News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Official TRPG2 post-release bugs thread

Started by Zhampir, February 08, 2010, 02:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

Not that anybody will likely fix it... but...
It's a very annoying one, the enemies keep walking on top of each other. especially the mechanics.
I like to bottleneck them so I deal with them one at a time, instead they all stand on the same square, it's imposible to actually get a pict of this because it looks like there is only one there... I don't know what causes it, but it's annoying...

KZ

'Tis true that Craig hasn't fixed a few bugs since release of TRPG2, but then, if someday in the future he does re-do TRPG1 and TRPG2 with the TRPG3 engine, then it might be useful to have a list of bugs handy. ;)
I do suggest that you still posta  screenshot, and simply circle in paint which unit you're talking about and from which position they moved (unit number, e.g. Mech. Captain 2, may help as well).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

CraigStern

Let's put it this way: if I redo those games, there's no way I'm using the old engines. So it's incredibly unlikely that these bugs will show up when I start working on it. But I appreciate the thought. ;)

Frosty

Actually, they have a deeper shadow if they are on the same square, and the Mechanics will walk on water sometimes.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Georgie_Leech

This is a weird one...

I haven't been able to take a screen shot, because it's an animation, but for some reason, Gamblin' Jack's Recover move Doesn't work properly. It claims that G.J. boosted defense by... it seems to be random, I've seen both 3 and 9, but doesn't actually recover anything, and no animation plays. The game then freezes; I cannot select "Done, nor move G.J. in any way. It gets wierder when someone is in the team spot next to him. It causes them to perform the animation of one of their techniques (I've seen Dorgon use Burst Shot, Darling use Shadow blast, and Anya use Mega Shield). This attack doesn't actually do/recover damage, and it deducts 4 Psp from whoever did the attack. The game does not freeze in this scenario.

Ertxiem

Yeah. That's a weird bug, but it's there for a long time. And I believe that Craig will not fix it (see his post above), since he's working on TSoG.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Georgie_Leech

I know he won't fix it, I'm just trying to figure out how it happened. I mean, most bugs are just an error in programming, but that's a fairly significant one.

CraigStern

That was probably introduced (like the other bug mentioned above) when I upgraded the enemy combat AI for the special Sinister Design-exclusive version of TRPG2. It'll resolve itself if and when I remake the game in the TSoG engine. :)

Steel Ersatz Man

I have just joined with Tatidan (It's Ridiculously Hard) and I went to go and get the yellow orb in Lake Alto. I got it but ended up getting lost and landed on the shore where General Darkeye is earlier in the game. And, I can't get back on the ship. This is my second runthrough of the game on New Game+ so I REALLY don't want to have to start A new game. HELP PLEASE!   :(
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

KZ

See the walkthroughs for getting off the island in the TRPG2 walkthrough section: there is a map of how to navigate the Lake.

Welcome to the forums, read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games and enjoy your stay!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steel Ersatz Man

It's not that I can't navigate the mines, it's that it's the final chapter and the game won't let me back on the boat.

Dayn

Also, at lake alto you can walk on water.

KZ

Dayn: kindly expand, as such a statement in the bug thread is practically useless. Tell us the conditions under which this can happen, when this happened, what unusual steps you took before that happened, etc.
Welcome to the forums!

Steel Ersatz Man

Everyone just seems to be veering off subject here. I NEED SOME HELP HERE! Also, I have found that you can walk on water and off screen. Furthermore, when you try to load, you load off screen.

Presentiment

The glitch happens when you run at the corners of the map.

Then you can only walk on the parts beyond the 'invisible wall'.

It is interesting. Lets you get into Thallion's mansion without him being there, you can skip the Spriggat Assassin battle, go into another area turned backwards.