News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hell quest

Started by Xemadus Echina, May 23, 2010, 01:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

After a few hours of skulking through the streets, the team's journey is brought to a halt by a demon-operated checkpoint.

"Who didn't see this one coming?" Steelfist said, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"This shouldn't be too hard, right?" Lighty asked hopefully.

"Maybe," Rainen answered, "The demons stationed on checkpoints are usually lazy, but news spreads quickly through hell, so they may have heard of the recent prison break."

"So..." Dusk started, "It's not going to be easy?"

"I said maybe," replied Rainen.

"Well, let's see, shall we?" said Brom.

"If you say so, Lord British," joked Dusk.

"I should just throw you over there for those demons to rip you apart!" Brom whispered loudly.

"Yeah? Any time!" Dusk challenged.

"Cool it, you two," said Rainen, getting annoyed, "We're not killing each other here, got it?"

"If you say so," said Dusk, "As long as I get to kill one of them demon freaks if something goes wrong."

After a quick and cool slide by the checkpoint, the team gets to the outskirts of the city to find the alter of the damned.

"Here we are," whispered Rainen, upon seeing two demon guards, he motioned for Steelfist and Dusk to take them out.

Swiftly, the two took a demon each, Steelfist cracked the first one's rib, only to strangle him to finish him off, and Dusk snapped the other's neck.
So they continued.

(Great list, by the way)

Xemadus Echina

(thanks i try lol :p )

Rainen looks around and after a quick look at his map finds the right path towards the pits. "Ok so the first few minutes won't be a problem.  it's mostly just imps and goblins messing around with people."

Dusk looks up and smirks saying "how about we turn the pits into a pool then"

Brom looks at dusk and says "I do believe there are not nearly enough demons in there to fill the pits with blood"

Lighty looks up with bright eyes says in a loud whisper "Wait! what to they do to people?

Steelfist leans over to Rainen and whispers "Don't tell him how to breed. we can't risk it."

Rainen smirks and proclaims in a slighty raised voice "Ok guys lets move out"

(sorry for the shortness im in a rush)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Steelfist

After several minutes of travelling, Steelfist whispers to rainen "I don't like this; It's too quiet".
There had been no further incidents, and everyone was feeling apprehensive. "Maybe there's some meeting, or something. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about!", burst in Lighty.
"You know, I think that was quite possibly the most stupid statement I've ever heard" Said Steelfist sourly "At a meeting! There aren't even any imps! For gods sake... Or maybe I should say for Satan's sake. We are in hell, after all." Steelfist turned to the bouncing Lighty "and keep your voice down; they could be waiting in ambu-" Before he could finish the sentence, they were surrounded in a ring of demons; some were merely imps, but there was a single of the upper echelons of demon. Rainen swore. Steelfist swore, repeatedly. Dusk swore, in a mock English accent. Brom swore in an English accent, but mainly at Dusk for mocking his English accent. Even Lighty looked depressed. Steelfist said, after he had finished swearing, "There is a bright side, you know. Lighty will be dead. It almost seems worth it, now."
A large demon stepped forward and said, In a harsh, guttural and rasping voice "Surrender and die. Or don't surrender, and die a thousand times. Surrender?"
Steelfist's face brightened almost imperceptibly, and whispered to Rainen "Just wait for my signal; I have a plan."
"What's your signal?"
"You won't miss it. Watch and learn..." Steelfist strode confidently toward the apparent leader, and said, in ringing tones-

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen."

As he spoke, the demons began to clutch their ears and scream, almost as if they were in agony. The demon Steelfist was standing in front of collapsed and writhed on the floor.
"RUN!" he bellowed, as the earth began to shake. They ran, with Steelfist not far behind. After a while, he caught up with Rainen.
"What the hell was that!"
"The lords prayer; Demons don't enjoy having prayers recited at them. There's one problem, though. You notice the earthquake; that's the king of hell waking up, and he will not be happy..."

Xemadus Echina

Rainen swore and said "Oh come on Steelfist couldn't you have just punched him?"
An imp appears from behind a rock and Rainen promptly throws a dagger through it's head
Rainen: I mean seriously.  MOST of us can fight.
Rainen looks back at lighty who appears to be enjoying every second of his tortured existence in hell.  A skeleton appears and dusk grind's its skull into dust.  Brom is swearing under his breath and occasionally he says in a slightly louder voice "BLOODY WANKERS I'M GONNA KILL YA" before returning to his grumbling.  Steelfist leans over to Rainen saying "I think he's starting to sober up." Rainen laughs and steelfist joins him.  Unknown to them all though, is that a dark force is lurking in the shadows.
Lighty "yaknow it COULD be worse.  We COULD be chained up in the pits." Lighty trips on a rock and some how gets tangled up in some ropes
Dusk laughs and says "Dude just don't talk, like ever.  Bad things happen when you talk. hey guys can we leave him there?"
Rainen smirks and looks at Dusk saying "nah man he's like my little brother... just taller. besides he lightens the mood more then British man over there ever does with his witty phrases and catchy accent."
Brom looks at Rainen and growls saying "If you make fun of my accent again I'll take a bloody fag and burn you with it"
Rainen: see? witty phrases that in America mean something totally different.
Steelfist smirks and in a sarcastic tone he says "yea gotta love the Brits"
Rainen: hey if it's between a Brit and a Frenchmen I'll take the Brit any day
Brom looks up and yells out "BLOODY 'ELL LOOK OUT RAINEN BIG 'OL MONSTA ROIGHT INFRONT A YOU" Steelfist looks up as does Rainen and after locking eye's Rainen hands Steelfist a dagger which is promptly used to slice through the demon's arm shoulder and head.
Dusk looks at Steelfist, wide eyes with his mouth agape and saying with a slight stutter "D-dude remind me never to get into a fight with you"
Steelfist: coming from you i'd say that's a compliment
Lighty: I think this place could use an air conditioner. Why is it always so hot everywhere?
Rainen does a facepalm and says in a disbelieving voice "Dude just don't talk unless everybody is down and or we're about to get totally raped."
Some time passes and the rumbling is heard again. after awhile it subsides and for just a minute, Hell seems quiet and calm.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

But right after the rumbling stopped a strange feminine figure appeared near an alleyway.

"Oh, bloody hell," muttered Brom.

"I think it's just about to get bloody, Brom, real bloody," said Rainen, drawing a dagger.

"Brom, you wuss," said Dusk, "You've never seen any action in your life, have you?"

"Hey!" Brom shot at Dusk,"Well... ok maybe not, but that doesn't make me a wuss!"

"I said, 'No killing each other!'" Rainen said, now losing his patience, "Besides, if we don't make a move or hide right now, that succubus will have us for dinner, most likely litterally, too."

"I say we kill it before it kills us," Steelfist said.

"How exactly are we going to kill it?" Lighty asked, somewhat scared.

"I dunno," said Dusk, "But none of that bible poetry crap this time!"

"That 'bible poetry crap' saved our skins last time!" Steelfist argued.

Suddenly the demon noticed them and started to laugh a scratchy and raspy laugh.

"We're bloody screwed," said Brom, "It's been nice knowing you gents... except you!" he said, pointing at Dusk.

"It's been nice knowing you, too, Brom!" laughed Dusk.

Despite her rough and elite appearance, the succubus didn't prove much of a challenge to the five, especially when they all attacked together.

"Oh, now I see," said Rainen, studying the demon's corpse, "That was only a minor succubus."

"You mean that there is something even worse than that thing?!?!?" Brom yelled, out of breath.

"Wow, Brom," Dusk said, "You really are a wuss!"

Xemadus Echina

Rainen looks at the group and closing his eyes he begins to explain things.
"As you all know there are a variety of tiers of demons. At the absolute top you have the demon king aka the devil. Right below him are his hyper elites who are used for what we call spec ops.  Most of them are fallen angels.  Below them are his generals and each general has it's own hierarchy below him.  Out side of the army though you have arch demons who rule the lands under the demon king.  Then you have the large variety of various demons and below them are the demon worshipers and politicians.  At the very bottom are us normal folks.  There are also renegade factions in hell, each of them headed up by the mortal form of one of the 7 sins.  Each faction controls a specific portion of hell and each of those factions have different life styles according to the sin that leads it.  The factions are an extremely important factor in considering hell's strength because if they were to unit under the demon king, all of humanity and all of heaven would soon cease to exist.  Since the demon king has to fight his ex-minions the strength of hell is considerably weakened.  unfortunately it is still immensely powerful so that an attack on hell would be impossible.  It could also cause the factions of hell to join under a common cause.  Among the normal demons you have some that are more powerful then others.  That demon we saw back there with the imps was probably just a ring leader of some small time gang or else he was an enforcer of some sort.  That succubus we saw, thankfully, was nothing more then a seducer.  The strongest of succubus are able to trap you in a hallucination which they use to increase your pleasure before they make you experience extreme agony.  For some reason it makes your soul tastier to them.  But anyway, we need to get going.  It almost feels like something is following us."  Rainen opens his eyes and for just a short second they seem to glow a dull green. 
im writing a book!
You never know

Bromtaghon

The travel continued in relative silence for a few minutes, until the ground started rumbling again.  "Bloody hell," swore Brom.
"Uh, Brom?" said Rainen.  "Remember what happened the last time you said that?"  He looked around.  "It's about to happen again."
"You jinxed us," muttered Dusk.
"Stop whining."
"I'm not whining, I'm-"
Suddenly, a roar sounded in the distance, and a group of demons and imps emerged from a wall of red smoke.
"Blast," muttered Brom.  "We could really use some bible poetry now..."
Steel cleared his throat.  "After this manner therefore pray ye, our-"  He was interrupted as a demon tackled him.  Steel slashed the demon in the throat, whacked him in the head, and kicked him into the crowd of demons.
"Bloody hell!" shouted Brom, who was being attacked by five imps.
"That's exactly what it is," replied the imp in a raspy voice.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

"AND IT'S GOING TO GET BLOODIER!" Roared Steelfist, now completely berserk, ripping out the throat of the demon with his hand and hurling him into the crowd. He wore a evil expression, and was already drenched it blood; none of it his own. Spinning round, he grabbed another demon, significantly bigger than the imp. Strangling it, he ripped off one of it's ears with his teeth. Roaring and laughing in equal measure, he dealt dealt to all that attacked him. The others, while not as formidable, were nonetheless holding their crowd. The next several minutes were a blur of blood, death and smoke, ending only when the group was victorious.

Steelfist looked with satisfaction at the corpses surrounding him with satisfaction, and said "Shall we move on, then?"

Bromtaghon

"No, let's stay here and admire the view of bleeding corpses and carnage."
"I'll take that as a yes," said Steelfist, and the group continued on through the streets of hell.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

I think, when we reach the altar, we should be able to choose our own powers-Just post it before we reach it, then everyone gets the power they want.

Rainen led the way through the streets. They encountered a few imps, but they were killed before they could alert any other demons, and soon they reached a massive gate guarded by two demons. Powerful demons.
"I suppose we really should have seen this coming. How, O mighty leader, do you intend to get us past them." Said Steelfist mockingly.
"Shut up! I'll think of something!" Replied Rainen "Say... Some of those prayers might be useful right now"
"How about we try to think of something else first; I don't really fancy telling the King Of Hell exactly where we are."
"Okay, but if there isn't another way..."
"I know, but try to think of something."

After a few minutes, Rainen said "It's possible they haven't heard about our escape."
"Do you really want to risk it?"
"Not really, but even if they have, they probably won't recognize us until we're close- Then we can take them out."
"Fine, but if this gets us killed, I'm going to kill you."
Rainen smiled briefly, and turned to the others to explain the plan.

They walked with their head's downcast, to prevent any demons recognising them, and to fit in with their new persona as slaves. After what seemed like a lifetime, they reached the gate without anyone stopping them. They were nearly through when a harsh, barking voice said "YOU! COME HERE!" They stopped and turned to face the speaker, a bulky demon with the head of a dog. They walked over to him. "WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS THROUGH THE GATE, MORTAL?"
Steelfist stepped forward, as if to speak, but suddenly drew a dagger from up his sleeve and slit the demon's throat in one fluid movement. Dusk punched the other in the chest, winding it and causing it to drop to it's knees. A knee in the face sent it sprawling. It made to rise, but Brom stamped on it's face a few times, and it lay still. For good measure, Steelfist slit it's throat as well. They dragged the bodies inside the gatehouse before they could be spotted, and walked out of the gate into the wasteland. Rainen stopped and said "Okay. The altar is just across here" He pointed vaguely out into the wasteland. "Soon we'll be outta here!"

Xemadus Echina

(I like the choose your own power idea but just don't pick anything TOO crazy)

Some time passes and encounters are won.  Lighty seems to have begun to loose his happiness and even steelfist is beginning to show signs of stress.  "Guy's listen up.  If we don't hurry up and make it through these caves we're all gonna loose it."  Rainen turns back around and his eyes glow a dull green like they have done before.  "Say Rainen how long are the caves anyway?" Steelfist looks at Rainen waiting for an answer "Nobody knows.  You can just hope to get lucky and see if you make it to the other side."  A fork comes along and Rainen walks down the middle path.  A second fork comes up and Rainen walks down a path that forms an upside down V shape with the path that they were just on.  "how the bloody hell do you know which path to take cause if your just bloody guessing i'll throw you against the bloody wall"  Brom returns to his grumbling.  "I don't know which way i'm going i just pick a path and hope it's the right one"  Rainen turns around facing away from everyone again and he smirks as his eyes glow green for just a short while.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

As they kept going, something kept nagging at Brom.

"It's too quiet," he said.

"For once, Brom, I agree with you," Dusk said, looking around as if expecting something to jump out of the shadows.

"Keep your cool, guys," Lighty said, "We can get out of here... right?"

"At least we have someone here who can be optimistic," said Rainen.

So they continued cautiosly for about an hour or so, when something hit Rainen.

"They might not care if we broke out of prison! I mean, we're just a small group of prisoners, we can't seriously fight, or so they thought, and not many patrols we faced seemed to survive to tell the tale," Rainen explained.

"I suppose that makes sense," said Steelfist, "But the altar is probably still very well protected."

Several more hours of walking in silence, there was another checkpoint.

"Anyone else getting deja vu?" Brom asked.

"Nope, just you," said Dusk.

Then one of the demons spotted Lighty...

Steelfist

I reckon I would like, as a power, to be able to manipulate steel however I want, and to have a body made out of living steel.

"For gods sake, Lighty! Get over he- Oh sh*t, I think they spotted him!" Exclaimed Steelfist. "I suppose, if they only spotted
Lighty..."
"We save him." rainen replyed flatly.
"Fine" said Steelfist, "What's the plan?"
"We wait for them to walk past us to Lighty, then we kill them"
"I like it; nice and simple" smiled Steelfist, "But after this, I think they will start caring about catching us."
"After this, we will, hopefully, have super human powers."
"Good point. Dusk, Brom, you take one of them together, Lighty, rainen, you take another. I'll take the last one on my own."
"I thought I was the leader?"
"Not when it comes to a fight."
They waited in silence for the demons, and when they finally walked past their hiding place, toward Lighty, who was still frozen in terror, they were huge; twice the size of a full grown male. Steelfist leaped onto the back of one of them, stabbing it through the neck with his dagger. He then, keeping the dagger in the demon's neck and holding it firmly, slid himself smoothly under the creatures's neck and back up, in a full circle, slitting the creatures throat. The creature collapsed. During that time, rainen and Lighty had brought the creature down, but hadn't yet killed it, and Dusk and Brom had brought their demon to it's knees. Steelfist walked over to Dusk and Brom's demon and stabbed it in the eye, killing it. By this time, rainen had drawn his dagger and gone to work on the creatures throat, killing it.
"Okay, let's move." Said rainen, and led them into the compound that housed the altar of the damned...

Xemadus Echina

Rainen stops suddenly and says "Ok guys listen up we're in the area where the alter of the damned is but we gotta get through the barracks first.  We're gonna have to take our time for this one because if we get spotted its over."  Rainen keeps walking but he sticks to the shadows.  After awhile he stops at a spot in the wall.  When the rest of the group catches up to him he kicks the wall and a pathway is revealed.  "Alright this  is it.  We can use this to sneak around into the armory.  Once we get some of the weapons and armor there we'll head on over to the Alter.  Lighty looks at Rainen and says "Why do we need armor if we're not gonna be seen?"  Dusk hits lighty and tells him to shut up.  After awhile Rainen stops moving.  A buzzing his heard off to a path on the left.  "whats that?" steelfist looks at the pathway "It sounds like the IEM's, or infinite evil machines.  they power the demon king's portion of hell.  We can disable them now but if we do we need to make it look like they malfunctioned or we can just move on to the armory and then the alter of the damned.
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

"I say we get the powers first - without them we don't have a chance against the demons." Replied Steelfist "And anyway, we can always come back here after we've gotten them.