News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hell quest

Started by Xemadus Echina, May 23, 2010, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

How about we just make a story, and each player adds to it; it's much simpler that way.

.:Light-God:.

Hmm sounds familiar... but okay

Xemadus Echina

that would work too. but then of course some people will want to ruin the story and some people will end up making a very nice section only to be ninja'd by a person who just types a few words.  also with multiple people writing it the flow of the story will be lacking.  here's my counter idea, you all say some words like actions and things like that then i turn it into the next portion of the story. that way it will all flow together. we could also make multiple threads with different rules and see which one is liked the most.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Maybe, but why should we care if someone comes and ninjas the page? We could ignore them, we are civillized people, right?

.:Light-God:.

That's just what i was thinking! If someone would ruin the story then we can just ignore them and continue with the one that ISN'T ruining it.

Bromtaghon

What is with the bold words in the posts? And I don't really get the game, is it like an RP of sorts?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Xemadus Echina

yes it's an rp.  but as of now we are deciding on how to play it.  on one end we have everybody adds to the story and on the other end we have everybody tells a person what to add to the story. 
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

So... who starts? I won't since I'm no good at starting things up, just following them.

Xemadus Echina

it has already been started (read the first post) though if you want to go with my idea where you all just give ideas to me and then i add onto the first post i don't mind.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Alright, I'll pick off where .:Light-God:. left off...

After killing off the Skeleton Guards in their area, Rainen, Lighty, and Steelfist came to a corridor when a Skeleton Guard shouted,

"There he is! GET HIM!"

Since Rainen was the most visible one at that moment, he thought they were screaming for him, but, in reality, they were after another.

"HE'S GETTING AWAY!!!" a Guard shouted, "GET HIM YOU MORONS!"

"I think this is a good time to leave now..." Rainen said.

"You think?" asked Steelfist sarcastically.

"How about that shaft over there?" Lighty suggested.

"Where does it go?" asked Rainen.

"Well, who cares, as long as it's not here!" half-yelled Steelfist.

(You guys pick off from here)

Bromtaghon

I'll join when we figure out the rules.  Is our goal to escape?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

Steelfist clambered into the shaft first, onto his hands and knees, and muttered "Can't see a thing in here"
Lighty climbed in after him, and Rainen followed. Scrambling forward, Rainen heard Lighty give out a startled exclamation. "Steelfist? Steelfist!"
Rainen crawled forward... Onto empty air. He tried frantically to regain is balance, but to no avail, plunging into the depths.

Steelfist awoke covered in bruises, but didn't have, as far as he could tell, any broken bones. Sitting up with a groan, he looked around. He was in a room dimly lit with green light. The entire room was covered in trash. A few metres away, Rainen and Lighty were talking over a small fire they had made. He caught the words " No way out..." before Lighty turned and looked at him. "You're awake! I thought you might be worse of than me and Rainen; You broke my fall, and I got out the way before Rainen fell on me. So he fell on you, instead."
"Brilliant" Said Steelfist, calmly. "Where are we?"
"Not a clue" he said cheerfully. "Seems to be some kind of trash heap"
"Great. How do we get out?"
"Uh...Yeah...About that...We...Ah...We can't..."

Xemadus Echina

yes we are trying to escape.  i'll work you into the story in my portion.

(Picking up again)

Rainen looked out over the area and sighed deeply: we'll be stuck here unless one of us can  miraculously find a way to dig a tunnel of some sorts.  And by dig i mean make a path going UP
lighty laughed at what he thought was a joke and Rainen threw a peice of trash resembling a broken plate at him.
Steelfist: THATS IT.
lighty: what?
Rainen: use the plate to dig out?
Steelfist(sarcastically): no we use it to dine on this fine meal
Rainen: lighty I bet you could dig a massive tunnel with this. Why not give it a try?
Lighty goes over to a pile of trash near the wall and pushes it aside.  to his amazement a small tunnel that you can crawl through is revealed.
Lighty: guess what i found a tunnel!
Rainen: yea go check it out lighty i'm working on making some super cool armor and weapons for us to use.
lighty: ok!
lighty goes into the tunnel and steelfist is wondering why on earth a tunnel would be hidden there.
Lighty: HEY GUYS THERES SOMEONE IN HERE (lighty screams)
Brom: YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE YOU BLOODY DEMONS (you're british now brom.  think you can handle it?)
lighty: ow! ow! stop it we're escapes just like you!
Rainen: HEY STOP THAT IN ALL NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO GET OUT OF HERE
Brom: STOP YELLING YOU BLOODY RETARD
Rainen crawls into the hole with steel close behind
Rainen: ok so for one, how long have you been here? for two, what are you using to dig through here and for three OH MY GOD IM GLAD YOU GOT HERE FIRST
Brom: one, i think a day or 2. two, i made a shovel out of stuff i found around here. three, stop yelling or you'll get us all captured again you bloody retard.
Steelfist: hate to break it to you all but we kinda need to get out of here
Lighty: yea we do.
Brom: one of you dig i'm done for now
Rainen: noes goes!
they all touch their nose and lighty gets distracted
Rainen: you loose lighty get digging.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Picking up where we left off...

"I' am hating this, guys," Lighty whined, after a few hours of digging.

"Get used to it, you lost," Steelfist said rather harshly.

"Calm down, you two!" Rainen said, "We're not getting anywhere this way. Tell you what, I'll start digging now."

"Thank god!" exclaimed Lighty, happy to not dig any more of the dirt/rock combo.

"Yeah, yeah, let's just get going so we can get out quicker," Steelfist said.

"Ok Mister Grouchy," Lighty joked as he lay down on some relatively soft garbage.

"Why I ought to-" Steelfist began when Rainen cut him off.

"Guys, I found an exit!" Rainen exclaimed.

So they went and found another prisoner caving in a Skeleton Guard's skull with his boot.

"Eh?" he uttered as he saw them, "And who are you three?"

"We're-" Lighty was cut off by Steelfist.

"And why should we tell you?" Steelfist was cautious.

"'Cause I want out, too," said the man, flashing a toothy grin.

"Fair enough, but I'll keep my eye on you," Steelfist said, "You handle the introductions," he said, gesturing to Rainen.

"We're escapees, like you, I presume, that's Lighty, he's Steelfist, and I'm Rainen," he said, pointing to each of the team as he said their names.

"Now who are you?" Steelfist asked.

"I'm Dusk," said the escapee, "Now, are we gonna stand around all day, or are we busting outta hell?" he joked, with a small smile.

Now you guys pick off from here.

Xemadus Echina

character list: i figured it would be a good idea to post personalities so other people know how to portray you better. here's a compiled list of what i gathered / made up.
Rainen: calm cool and collect, prone to assume the role of leader.
steelfist: down to earth and occasionally sarcastic. has an amazingly strong right hook.
lighty: upbeat and hyper. easily distracted but will keep on a task if asked to.
Brom: your typical British man.
Dusk: Smart alec, eager to fight.

Rainen: Im all for busting out right here and now but first we gotta make a little stop somewhere.
Rainen looks at the other members of the group
Steelfist(sarcastically): where the pits of hell? the demon king's lair?
Rainen: no the alter of the damned.  It's where the demon king creates the strongest of his servants. There is a rumor that i heard that if you get there and draw the power of the alter into your soul you gain inhuman powers that none of us have ever seen before. (rainen produces a map and points at locations as he mentions them)  we ARE gonna have to sneak by the pits though.  the one that we "visited" before is just a mid level one.  the highest level are where the demon king sends the ultimate servants he creates. whichever one lives past the rest becomes a general in his army.  after we get past that there's some caves that we'll have to go through and then we'll be in the barracks. we'll be able to pick up some equipment and possibly even some magic in there depending on which one we come across.  fortunately, it won't all be uphill from here. after we get past the pits the caves will be easy. then the barracks will be hard depending on the time we go there.  if we go while the minions are training it will be far easier.  Hell really isn't afraid of attacks or escapees so if we keep a low profile and stick to the shadows we'll have no problem.  Although we will have to kill the occasional demon since this is in essence a city.  most of the demons we see will be no problem whatsoever but if you see a demon that looks feminine, has wing or has horns then hide because those are all signs of elite demons.  the feminine is just succubus and they're no fun once they start eating your soul.
steelfist: and you know this how?
Rainen: i met a guy awhile ago.  he gave me the map before he was sent to the demon king for the last time.
lighty: what happened to him?
Rainen: nobody knows what happens when you get sent to the demon king. although something tells me you don't dine on wine and steak.
dusk:ok enough with this explaining crap lets just get on with it.
brom: calm down you bloody fool you're going to get yourself killed.
dusk: shut up you (mockingly in a fake british accent) bloody wanker
brom: why i oughta
Steelfist: calm down you two we have better things to do.
lighty: yea we have an adventure!
Rainen: alright so lets move out.
Rainen starts  walking down a tunnel when a bright flash is seen to the side of him. he jumps up and from under his shirt sleeve he produces a knife which is thrown directly at the demon's skull, killing it instantly.
Rainen: OK let's move out now
im writing a book!
You never know