News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

Mike and Mako went to one Mako's many hideouts, this one in a cave in the Ashwan desert. Transporting the parents had been difficult, but apparently their targets were no longer in the area.
Once they reached the hideout, they chained the two parents in the dungeon. They had no way out, and the room was soundproofed. Then, they drugged their captives, knocking them outfor a good while. Now that their captives had no way of escaping or contacting anybody, the two assassins ate and rested. Upon waking, they went over to their captives, who were still KO'd. They woke them, then began to question them.

Mike drew his dagger, and held it to the womans throat. No subtelty here, he though. He then asked the man: "Who are you?! And who was staying in your house yesterday!?"
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

Rainen was paralyzed.  The dark entity he was sent to destroy was attempting to tear through his mind so he was forced to draw himself back in and use every ounce of strength he had to keep his defenses going.  It seemed like the creature had limitless amounts of power but then just as quickly as it had started, the torment stopped.  Rainen reached out with his mind again and saw that nothing was in the area.  It took him only a few seconds to realize that there should have been four minds nearby but all of them were gone.  He got up and clenched his sword tightly and walked over to Annabeth's cottage.  He looked around and then when he got to where Zack was sleeping, it hit him.  The same dark force that attacked him managed to capture Zack and some how took Annabeth with it.  He scanned the area for any sign of escapee and realized that some sort of teleportation was used.  After awhile Rainen decided that searching for the two would be hopeless and he needed to find out where Annabeth's parents were.  Once more he reached out with his mind and found small mental traces of distress lingering about.  He tapped into them and found out that two assassins captured them during the night. looks like i'm on my own again...  I need to find another ally though if I want to beat this thing... or some more of those orbs... or the element breaker... Yes that's it.  If I can find the element breaker I can gather the orbs and fuse their power into it.  Now then, Mystic told me that the element breaker was summoned to a planet were light fought dark and fire fought ice.  So far this planet revolves around those four elements but I need to find out where the highest concentration of those struggles are.  Ok so the desert can be considered Fire, Lake Alto can be considered ice, the forest can be considered life and the deeper downs can be considered dark so i need to find the cross roads of those four places...  Everything operates from an origin so if i find that origin of all four places then the element breaker should be formed by an X between lines of light and dark as well as fire and ice.  At that Rainen set off in a boat to search lake alto for the origin and see if he was right about his guessing.

OOC: is there a link to some sort of map of cerra bella anywhere?
edit: never mind I found one on the wiki.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Steelfist

Seth appeared in an incandescent explosion of pure white light. The nearby human was hurled backward. The surroundings were obliterated. Seth held his eyes shut until he was certain that he had the power under control. When he opened them, they still blazed white with power. It was not yet fully a part of him; it was more difficult to control. He knew, without understanding how, that it would gradually integrate with his own power. He examined the human, with his eyes and mind. The human's appearance was unremarkable; since he had become a spirit, appearances mattered less to him. He knew that, should he choose to, he could appear any way he wanted to. The mind, however, was remarkable. Upon examining it, he saw that power simply wouldn't affect the shield.
I see so much. I see how your mind is defended. I see everything. It nearly broke my mind, but my mind is strong. Seth spoke in a sibilant whisper that vibrated with power. He altered his mind, in order to scan the human; he needed to be sure this was the one he wanted. He launched the mental assault, expecting resistance. He wasn't disappointed. The human was amazingly resilient; Seth simply couldn't get inside his mind. The human sent a powerful pyro-blast toward him, which Seth neatly avoided by vanishing and reappearing six metres to the left. He laughed.
Peace, Rainen. I offer alliance. Without the other's help, neither of us can succeed. Together, we can thwart the enemy.

Xemadus Echina

OOC: sorry for the character control but i'm way to tired to find a way around it right now.  I'll try to keep it to a minimum and I'll make sure to make no major decisions

Rainen stood silently for a few seconds then said "your power is unnatural and you are nothing like me.  It is things like you that I am meant to destroy but perhaps we could work something out."  The creature looked directly at Rainen with an icy glare "You and I both know that there is an evil creature lurking about this world.  I know you come from a different dimension and I'll tell you something.  In this dimension when people die they become spirits like me who walk the earth until they are ready to move on.  It is a completely natural phase of life."  Rainen cut the spirit off saying "I meant your power.  It's not natural and you didn't acquire it in a normal way."  Rainen concentrated and secretly drew a memory from the spirit's mind  "that orb and those creatures,  I don't know their purpose but they don't seem natural to me.  Neither do your eyes and your aura" the spirit looked at Rainen with a small smile and said "That's amazing, how did you manage to take memories from me without me knowing?" "I use different powers from you, when you don't know what it is you're defending against it makes it much harder to block it.  It's the same way with my defenses.  I use a special shield that alters how my brain functions so that I can isolate any portion of it from the world."  The spirit looked around and said "You came here looking for something, didn't you"  "you're right i did.  I need to find a weapon called the element breaker so I can harness the power of these orbs better.  I used to have it as well as many other swords but they were lost and spread out over all of creation.  Another one of my duties is to gather them and make sure they aren't used to alter fate."

OOC: for all of you complaining about Rainen's ability to shield his mind and search other people's minds, again, it takes up his power so when he's
weak from a fight or if he used up to much power and became unconscious, he can't do either thing.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

OOC: This post is just to help visualize Mako's other hideout, and will help the story in only a small bit, probably to give the heroes early "blueprints." By that I mean so that if yo uare sneaking around there, or are battling there, I want it to feel realistic (The Mech. Marksman is Annabeth's father, Rahel is her mother (not the real Rahel, only her figure), and the Black Cape is Mike).

MikeW781

Quote from: rainen on July 18, 2010, 06:26:23 PM
OOC: for all of you complaining about Rainen's ability to shield his mind and search other people's minds, again, it takes up his power so when he's
weak from a fight or if he used up to much power and became unconscious, he can't do either thing.
Yes, but thats a completely useless weakness, because you always sleep in the middle of your posts. That way, we can only every attack you when you are awake. Ranien was supposed to be powered down, but I see no change.

Xemadus Echina

Your right I could do that if I wanted to.  but why would i?  also last time i checked i haven't even interacted with your characters recently (in the real story line) so your complaint is rendered invalid.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

You've both got a point, rainen doesn't have to sleep at the end of his posts, but if he doesn't need to rest at the end of his posts, that would make attacking him suicide for us, which we'll have to do later, I'm not making that up, these stories always, always have these kind of confrontations.

Xemadus Echina

the best time to attack rainen wouldn't even BE when he's meditating.  It would be when i leave him right in the middle of a battle.  For fairness i'll try to do that a few times so that the story can go in a direction that isn't always positive for rainen.  Also just an FYI if you DO capture him, try to keep things realistic.  I've told you guys that his weakness is that he needs to meditate often to keep his power levels up but i don't think anybody in the story that's still in play knows that so try and find a way to have your characters discover that weakness.  also i'll say it again, RAINEN DOES NOT SLEEP OR REST HE MEDITATES.  I've said that multiple times before.  there is a very big difference.   When you sleep or rest you loose control of your mind.  When you meditate you increase the control over your mind and that increased control is what helps Rainen to regenerate power.  The yellow orb doesn't let him gain power as time goes by it just slows down the amount that he looses and it helps him to regain it faster when he does meditate with it. 
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Alrighty then... should we get on with the story? If so, either Mike or Rainen begin .

Xemadus Echina

OOC: since steelfist isn't here right now i'll just go into Rainen's back story.

The spirit looked at Rainen and said "Interesting, so when something unnatural appears in a universe you are sent to destroy it correct?" "exactly.  Once I destroy whatever it is that created the imbalance I fix the damage that I caused as well as the damage the creature caused and then when everything is balanced again Mystic returns me to my home universe.  There are eleven other people like me and the twelve of us are called protectors.  Every universe and dimension had a guardian who takes care of small disturbances.  All of the protectors were once guardians and the difference between a guardian and a protector is that protectors are able to use their powers in any universe as long as there is enough of a specific type of energy.  That energy has an opposite which spawns unimaginable horrors and when a universe is low on positive energy it is always higher on the negative energy.  Because of that the protectors have to be able to adjust to a variety of situations and be able to gain support from the inhabitants of each universe and dimension."  "so basically what you're saying is that if things are unbalanced you and the other protectors are sent to fix that imbalance and the worse it is the weaker you all are?"  Rainen looked over the lake at a far away island and said "Sometimes.  It's more likely that that will happen but as far as I can tell the worst creatures are generated when there is more good energy then bad."  "I think I get it.  The negative energy is trying to get rid of the positive energy so when there's more positive energy the negative energy has to compensate more."  "exactly.  That's why our purpose isn't as dangerous as you might think."
im writing a book!
You never know

MikeW781

Quote from: Duskling on July 20, 2010, 01:08:01 PM
Alrighty then... should we get on with the story? If so, either Mike or Rainen begin .
Quote from: MikeW781 on July 17, 2010, 08:20:53 AM
Mike and Mako went to one Mako's many hideouts, this one in a cave in the Ashwan desert. Transporting the parents had been difficult, but apparently their targets were no longer in the area.
Once they reached the hideout, they chained the two parents in the dungeon. They had no way out, and the room was soundproofed. Then, they drugged their captives, knocking them outfor a good while. Now that their captives had no way of escaping or contacting anybody, the two assassins ate and rested. Upon waking, they went over to their captives, who were still KO'd. They woke them, then began to question them.

Mike drew his dagger, and held it to the womans throat. No subtelty here, he though. He then asked the man: "Who are you?! And who was staying in your house yesterday!?"
I was expecting you to finish this scene. If you'd rather i did it, thats fine.

Duskling

Sure, go ahead, I don't really have anything in mind at the moment.

Xemadus Echina

oh come on now dusk how long has it been since you continued the story >.>
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

14, 15 posts ago, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?! >:( :'( :D