News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

Seth stared at the cavern's ceiling, his eyes not registering that which his eyes rested on, his mind filled with the booming voice, his ethereal body filled with power.
I have a task for you.
W-what? Seth struggled to muster the willpower to respond in the face of the overwhelming consciousness.
You must set aside your petty hatred and fear. My opposite gathers itself to strike. It has chosen a champion, and so must I. I have chosen you. However, there is another force abroad in this universe, whose presence, although he does not know it, threatens this very universe. My opposite and I have agreed to limit his power, as the amount of power he possesses damages reality. It could easily tear the universe asunder. The individual's name is Rainen, and comes from . . . elsewhere. He aims to help this universe, and you must enlist his aid in the struggle. Without him you will fail.
What should I do? Seth replied, having pulled himself together somewhat.
Gain allies, look for sources of power that may aid you, and find the orbs. But first, find Rainen.
Power suddenly coursed into Seth; he screamed, and he heard someone scream with him.
You are powerful enough to do what you must. Rainen has been limited.
Seth vanished.

OOC: I think that effectively limits Rainen's power, boosts my own (I would say that I am now roughly the same power as Rainen, after he has been limited), adds a new plot twist and opens the way for more character interaction. I hope no-one minds.

Xemadus Echina

hmm stopping an attack VS. killing and removing a character from the story... also it's not really character control if i put you to sleep with an ability plus if you go back that far then my character isn't nerfed anymore
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

I'd rather you guys go on a rescue mission for Zack, so yeah, we go back in time. :|

Xemadus Echina

i went back to read through the posts and i remembered something i had forgotten. Rainen putting everybody to sleep wasn't to stop an attack, it was to save everybody from becoming infected with the energy that had infected zack.  So the entire act wasn't even to harm you at all, it was to save you from being taken over.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

To be honest with you, I really don't like the idea of "an entity behind everything" because that would make us fall off track of the main story... unless the Nationalist leader is this entity? But really, I don't like the whole concept of "being put to sleep to be saved," it makes it seem like we are helpless against something much bigger... which doesn't exactly encourage me to post more, seeing as how we're constantly in danger of "being infected."

MikeW781

Quote from: rainen on July 15, 2010, 10:28:15 AM
hmm stopping an attack VS. killing and removing a character from the story... also it's not really character control if i put you to sleep with an ability plus if you go back that far then my character isn't nerfed anymore
Character control is still character control. I made it so you went to sleep, you made it so we attacked blindly.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

@dusk: hundreds if not thousands of the evil creatures were just destroyed so their energy is still surging in the area.  the evil intent in your minds was like a beacon to them to infect you.  not knowing if it would be safe for anything else to be around when they began to converge on you Rainen just decided to put everyone to sleep until the energy fully dispersed. there's a somewhat IC explanation of why I had Rainen do what he did.
also the entity behind everything is still mostly a mystery.  the only known things about it in the story is that it is based on energy, it creates chaos and it uses a sort of parasite to cause chaos in people's minds and it can also change forms.  Most of that is only known by Rainen though.  Also in the story your characters don't know that there was a dark energy trying to take them over.

@mike:how did you make me fall asleep? and how did i make you attack blindly? and i don't think you can compare killing and removing a character from the story to making people fall asleep for a few hours. 

To be honest I really don't understand what the problem still is.  The end result is that nobody died and my character has been severely nerfed so what does it matter?  In the interest of continuing the story and putting this whole mess behind us i'm just going to move on from where i left off.

IC: "I still don't know why i came with you guys." Annabeth looked up at the trees and frowned "we're gonna be walking through a grungy forest now for who knows how long and i don't even have my make up"  "Look I gave you more then enough time to decide and you chose to stay with us so Obviously it can't be all that bad.  Besides, like you said before we left 'My parents will probably take the boat out to the other side of the lake and head off to our other home for awhile.  I mean it's not like the assassins were after THEM" Annabeth looked at Rainen and said  "oh shut up already I don't like your attitude"  "The assassins just woke up and your parents are on the other side of lake Alto."  Zack looked at rainen and said "well i guess we should keep moving then.  Will they be able to follow us?"  Rainen looked back and said "we have about 3 hours head start and we're moving at about 4 miles an hour and they don't know which direction we went so i doubt they'll find us any time soon."  "well that's good i guess..."  Zack looked back too and then kept moving forward.  After awhile Rainen started walking again and caught up

OOC:also I just noticed steelfist's post's effects.  Rainen's powers already ARE limited to how much time he has to meditate and regain power.  If it wasn't for the yellow orb he would only be able to do about 1/4th the stuff he can do now.  If he were to go away for a year and meditate with the orb the whole time then come back he would in all respects be a god.  Now granted I would NEVER do that because it just completely ruins the story though I guess the limit the creatures put on Rainen could be the equivalent of a max hp/pp.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on July 15, 2010, 05:33:22 PM
@dusk: hundreds if not thousands of the evil creatures were just destroyed so their energy is still surging in the area.  the evil intent in your minds was like a beacon to them to infect you.  not knowing if it would be safe for anything else to be around when they began to converge on you Rainen just decided to put everyone to sleep until the energy fully dispersed. there's a somewhat IC explanation of why I had Rainen do what he did.
also the entity behind everything is still mostly a mystery.  the only known things about it in the story is that it is based on energy, it creates chaos and it uses a sort of parasite to cause chaos in people's minds and it can also change forms.  Most of that is only known by Rainen though.  Also in the story your characters don't know that there was a dark energy trying to take them over.

@mike:how did you make me fall asleep? and how did i make you attack blindly? and i don't think you can compare killing and removing a character from the story to making people fall asleep for a few hours.  

To be honest I really don't understand what the problem still is.  The end result is that nobody died and my character has been severely nerfed so what does it matter?  In the interest of continuing the story and putting this whole mess behind us i'm just going to move on from where i left off.

IC: "I still don't know why i came with you guys." Annabeth looked up at the trees and frowned "we're gonna be walking through a grungy forest now for who knows how long and i don't even have my make up"  "Look I gave you more then enough time to decide and you chose to stay with us so Obviously it can't be all that bad.  Besides, like you said before we left 'My parents will probably take the boat out to the other side of the lake and head off to our other home for awhile.  I mean it's not like the assassins were after THEM" Annabeth looked at Rainen and said  "oh shut up already I don't like your attitude"  "The assassins just woke up and your parents are on the other side of lake Alto."  Zack looked at rainen and said "well i guess we should keep moving then.  Will they be able to follow us?"  Rainen looked back and said "we have about 3 hours head start and we're moving at about 4 miles an hour and they don't know which direction we went so i doubt they'll find us any time soon."  "well that's good i guess..."  Zack looked back too and then kept moving forward.  After awhile Rainen started walking again and caught up

OOC:also I just noticed steelfist's post's effects.  Rainen's powers already ARE limited to how much time he has to meditate and regain power.  If it wasn't for the yellow orb he would only be able to do about 1/4th the stuff he can do now.  If he were to go away for a year and meditate with the orb the whole time then come back he would in all respects be a god.  Now granted I would NEVER do that because it just completely ruins the story though I guess the limit the creatures put on Rainen could be the equivalent of a max hp/pp.
How exactly is putting us to sleep supposed to save us from being "infected?" Could we just redo the scene before we attack you?

MikeW781

^^ My idea exactly ^^
its totally unfair that you can just decide you know where we are, and KO us. Also, your characters only real weakness is that he needs to rest, but you never end a post resting. Therefore, we never have a time to attack zack when you aren't at full power.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Quote from: MikeW781 on July 15, 2010, 08:46:33 PM
its totally unfair that you can just decide you know where we are, and KO us.  
I both agree and have a point to make: with all due respect, we killed him and threw him out of the story, but it really is unfair that he can magically predict everything that will go on, it just seems a bit... how should I say this... ridiculous.

Bromtaghon

I say we take it back to where Mako and Mike are about to attack.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

That's three votes on that, I think we win.

Xemadus Echina

ok then so we go back to the scene where mako and mike are about to attack.  also as a side note Rainen doesn't rest or sleep. he just meditates and gathers power.  if you can force him to fight and some how stop him from being able to teleport then you can make him submit.  also his teleport works much like shadowport but the range is limited to how much power he has.  many short jumps take less power then one long jump for reason's i dont care to explain right now. 

IC:  Rainen brought his mind back into himself.  The energy of the creatures was still swarming so he decided to place a barrier over the people in the area to try to protect them.  He contacted Zack and told him that it wasn't safe yet and to stay inside.  "I hate these things, even after death they annoy me" Rainen mumbled to himself.  He summoned his sword again and began to meditate, letting his mind wander.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zackirus

Meanwhile:

Zack was sitting down on his bed when he noticed the room got a little darker. He looked around and saw no one but then something grabbed him and dragged him into its world before he could contact Rainen. However, Annabeth had just walked in the room and she saw what happend. "Hey You!" She screamed diving at the purple energy before getting sucked away along with Zack to somewhere else...

OOC: Okay guys here is the deal. I have to go in around 2 days and I won't be back for around 1 month. I have put both my characters somewhere else and for the sake of myself because don't go into their and save them (put you can try[/i to look for them)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Mako and Mike were closing in on the cottage, making sure not to be spotted or have their thoughts heard, especially by some unsavory presence that was in the air. They quietly entered the cottage, and started looking for any hint of their targets.

Nothing here, Mako thought covertly to Mike.

Move to the other room, Mike responded mentally.

Every room they checked, finding nothing but two middle-aged people, sleeping in the same bed.

"Who are they," Mako mouthed.

"Parents, keepers, I don't know," replied Mike, also mouthing words.

"Let's 'invite them to a walk,' " Mako now whispered, "Shall we?"

"Yeah," Mike snickered.

"I'll take the lady, you silence the man," Mako said, pulling out some rope he keeps handy, and two hankerchieves.

He handed one of both pairs to Mike, and they both tied the two, one by one, with the rope, and gagged them with the hankerchieves. Then they knocked them out, and carried them silently out of the cottage.

"What'll we do with them?" asked Mike.

"Oh, you'll see," replied Mako, "These are probably one of the targets' parents, and when they figure out what happened, they'll come to us, in the meantime, we'll be in my hideout, waiting for them to contact us."

"I see," said Mike, "And if they free them? Then what?"

"They won't," said Mako, "Trust me."