News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Thanks for editing your post Zack. Duskling, its your turn.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

wow guys nice character control. you managed to make me amazingly weak compared to how i  left myself off at the end of my last post, kill me, remove me from the story.  Also when rainen is on a mission he doesn't return to where he came from.  he dies just like anything else.  So, now that i'm here i guess i'll right the wrongs that you guys did to me

IC: Rainen stood up and laughed as all of the people that were in the area each took part in their own dreams.  He used up a considerable portion of power so he had to take a few hours to regenerate enough to defend himself.  He went over to zack and sent a signal to his brain causing him to wake up.  "What happened?" Zack muttered as he came to. "I had to put everyone here to sleep so that they wouldn't get infected."  Rainen walked over to Annabeth and her parents and woke them up as well.  "The danger is over for now.  Are you coming with us Annabeth or will you stay with your parents?"  Annabeth shrieked at the 2 assassins lying on the ground. "oh don't worry they're still asleep.  The ability will wear off naturally in a few hours.  By then we can all be gone.  Just don't kill them.  they're not infested with evil, just changed by it."

OOC: just because i can't post for a day or 2 doesn't mean you can kill me off and remove me from the story and take my weapon(the orb can't be removed from it by any available way to the tech level of this planet).  Just take me out of the main story in the same fashion as i took myself out before.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

Quote from: rainen on July 13, 2010, 04:52:25 PM
wow guys nice character control. you managed to make me amazingly weak compared to how i  left myself off at the end of my last post, kill me, remove me from the story.  Also when rainen is on a mission he doesn't return to where he came from.  he dies just like anything else.  So, now that i'm here i guess i'll right the wrongs that you guys did to me

IC: Rainen stood up and laughed as all of the people that were in the area each took part in their own dreams.  He used up a considerable portion of power so he had to take a few hours to regenerate enough to defend himself.  He went over to zack and sent a signal to his brain causing him to wake up.  "What happened?" Zack muttered as he came to. "I had to put everyone here to sleep so that they wouldn't get infected."  Rainen walked over to Annabeth and her parents and woke them up as well.  "The danger is over for now.  Are you coming with us Annabeth or will you stay with your parents?"  Annabeth shrieked at the 2 assassins lying on the ground. "oh don't worry they're still asleep.  The ability will wear off naturally in a few hours.  By then we can all be gone.  Just don't kill them.  they're not infested with evil, just changed by it."

OOC: just because i can't post for a day or 2 doesn't mean you can kill me off and remove me from the story and take my weapon(the orb can't be removed from it by any available way to the tech level of this planet).  Just take me out of the main story in the same fashion as i took myself out before.
So, its making you amazingly weak to say that after a hard battle, two assassins couldn't finish you off while you are sleeping? Considering you responded to accusations of being overpowered by saying you need to rest after battles, saying you rested after a battle is fair.

Bromtaghon

I actually agree with rainen- when I first came back I thought 'Wow, MAJOR character control.'  Everything occuring with Zack/Annabeth was fine since Zackirus was fine with it, but I think rainen should be given the chance to negate anything that you posted that controlled his actions.  Whether or not he's overpowered is a different matter.
Also, @MikeW781: Resting =/= sleeping.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zackirus

Quote from: Bromtaghon on July 13, 2010, 05:32:43 PM
Everything occuring with Zack/Annabeth was fine since Zackirus was fine with it

I was just following the story! I'm sorry!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Bromtaghon

@Zackirus: No need to apologize, if you're fine with it it's fine since it's your cfharacter.
@Duskling: I don't get your point about namelesskitty, algebra15, Ersatz Man and Steelfist, because no one tried character control on them.  Also, you using character control is against the rules, regardless of whether rainen broke them also.  And it IS character control regardless of whether or not he would have done it.  If you kill him again and break the rules, that's just as bad as godmoding.
@rainen: I agree, rainen is a bit overpowered- after all the shadow creatures, he needs more rest than what he got and he should be nowhere near full power.

In short: Duskling, stop the character control, rainen, tone down your character's power.

Duskling

You've got a deal. Does toning it down to... I don't know... does 40%-60% of his normal power level sound rasonable? I mean, come on, he was almost a god, so toning it down that way should make him an exeptional warrior, but not too extreme.

Bromtaghon

I agree.  I think close to the TRPG2 Main is reasonable, what about you?

Duskling

Agreed; Psy Prodigy: Yes. God: No, no, NO!!!

MikeW781

Agreed, and apologies about the character control. I just felt like ranien entered every RP with his god-character, then decided he was the leader of everybody because of it.

Xemadus Echina

I agree i do make rainen OP sometimes but don't forget, he's not after any of you. he's just trying to destroy this creature that shouldn't even exist.  Also if you'll recall he found a way to syphon energy from the creatures that he was fighting so he didn't become completely weakened.  What happened on his end is that when the 2 assassins attacked he used an ability that caused everything in the area to fall asleep and have extremely vivid dreams so they wouldn't realize it.  that drained almost all of his power so he took a few hours to restore himself to what would be considered normal for the average psy. 
im writing a book!
You never know

MikeW781

thats the same issue though. we're controlling his character. I'd take that post back, and just wait and see what happens.

Duskling

So... we should redo the scene, maybe?

Xemadus Echina

that or just continue on from where i left off.  At the end of my post Rainen was no stronger then a normal psy and zack rainen and possibly annabeth were about to leave.  The 2 assassins are just temporarily asleep having vivid dreams so i don't see how there's a problem with that as long as nobody tries to kill them in that state. 
im writing a book!
You never know

MikeW781

well, you used character control to make us loose and all.........
even though we were attacking by suprise, and ou supposedly nerfed you character.....
so lets take it back untill i set the scene where me and Dusk attacked