one of the missions?
Having the Hero control Jack with a slave bracelet would also explain why Jack didn't leave with Anya and Guy when the Hero chose to side with the Shadowling Empire.

torugo

because anya and guy did not want to leave you and jack didnt want to go back by himself

MikeW781

Umm, anya and guy didn't leave me when i chose to side with tastidian, not sure if its a bug or my personality was high.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on May 08, 2010, 11:27:10 AM
because anya and guy did not want to leave you and jack didnt want to go back by himself
If you chose to side with Tastidian, then Guy and Anya will leave the team.  A slave bracelet would force Gamblin' Jack to not join Guy and Anya during their desertion.

One should always use proper grammer and start sentences with capital letters

torugo

strange becuase like mikew781 anya and guy have never left me

cx

It looks like bug since Anya's and Guy's leaving if chooses Shadowlings side is scripted.

MikeW781

they say they are leaving, but then don't.....
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

Sounds like a bug to me: Anya and Guy should leave if the Main attacks Somnus.
Either way, I'd expect the slave bracelet to work on all sentient beings (with possible excpetion of the spirits) and I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they were used on Spriggats. Drawing from info on TPA2, Shadowlings can be slaves, and I guess the way to control them would be through slave bracelets (and same argument goes for the Spriggats). As for Gamblin' Jack, it seems that the Main has the option of setting him free or keeping him as a slave (hence, I'd suspect, as Ert points out above, that the Main might be able to use the slave bracelets- it's just simple transfer of owner rights, and given the way it communicates with the owner, like Tastidian punishing the Main if he fought Flavin, methinks a Psy owner is one of the limitations- otherwise how will the owner properly control/punish the slave and set the "rules" for the bracelet to force onto the slave?). Either way can explain why Gamblin' Jack remains with the Main even if the Main sides with Tastidian: eg he might feel that he owes the Main his freedom and will not question the Main's actions, unlike Anya and Guy (or Grotius, for that matter- he doesn't desert the Main, although the Psy Academy did side with Spriggats). And Helena keeps on as a mercenary, even though she is helping the Main to subdue the humans... Thus, it's not too surprising that Gamblin' Jack would stay in that case.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!