News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Should there be more than just a good and evil faction?

Started by Duskling, March 31, 2010, 09:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should there be more than just a good and evil faction?

Yes
Maybe
No

Duskling

Telepath RPG Chapter 2 was an amazing game, awesome gameplay, consequences that make you care, and on top of that, a great looking main character. One thing that I would suggest for Telepath RPG The Servants of God, seeing how huge it is already, is multiple factions. (Mechanics, Helenites, etc.) This might change the story in a way and give players an even bigger reason to try the game again. Another thing is, the faction you chose can help you destroy the Cult in the end of the game, just like the desert clans. Also, whatever your choice is, please explain your answer.

I chose maybe because, while I would like to see certain factions, it may be overcomplicating things. Still, it would be cool and would make the game an even more memorable experience.

Mailcarrier

Yeah I think I would like to see something like a unknown tribe in the great forest. It could have like expert archers

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: Mailcarrier on April 16, 2010, 06:55:03 PM
Yeah I think I would like to see something like a unknown tribe in the great forest. It could have like expert archers
ยด

You mean like the wood folks?

GOD

Maybe the faction you choose could end up giving you a teammate. This wont be adding to much, we already have a spearman and a spriggat, and (maybe) a Gelf....

KZ

Factions in the sense you, Duskling, infuse it with, Duskling, don't seem to apply to the Telepath style, methinks. Rather, we can see different groups of individuals having, on occaison, overlapping ambitions, but it is pretty clear that the "faction" in a sense you talk about has already been chosen for you, at least initially: the People's Resistance of Ravinale.
Plus, many of the groups of individuals are not necessarily good or evil: as you rightly said, the merecnaries are there for the money; the Shadowlings may not care as much about human's business, what with the lack of warfare and all; Psy Academy has it's own interests to protect and may not necessarily send out its troops to help out someone in a distant land, though they just might feel threatened by the Cult and its ideas; the local tribes, like the Marid, don't think the Cult (ostensibly evil faction) are their problem and only helped in a quid-pro-quo fashion. So, I wouldn't necessarily say there is a simple divide, nor does aligning with any of the other factions currently make much sense (apart from, maybe, the Psy Academy, to which Duvalier might be able to enroll/get connected with, perhaps?).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

Quote from: KZ on June 24, 2010, 07:36:58 PM
Factions in the sense you, Duskling, infuse it with, Duskling, don't seem to apply to the Telepath style, methinks. Rather, we can see different groups of individuals having, on occaison, overlapping ambitions, but it is pretty clear that the "faction" in a sense you talk about has already been chosen for you, at least initially: the People's Resistance of Ravinale.
Plus, many of the groups of individuals are not necessarily good or evil: as you rightly said, the merecnaries are there for the money; the Shadowlings may not care as much about human's business, what with the lack of warfare and all; Psy Academy has it's own interests to protect and may not necessarily send out its troops to help out someone in a distant land, though they just might feel threatened by the Cult and its ideas; the local tribes, like the Marid, don't think the Cult (ostensibly evil faction) are their problem and only helped in a quid-pro-quo fashion. So, I wouldn't necessarily say there is a simple divide, nor does aligning with any of the other factions currently make much sense (apart from, maybe, the Psy Academy, to which Duvalier might be able to enroll/get connected with, perhaps?).
Yes, by factions I mean the ones that have been chosen for us already, but it's our choice on whether to join them or not. As in, you can betray the Resitance or something similar.

KZ

I would suspect that betrayal by a teammate might be something that Craig would toy with (and it has been brought up on forums before), plus, there would be a choice to make in the end again, and, I would suspect that like in TRPG2, you'd get the choice to align yourself with one "faction" or other (ie do the choosing at the end, rather than at the beginning- play by ear in a way, reflecting the choices you've made during the game).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!