News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What?

Started by Duskling, May 29, 2010, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Sometimes when I check the "Who's Online" option (that's right, I love monitoring the status of forum-goers), it says "Nothing, or nothing you can see..." What does that mean, and be serious, please.

Zhampir

that means the forum user is doing a null-action, or something that the system doesn't have a name for. "nothing, or nothing you can see" is a flag value. Not sure what it could possibly be, but I've seen my own status say that.
Another possibility is that it's an admin thing, to block nosy users like you from knowing what they're doing. ^^

Duskling

Cypher

QuotePosted by: Zhampir
that means the forum user is doing a null-action, or something that the system doesn't have a name for.

That would be Unknown Action. I've seen it as well and I'm sure it's different than Nothing, or nothing you can see...

MikeW781

I think Unkown action is just a filler for an unnamed action, and nothing, or nothing you can see is an idle setting. The nothing you can see was probably a joke.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Well, "Unknown Action" is when someone is editing, not modifying, for that still counts as "posting," but editing.

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that it's when moderators dontwant people to see them spying they can decide to show up as guests. When you see that they are doing something moderator-y
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Tastidian

Quote from: namelesskitty on July 27, 2010, 11:20:13 PM
I think that it's when moderators dontwant people to see them spying they can decide to show up as guests. When you see that they are doing something moderator-y

Like none of us have heard that before maybe we should accept the fact that no one will tell us or will they.