News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Chances for the Peoples' Resistance

Started by CraigStern, April 26, 2010, 09:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guye

By new leader I meant Griffin, or possibly the main character...

Steelfist

I wonder if this should have been posted in the politics section.

Still, the resistance has a chance; the cult is alienating all the psy's, so they would be very helpful.

jojolagger

Judging by how powerful the main was prior to me losing my save, I'm going to say the resistance can't lose. 200 back stab damage = auto-win.

SmartyPants

Quote from: jojolagger on May 19, 2010, 09:10:43 PM
Judging by how powerful the main was prior to me losing my save, I'm going to say the resistance can't lose. 200 back stab damage = auto-win.
One man could never defeat an entire army.

How do you people find the time to over train that much?

jojolagger

Quote from: im2smart4u on May 19, 2010, 10:18:16 PM
Quote from: jojolagger on May 19, 2010, 09:10:43 PM
One man could never defeat an entire army.

How do you people find the time to over train that much?
When that man can have over 12 archers shooting at him, be surrounded by swordsmen attacking, last several minutes like this, and then fully recover while killing 3 enemies. He can take down an army.
I was really bored that week.

Zhampir

Heh, we're talking about indefinite leveling of psychic powers. Anything is possible.
And I find plenty of time, with my custom maps of course.^^
Try being able to survive 3rounds of 8black spriggats attacking you.

SmartyPants

Quote from: jojolagger on May 19, 2010, 10:40:08 PMWhen that man can have over 12 archers shooting at him, be surrounded by swordsmen attacking, last several minutes like this, and then fully recover while killing 3 enemies. He can take down an army.
When did 12 archers and a couple of swordsmen become an entire army?

jojolagger

Quote from: im2smart4u on May 20, 2010, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: jojolagger on May 19, 2010, 10:40:08 PMWhen that man can have over 12 archers shooting at him, be surrounded by swordsmen attacking, last several minutes like this, and then fully recover while killing 3 enemies. He can take down an army.
When did 12 archers and a couple of swordsmen become an entire army?
It didn't. That was a quick rough estimate of how many enemies could attack you at one time.

MikeW781

The number of people attacking you at once isn't a good storyline direction, so how about having army size (people from Madrid, etc.) influence how fast reinforcements come in the last/one of the last battles
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Bromtaghon

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 30, 2010, 08:08:57 AM
If the the Hero's mother beileves there is a Yahaw, then alot of other people beileve in the Cult's god and would follow them.
Wasn't she brainwashed, though?

Naturally, I'm biased since this is a GAME and in GAMES, the good guys almost ALWAYS win.  As long as the Cult doesn't find the Resistance, they have time to build up support from numerous factions (the Clans, possibly Psy Academy, maybe a mercenary faction if they get some gold, angry citizens) and could eventually overthrow the Cult.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

jojolagger

The premise of this is flawed. All of the members of the resistance could be killed and the resistance itself could still succeed. So long as at some point in the future, someone wonders "How did it end up like this?" And finds some proof of the cults wrong doing.
Hey, is that TRPG 4 I hear?

Bromtaghon

I agree with jojolagger's argument, but this is about the specific People's Resistance of Ravinale (I was about to write Republic of China for some reason.   ???)  Yes, at one point the Cult is almost guaranteed to fall, but whether or not the People's Resistance will cause it or not is the question.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.