News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

OOC: Still, maybe 200,000?  Also, shouldn't they be contacting other governments to pitch in a reward as this is about national security, not municipal/federal?

I've updated a bit of the story, if someone could summarize rainen's part because I'm not sure I understand it correctly, I'll finish it.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zackirus

OOC: The Shadowling's Remained Neutral during the Traten war's while The Spriggat's played a very minor role. They would propabaly not care though. I am also sure that they would have conntacted other head Nationlists aswell as set up the bounty

As for Summarizing Rainen's Part it goes as:

Rainen  travels' to Psy Academy where he recieves a message from a creature. Haunted by what he saw. Rainen uses his powers and jumps back in time so that he can do something about this creature.
Zack and Annabeth then meet up with Rainen who is found in a coma. Rainen wakes up and learns that Zack is from Traten but not being of this world he decides to help him as it is Zack's only goal is to get back home. The three join together and set off for Lake Alto where Annabeth's cottage is located. Later, Zack tries to buy a new crossbow before he reveils he is from Traten to the Nationlists;which issue a bounty on his head. Mike (Mikew871) is then sent to capture him. Meanwhile General Detore sends a letter to Mako Ker Requesing the capture of both Annabeth and Zack. Zack then remebers his nightmares and has Rainen destory's them but he releases something instead of destorying it. Caitlin and Kayle find Cerzak in a cave and Blank his memory in hopes that he will join them with his powers.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

What about all of rainen's visions? And I know there was something about the Psy Academy at one point...

Duskling

OOC: I was supposed to have a conversation with Seth, but since he hasn't been on lately, we may have to skip that scene, sorry Steelfist.

IC:

Mako knew that a bounty would come, and he knew who he would be hired to kill or... capture... how he despised the word, he was an assassin, not a bounty hunter, besides, it just isn't worth all the trouble of going after prey just to capture it, but the money was right, 200,000 gold per head.

"'A blonde teenager with blue eyes' and this 'Annabeth Krath,'" Mako read the letter, "The girl is new, but I think I know who this kid is..." Mako sighed, "Alive? They want me to bring them alive? Fine, if the bounty is 200 grand per head, and from General Detore, too, it's got to be important."

So Mako flew to their last known location that was given by the bounty sheet: Lake Alto.

Xemadus Echina

all of my visions were basically just a monster contacting me.  As of now only 2 people know i'm from another planet.  the monster which is basically a glitch in reality and then Zack who Rainen told.  The monster claims to have used Nelis as a puppet in one of the visions and it also reveals that it and it's kind are secretly taking over the world through corruption of it's races in order to create chaos. I have a good bit of explanation in the OOC parts of my posts so if you want some exacts then just read through them.

IC:
So what was the problem Doc?  Zack asked,  you had a dark energy stored in you.  I was able to destroy it with my powers though.
--------------------------------------------

A few hours passed and Rainen Zack and Annabeth were walking through the forest. Eventually they came across a very large cottage.  "Well there's my house.  It's not the best but it'll have to do.  "Wait you mean thats just an AVERAGE house for you?"  Zack gawked at the size of the house "you really are a Princess."  "Enough small talk we need to work on a few problems here"  Rainen stood impatiently a few meters ahead of the others "hey i thought you were nice"  Annabeth looked at Rainen with a frown "I have my moments of all emotions."  "well aren't you just Mr. 'i'm better then you cause i know everything about me' hmph you make me sick some times" "don't start with me you prissy little b-" a crack from the woods startled the group and Rainen threw a pryoblast towards the direction of the sound.  A bush caught on fire and a burning rodent came running out and dived into the water "nice one Rainen you torched a squirrel"  "Shut up Zack i'm on edge" something didn't feel right about that thing in your mind.  That and the fact that it's not an isolated event scares me into thinking that some creature is trying to create some sort of large scale chaos

OOC: also for all of you complaining about how Rainen is too strong,  his weakness is time.  The longer a fight goes on and the more he has to fight the weaker he gets.  The only reason he is able to do the things he did was because he stored up vast amounts of energy.  In summary, the more time he has to rest the stronger he gets, the more time he's active the weaker he gets.  Since his abilities uses up the same energy that runs his body if he attacks to much or uses his strongest abilities to much he'll end up slipping into a coma.  From there he can be killed with no more of a struggle then any other person in a coma only he just won't die naturally.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Zackirus

OOC: Rainen what your thinking was inside me head is different from what it actually was...

IC: I know . "Well," sad Zack, "I think Rainen and Annabeth both need to be away from each other for a while. Annabeth why don't you take me on a tour" I'll contact you once she is calm down . Annabeth opened the door and walked in. It had a huge entrance room and it was bigger than most regular houses itself. "Do you really need all this space?" Zack asked examine a potted flower. "Yes!" Annabeth bickered. "This is propabably burgurler magnet" Zack muttered under his breath. "Mom! Dad! I'm home." She yelled. Out of the first doors on the second floor Annabeth's mom cam running out and sprinted to their daughter saying "Are you alright!" She screamed letting her tears come flow. "Yes mom." Annabeth Smiled hugging her. "Wait, who's that? He looks kinda cute. Is he your boyfriend? Please tell me he is from a rich family!" Annabeth's mom stared at Zack. "He is not my boyfriend" Annabeth blushed hiding her face. A Weary old man came walking out of the doors to the right of Zack. He walked over and smilied. "Your Alive, and I thought I would have to buy you out." "Daddy.....". "Well who is this young man?" he said looking at Zack. "I'm Zack Arcon" he smilied holding out his hand "Pleased to meet you." "Arcon..... Arcon.... I think I've heard the name before."" My family is big in the wine business....". "Ahh good, good" Annabeth's dad said, "We were getting worried though, reports said that a Tratenite was found in Hubras City!" "What?" Zack said trying to sound like he didn't know a thing. "Oh yes, he took out a bunch of people and evaded a platoon of guards scalding the city walls won't being seen Goodie, at least I left with style. Strangely though he just wanted a bow?". "Well, I'll look out next time my dad sends a shipment of Wine to Hubras." Zack said trying to sound like he was important. "Well any important member of society and a friend of Annabeth's is welcome in our home." Annabeth's mom chirped in after fussing with Annabeth's hair. Zack was then forced to carry all of Annabeth's new things upstairs to her room. He thought to himself What I would give to be Rainen right now .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainen was sitting in a nearby clearing trying to regain his energy. He found it odd though as he felt really tried all of a sudden and suddenly he closed his eyes and fell asleep. He was standing in the same world as he seen in Zack's dream, however, their are a being standing in front of him. It turnned around and all it was a Shadow with red eyes. "Hello Rainen, glad you could join us...." The shadow laughed, strangely in Zack's voice...
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

Mike sat down, sitting in an old cave near lake alto. Remains of fire, ice, and shadow blasts across the cave suggested it had once been a battle site- but had clearly been abandonded ever since. He had found the trail, and knew he was close. He believed that a solid 4 hours would get him to his goal-but that would cause him to arrive at noon, completely worn out. He would sleep, then attack his foe. He would arrive at midnight, when all were asleep and defenseless. Dreaming of the riches he would gain for this capture, he fell fast asleep.

Waking up, on schedule, at the early evening, Mike sheathed his blades and began to head towards his tagret, staying low and concealed. After about an hour, he spotted the briefest glimpse of one plae white wing. Creeping closer, he recognized an ice spriggat. This one was large and muscular, like all his kind, but moved with the speed and stealth of an assassin. Mike froze. The spriggat turned, and faced directly at him. Mike cursed to himself. He had let his curiosity cause him to slip in obfuscation, revealing his mind to the spriggat.

"What buisness do you have here?" said the spriggat in a commanding tone.
"My buisness is my own," replied Mike, in what he hoped was also a commanding tone.

OOC: If the option came up, Mike would be okay with splitting the profits fifty-fifty in return for a powerful ally. He would hope the option would present itself.
OOC: (EDIT) Conversation fixed.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Mako thought about this, and thought of the chances of why someone so shady would be in the same place as him.

"How much are they paying you? Mako asked.

"I don't know what you mean," replied the stranger, "I'm just taking a stroll across Lake Alto's shore."

"Is that so?" Mako asked, "Will it still be just a stroll if I told you I'm willing to split 400 grand fifty-fifty?"

"Alrighty then," the assassin replied (Mako knows that Mike is an assassin because of the price split agreement), "Annabeth Krath and some Tratenite?"

"Tratenite?" Mako replied with a question, "Zack's a Tratenite? This changes everything."

"So," the assassin began, "We're working together now?"

"We're both after the same target," Mako confirmed, "And we would be stronger and craftier together, why not? Unless you'll sell us out?"

"Never," the assassin said firmly, "I'm in this to the end."

"Good to hear it," Mako said, "Let's get to work then..."

Xemadus Echina

Rainen reached out with his mind and felt a dark energy emitting from a creature that seemed to be made from shadows. "Do you know what happens to a shadow when it enters light or to a negative charge when it gets hit by a positive charge?" at that Rainen stood up and summoned up a large light bomb of the same energy type as he used before in Zack's mind.  He unleashed it in the direction of the creature.  As the attack hit it, it withered into nothingness and the energy coming from it dissipated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What was that!?" Annabeth's mom shrieked as the ground began to shake "Oh that's just this meany that came with us but he's out blowing off some steam"  "His name is Rainen and he's probably the strongest psy you'll ever meet."  I hope that he really WAS just blowing off some steam... "why is he mean?"  Annabeth's mom looked at her daughter with a small frown. "He called me a prissy little b-"  Another explosion rocked the ground and as they looked out the window a figure that seemed to be suspended in the air was unleashing blasts of light at creatures that seemed to be living shadows.  "TAKE COVER!!" Rainen shouted out in the direction of the house as another creature tried to attack from behind.  After a quick thought Rainen channeled his light blasts into his blade.  The yellow orb embedded inside of it glowed brighter and the sword took on a lighter hue, the dark edge being replaced with an edge whiter then marble.  Rainen looked at the sword for a few seconds then slaughtered a few more creatures that were appearing from the shadows.  "well looks like this happy outing just turned into a blood.. erhm... shadow? fest."  Zack looked out at a wall of moving shadows.  He shot an arrow from his crossbow at the mass but it just seemed to dissapear.  A few seconds later Rainen charged into the fray.

OOC: since i don't know how zack would handle this from now on i'll let you finish the fight scene.  Make it good :P and don't forget, Rainen can use life restoring shields so in case you want to add something extra in some how go ahead.

Also in case you're wondering how Rainen fights with a sword imagine a ninja that is able to do spin moves that defy gravity and has super human strength and speed.  (though it uses up a fair amount of power so he can't keep it up on this world forever with his sword in hand and the yellow orb in it i'd say he can do it for 5 hours tops before he becomes comatose. 4 hours until he'd feel the need to take a break.)
im writing a book!
You never know

Steelfist

OOC: Dusk, I'll fill in that conversation, and, I'd just like to point out, Rainen, that Seth isn't evil. He isn't a nice person, but he's nowhere near the psychopath he was last time (in the old forums). Your character seems to have a somewhat warped perspective, if he presumes to judge from the little he knows of Seth. And, I might add, allying with as many other characters as he can might be the only way Rainen can beat . . . whatever it is he's trying to beat. Oh, and, Seth is somewhat more powerful than the last time you saw him. Rainen might not be able to stop Seth simply taking the orb. I will explain why. . .

Seth's transparent face watched the Spriggat swoop down from the sky. Seth muttered something to the Cyro expert. He walked to Seth's inert corpse, and placed his hand on the chest. The body seemed to stiffen as it froze. "My team will stay here, and keep my body in good condition. Keep an eye out for the target." With that, he faded out of view.

Arriving at the Psy Academy, he was glad he could still gain access to the orb's powers without touching it. He had placed it somewhere that no-one would ever find it, and it was guarded by. . . he shook his head, as if to shake off the reverie that had come over him. He cast his mind out, seeking what he was convinced was there. He knew it. Why would somebody found the Psy Academy on this spot. This was why.

There was something underneath, that attracted the founder, that had manipulated the founder's mind. It had fed off the concentrated psy energy, and had grown vastly more powerful. It slumbered, and had concealed itself from mortal minds. However, his death had made him more receptive, and he'd picked up the edges of it's power, as it couldn't conceal it all. He faded.

He reappeared in a cavern, underneath the psy academy. It was, at first glance, a mixture of black and white, and spherical. Seth looked closely, and realised; he could see every colour you could imagine. It hurt his eyes, or, the manifestation of them, at least. He floated forward gently, and stretched forth his hand. It was like glass, but his hand slid through. His mouth opened in a silent scream as energy coursed through him, and a voice echoed in his mind.

Welcome, Immortal. I have been awaiting you.

OOC: Don't worry. Seth hasn't become one of the bad guys. Just wait.

Xemadus Echina

OOC: since Zack hasn't responded at all i'll just continue on with our part of the story.  Also, just send me a PM or something of your half of the fight and i'll just edit into my post.  Also in regards to seth, Rainen doesn't hate him but he just knows that he's on a quest for power.  Due to his history he realized that almost all the time whenever somebody began gathering power, they almost always turned evil so in his travels he started keeping those people in check so that the balance of a world wouldn't get upset.  If seth proves to rainen that he has no desire to take over or abuse his power, he might just ignore seth and let events unfold naturally.

IC: Rainen looked over the vast expanse of forest as he began to fall.  He had discovered a way of siphoning some of the energy of the dark creatures into his own body so that if he killed fast enough, he would get stronger instead of weaker.  He looked down at the unbroken expanse and wondered: how could a force so large and so evil possibly exist for so long and go unnoticed?  The ground came closer and  Rainen did an extremely fast spin in order to loose some of the kinetic energy he gained from falling.  Just before he hit the ground he did one last spin so that he landed on his feet in a wide stance.  I missed being able to do that.   He looked back at the cottage and saw Annabeth, Zack and Annabeth's parents sitting down in a small circle wondering what those creatures are.  Rainen walked over and said "Zack we need to get moving.  You're welcome to do what you want Annabeth but i'll warn you now, if you stay with us you will be seeing more of those creatures.

OOC:  the move that Rainen used is pretty much closest to vengeance.
im writing a book!
You never know

Bromtaghon

IC:
In the middle of the Sibelius' Grove, a Psy was meditating.
I sense... disturbance.  Unrest, coming from the north...  He blinked.   Perhaps only the squabbles of Hubras? No, there is too much trouble, more than should be caused by a mere civil war...  The Hermit frowned, then began a massive scan in the general direction of nort h.  This will quickly drain my power, I had best make haste slowly... someone is worried... someone is frightened... but of what? His presence floated past conscious after conscious, sometimes lingering for a few seconds, occasionally passing on after a simple scan.  The Psy Hermit could feel a decade's worth of power drained from his mental inquisition.
Finally, it was too much.  He collapsed to the ground and fell into a deep sleep.  But not before four words escaped.
"Tratenite... at... Lake... Alto..."

Osrie had just closed the trapdoor when he heard a rustling of leaves.  He whirled around, drawing his sword.
"Hey, watch it!" said a voice from somewhere around his knee.  "I'm a teddy bear, not an immortal punching bag."
Osrie blinked.  "I know you! You're that Hermit's teddy bear!"  He looked around, but the bear was nowhere to be seen.
"Exactly.  I'm a teddy bear, not a redundant repetitor of my points.  The Psy Hermit has sent me- no, I sent myself- to tell you he has sensed unrest in the north."
"And this concerns me how?" asked Osrie, still searching for the bear.
"We could be on the brink of an international war," said the teddy bear.  "There is a Tratenite on Cera Bella.  I'm not sure how it got here or what it wants, but if it's discovered, it's in trouble."
"So you want me to save it?"
"Yes," confirmed the teddy bear.  "I'm dangling from a tree two inches from where your nose was five seconds ago if you can't find me."  Osrie whirled around.  "Sorry, only joking."
Osrie sighed.  "Okay, so, I'm supposed to find this Tratenite, save him from whatever army of assassins will kill him once he's discovered- which could have been yesterday for all I know- and then what? And what about my price?"
"After we save the Tratenite, we need to stop the war in Hubras.  That means we side with the winners, whoever they are- or we find a way to install peace.  The environment has been suffering since centuries ago- first the Shadow Wars, then the Ravinalian Civil War, then the Loyalists, a few minor squabbles in other settlements, and now the Civil War in Hubras.  Entire races have come close to extinction, Osrie.  This is for the good of Cera Bella and every other continent on the planet."
"I'm a mercenary, not an environmentalist."
"And I'm a teddy bear, not a powerful Psy creature that could blast your head off... actually, I am.  I'm also knowledgeable about a lot of hidden treasures and a bit of technology, too.  Trust me- the Tratenite could mean the end of the war, which means more money for you- oh, and did I mention we might be able to stop Cera Bella from being destroyed in a mushroom cloud?"
"Mushroom cloud?"
"Don't ask me, I'm a teddy bear, not a nuclear expert."
"What?"
"Never mind.  We've wasted enough time.  Let's get to Lake Alto and find the Tratenite before the assassins do."
OOC: I have now added Osrie and the Teddy Bear into the story, on the side of Zack and Princess.  Should make for an interesting fight.  I'll throw Cerzak and the rebels in too.  Eventually.

MikeW781

OOC: Okay, no character control intended, but its safe to assume ranien slept after the fight, correct? Especially because its been a long day, fights scenes, etc. Realistically, there is no way they could be more than a few miles from the campsite.

Mike and Mako had waited untill sunset, when all would be asleep. Tracking their targets had been pathetically easy, during the evening a nearby house had exploded. Using their combined strength, the two assassins extended their sight untill they could view and hear the cabin. They heard a girls voice saying "And he's probably the strongest psy you'll ever meet" in between two massive blasts. They discussed moving to attack immeadiately, but figured that the pay was the same no matter how much they had to fight. They found the campsite of their foes, who had suprisingly not set up a guard. All were fast asleep. Mike and Mako approached, moving as stealthly as possible. None of their foes had woken. Mike drew his knife, then turned to Mako. They both nodded.

OOC: I hope the sight thing wasn't to strong. I figure that two psy's could extend their Sight for some distance, certainly more than a lone psy. Especially because they are assassins, used to being stealthly and observant, and ranien is in a fight, so he'll be weaker.

Duskling

"You see the one outside, with the sword?" asked Mike, "Probably a lookout."

OOC: Rainen's probably sleeping outside, since he wants to protect them from the shadow creatures and such in case they come at night.

IC: "Right," answered Mako, "I'll try to freeze him, then we take him down."

"Ok, go," Mike agreed.

Mako snuck by the individual with the sword, and unleashed a powerful Frost Breath. This didn't freeze him, but sure did wake him up.

"What are you doing here?" he demanded.

The two didn't bother to explain, and just attacked.

Tweny minutes into the battle, Mako took a hit to the shoulder, and one to the wing from pyro blasts, Mike got slashed with the sword they saw, but then the inhabitants of the cottage awoke and tried to help, but Rainen, whose name the assassins overheard while the targets and some older individuals yelled for him to run, yelled for them to get out of there instead.

"Run, Rainen!" yelled a pink-haired and pink-eyed girl, who Mako guessed was the target.

"No!" Rainen yelled back, "Get out of here!"

They had been battling for thirty minutes because of the assassins' combined power and speed, but Rainen was putting up a fight, yet he was waning. He took a slash to the face from Mike's knife, and an ice shard to the leg from Mako, but he still held his ground.

The fight had carried on for forty-five minutes, Rainen was slowing down, his pyro blasts were no longer blue, then he finally collapsed, in a coma.

"What do we do with this one?" asked Mike.

On that, Mako produced three ice shards and flung them at Rainen, one in the head, two in the chest.

"Regulation," Mako said, "He's dead."

Mike nodded, but then Rainen fell through some portal beneath him.

OOC: That's your "Mystic" or whatever saving what's left of your life, rainen.

MikeW781

Exhausted from the fight, Mike yelled: "Mako! Leave, or fight the others!"

Mako replied: "We flee! We can finish this later!"
Mike said "Agreed. I have an out of the way headquarters. Its in an isolated part of the deeper downs. We can wait there, then begin our assualt anew!"

Mike and Mako fled the scene, and went to Mikes headquarters. They rested, sharpened their weapons, and swapped stories. Mike learned that, depsite being on the same side as Mako, they disagreed when it came to what side they wanted to be on. They acknowledged this, but reached the conclusion that it was unimportant. They would stick together, maybe even after this quest.