News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Going Solo

Started by frodo2040, May 17, 2010, 05:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you completed the game solo? (no teammates, side with either Tastidian or Academy)

Yes, I have
7 (31.8%)
No, but I plan to.
8 (36.4%)
No way.
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

frodo2040

I just wanted to see how many people have completed the game solo.  It is a fun and interesting experience (certainly different from the regular method).
Also, any tips or hints about playing solo are welcome.

Ertxiem

[spoiler=final battles]The yellow orb is quite useful in the final battles.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Cerzak]The green orb is useful when fighting Cerzak.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=all battles]Use vengeance, evidently.[/spoiler]
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

MikeW781

I agree, Vengence to heal, play conservative, use either yellow or red orb, and grind like crazy
the tactics are different, but once you get used to it, its not as hard as it sounds. the big concept is that if you only fight a few enemies at a time, its barely harder than having a team
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

frodo2040

Yeah, one of the disadvantages is that battles take so long.  The red orb definitely helps speed things up, especially in training.  (Although, if you spend all the money on the Main, it won't take long till s/he is ridiculously powerful.)

MikeW781

agreed
thats basically how you get through a solo brutal playthrough

SmartyPants

Too much gold farming and over training make the game boring and you need to do that alot to "go solo"

frodo2040

Not so.  If you "need" to do that for solo, then it's not over training.  As for gold farming, after you beat the game on brutal, you get 28,000 gold, certainly enough to get you started.  (Assuming you only train yourself)

Ertxiem

On the old forums someone said that it's possible to start a new game from scratch and win it without grinding (meaning, fighting only the mandatory battles and no gambling). However, I'm not sure if it was on brutal or not.
Nevertheless, it seems quite a challenge.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Idozen Cair

You can deplete your Personality when you start a new game if you're going solo beacuse you won't be commanding others. You won't be needing to persuade others too.

Edit: I can't get through the first battle in solo! Help! Stats:

Power: 12
Defense: 12
Apitude: 11

Edit: Alright prob solved. Now I know that the hardest part is before Hellion is willing to train you.

Edit: Actually, if someone can post a solo walkthrough on wikia, it'll be fantastic.
I doesn't care, do I?

MikeW781

Combine your triple post. Also, a solo walkthrough seems redundant, given that the information we have here is sufficiant when coupled with the other helps threads.

Idozen Cair

Ok. Can you combine posts together after it's posted?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Yes. You copy the post, then modify it into your first post and them repeat with your third.

speedygeek

Level 105

HP 99
PsP 99

Pow 113
Def 55

MB 62
PB 62
MS 50
V 62

Think this is enough for a solo on brutal?

Duskling

Welcome to the forum, speedygeek, follow the rules and enjoy your stay, but, may I ask, how much time did you spend grinding to get those stats?

speedygeek

I'd play through the game at hardest difficulty possible for my team once or twice a week every weekend, so I have no idea how long it took.
:(

Think it's a bit of an overkill? I have 41 for everyone's att, def, (and pow) for the team members I use too.