News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nation of Hubras Returns!

Started by Bromtaghon, June 12, 2010, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

Rainen felt a strange presence.  It felt as if his powers over fire were weakening I must be getting closer to the origin.  I wonder if it's the power of an orb that's causing me to feel weakened...  Rainen kept sailing in what he hoped was the direction of whatever it was that was making his powers weaker and soon enough he came upon an island with a large rock formation.  Upon landing he felt a surge in air pressure This is DEFINITELY the origin...  Rainen stood up and walked up to the rock formation.  He closed his eyes and placed a hand on the rock, feeling it's material form and looking for anything unnatural about it.  Sure enough he discovered a fake wall in the rock that could be lifted away and after a few minutes of hacking away at it with one of his sturdier swords, he gained access to the innards of a some what large cavern.  After sending the sword back to the ether void he created a fireball and lit a nearby branch on fire.  He took his newly aquired torch and went into the cave.  After a few minutes he cane to another stone door but this one was connected to a lever hidden in the wall.  When he pulled the lever a strange gas filtered through the door and in an instant everything began to burn hmm, flammable gas... What a nice touch for a place that houses something that makes ice stronger...  Rainen waited while the cavern seemed to burn all around him.  Flames danced around his shield and soon enough the fires subsided.  Well, time to move on...  Rainen walked through the door and to his amazement he found two large statues of what seemed to be gargoyles.  Those things look dangerous, I bet they're hooked up to some sort of tripwire...  Rainen reached out with his mind to sense for a trigger that would bring the gargoyles to life and sure enough when his mind touched the statues, he found that they did have a conscious and that they were connected to triggers all over the room I bet they wake up when you contact them too... Lucky me Rainen stepped over one of the many triggers and then a booming voice filled his mind Turn back mortal or die  Rainen looked around for a face to the voice and then realizing that the gargoyles' eyes were opened he spoke to them telepathically saying you are mistaken.  I am not a mortal and I have most likely even lived before the time of those who created you. Upon hearing this remark the gargoyles laughed at him and responded saying impossible, you share the form of a human.  Humans live such fragile lives and only the lucky ones make it past the age of ninety.  We have guarded these halls for over a thousand years  Rainen smirked and said Check my mind if you will.  I'm sure you'll find that it is guarded in a way that is alien to you.  No matter how much you pry you will never, not even in a thousand more years, break the gates that guard it. When he finished his remark he sent a pulse out from his mind that beat back the tendrils of the gargoyles hmm maybe you are what you claim to be.  If you really are immortal then you should have no problem defeating us then. Rainen sighed and said to himself aww crap I was hoping I could just bluff it After taking a few seconds to gather himself, he looked up at the gargoyles with death in his eyes and said Your lives have lasted a thousand years.  They will end in less then an hour.  At that Rainen summoned his flame sword pyrosis and began to charge it with power.  I hope I don't miss...  Rainen felt the minutes of consciousness tick away and when he felt that he had charged his sword enough so that he had a little over two hours of life left in him he concentrated the energies of the sword and unleashed a blast aimed directly at a conduit of energy leading to the gargoyles.  A line of fire seemed to appear out of nowhere and soon enough it reached the gargoyle to the left of Rainen.  you... Only the master knows how to manipulate fire in that way...  Only the master knows about the energy lines that sustain us...  Are you perhaps a friend of the master? I am not a friend of your master.  I killed your master and claimed his secrets as my own and now I come to kill his creations.  The remaining gargoyle looked at Rainen and said So the master is dead...  Well then I now work on my own free will.  Allow me to live and I will offer my support to your cause.  Rainen smiled and said very well.  Open your mind to me and allow me to know all that it contains so that I may see for myself if you are honest. The gargoyle shifted and Rainen probed it's mind.  He dove into the sub-concious of the gargoyle's mind and found a tendril of though that proved that the gargoyle needed a master.  He went into the conscious mind and found that the gargoyle was fully behind the idea of supporting Rainen You have passed my test.  Now, go and bring me the object that you know I seek and then and only then will I allow you to join my ranks.  The gargoyle left the room and Rainen collapsed.  Aww man I'm so glad these guys are easy to persuade... Rainen sat in a meditative position, holding his sword with the yellow orb facing him.

OOC:  Since i'm on an unknown island in an unknown location in lake alto i sincerely doubt that any of you will be interacting with me for awhile.  If you do feel like interacting with me I will be heading in the direction of the great forest in a post or two in order to meet up with steelfist's character.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

MikeW781

Mike ran towards the city of the Madrid- Tikitiki. Madrid was a city with a large mix of Rebels and Loyalists, but he believe he could unite them with their fear of Tranten. Mako was waiting nearby, ready to take him out of the reach of the mod. For there would be a mob. Mike would not leave the city with anything less than a mob of both Nationalists and Loyalists following behind.

Mike's entry was one of the most crucial parts to the plan. He didn't have to be stealthy in his entry- he had to look like he was trying to be stealthy, but in reality be in such plain sight that even the lax and lazy guards could spot him as one to watch. He felt ridiculus, so foolish, but he executed his entry perfectly. A guard came up to him, asking where he ws from. In his best imitation of Zack's voice, he relied: "None of your buisness. Now get out of my way". The guard moved away, then began to whisper to another guard on duty. As Mike walked around, he noticed that a guard was following him, making clumsy attempts to be stealthy. Mike decided to find a nice, defensable building, then eliminate people untill the mob he was looking for showed up. He eventually picked a small tower, which was unfortunately the guard tower. Unfortunately for them, anyways. Mike walked in to the tower, and found himself in a room with a ladder leading up, and a single guard on duty. The guard immeadiately asked "Who are you? What is your buisness here?"
Mike replied: "I'm here from Tranten, come to kill you all." He dived at the guard, and used his dagger to give the guard a nasty cut. It would hurt, and look worse than it was, but the man would live to tell the tale of the evil Trantenite. Mike opened the door, to meet the guard who had been following him. He then quickly closed the door behind them. This one he also stabbed so that the man would live, but only just. He too, would tell the tale of the evil man from Tranten.
At the top of the tower, Mike loaded his crossbow. This crossbow was identicle to the Tranten models, but had special bolts. These bolt would deliver poison without killing the target. The poison is normally lethal, but when it gets stale begins to KO targets and remove their pulse, but not to kill them. The goal was that when authorities checked the bodies, they would think that "Zack" had tried to kill them, and had only failed by luck.
Mike yelled from the tower: "I am here from Tranten. We aim to kill you all!" People screamed, and panic ensued. Mike began to fire bolts at the noble-looking members of the crowd. After about 10 shots, almost all had fled the area he was firing into, but none had noted where the bolts were from. The area they fled to was also in his reach, just on a different side of the tower. As he was about to shift his aim, he noticed that two middle-class looking people were staring at him from his intial target area. One of them shouted so that only Mike could here him: "We are Rebels! We have no love for the Loyalists! Will you and your people aid our cause?"
In response, Mike fired at the speaker. His friend ran of in fear. Mike then began firing at the next target area, but after a few bolts, he saw guards aiming to fire at him, and realized that there were guards below attempting to get up to the top of the tower, despite Mike removing the ladder and jamming the trapdoor. Mike decided to flee, he had done his job and done it well. He lept off the building, then ran for the city wall, alternating between using the rooftops, back alleys, and streets. He lost his pursuers, but guards were forming up at the entrance to the city. Mike smiled grimly, then tossed his rope to the top of the wall. He scaled the wall quickly. The guards all at the entrance, and didn't spot him untill he was almost at the top. They began to shout, and just as Mike scaled the wall he felt bolts flying over him. He jumped of the wall, and ran to Mako's hiding spot.
Mako was there, covered in green paint. He looked like a new kind of spriggat, even to Mike.
"All went according to plan?" he inquired.
"And then some," Mike replied.
Mako loaded the small poison sac into his mouth. It was designed to stay sealed while in the mouth, but upon Mako's next Frost blast it would open and spray a toxic poison that would leave its victims KO'd for a few hours. Mike softly jumped on Mako's back, and Mako flew them up just in time to meet the mob of guards and civilians. Mike fired a bolt in front of their pursuers, who were holding the classic pitchforks and torches, with the exception of the sword weilding guards. Mike yelled "I am from Tranten, with my green spriggat Okam! We have come with these creatures to kill you all!"
As he finished saying this, Mako let out a giant frost breath that spread across the crowd. The last thing they saw before passing out was the two people flying away. Shortly after, they dismounted. Mako was exceptionally strong, even for a spriggat, but carrying humans even for a short distance was exhausting. The stunt with the poison sac had left him with an awful taste, that he cleaned with river water.
They returned to one of Mako's hideouts near the Psy acadamey, where they had left the parents. They rested up, then sent a message to ranien, reading "This was but this first incident of many. Bring us Zack and Annabeth, or they will continue."

OOC: They don't know that ranien sent the message, but they can tell the pigeon to return to the last person it saw.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Xemadus Echina

Rainen stood up and began to pace around.  It had been at least an hour since he had sent the gargoyle into the deeper portions of the cave.  Master, I have returned with that which you seek. Good.  Bring it to me and we may leave now.  The gargoyle dropped a blue sphere in Rainen's hand.  Instantly he began to feel the cool air of the caverns fade away.  So this is the power of the orb...  Rainen walked out of the cave and into the daylight.  It's time to go now.  You can easily fly me to where i need to go correct?  Yes, I only require a small amount of psy power to aid me in flight so I can maintain it for far longer then a spriggat.  Rainen summoned a large ball of fire and ignited the ship.  It exploded in a fury of splinters and charred lines I have no need for the ship then.  Rainen jumped onto the back of the gargoyle and they flew off towards the great forest.  After awhile they spotted a lone bird on the horizon.  Rainen reached out with his mind and sensed a familiar pattern of thoughts. That is a messenger pigeon.  The same one that was sent to Annabeth's house.  fly towards it and I will call it to us.   The gargoyle changed directions and when he got close enough,  he slowed down so that the pidgeon could land.  He spiraled in the air as he descended and Rainen hopped off, already with the message in his hands.  So, they didn't believe me the first time...  Rainen reached into the depths of his mind and pulled the memory of what happened when Zack and Annabeth dissapeared.  He imprinted it on the message with a few words that read "If you don't believe this then don't bother contacting me again.  I have no more time to waste on your efforts of finding Zack and Annabeth."  Rainen once again sent the pidgeon back to those that sent it and once again he rode the Gargoyle towards the Great forest.  Did your creator name you gargoyle?  No, he never named his creations.  From now on you will be known as Rayome.  Thank you master.  The gargoyle smiled for the first time in years and in his mind he said his name over and over again.

OOC: Alright so now for his stats.
Rayome
race: Ancient Gargoyle
Element: Dark/Ice
Bio: Rayome was created over a thousand years ago by an unknown immortal.  Who or what that Immortal was is a mystery even to Rayome.  He is larger then even the biggest of spriggats (Cerzak was about three times the size of a human right? Actually now that I think about it is there even a known size ratio?) and is a stone gray color.  He has a very high resistant to cyro and dark attacks and has the ability to use limited forms of both (very weak dark blast and a very weak ice breath.)  He is also able to use his claws and wings to aid him in the attack (claw and wing blast) Over all he is about as strong of a fighter as your above average spriggat.  Although he is able to fly at high speeds he has very low mobility and his eye sight and hearing are almost nonexistent (being in a dark silent cave for a thousand years does that to you :P)  He relies on vibrations and radiated heat to find his enemies as well as scanning with his own mind.
im writing a book!
You never know

Bromtaghon

OOC: This is starting to get very complicated, now that it's gone from Nationalists/Rebels to Nationalists/Rebels/Zack/Kayle, Reese and Caitlin with Rainen, Mike, Mako, Osrie and a teddy bear thrown in on the side.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Xemadus Echina

uhmm u didn't follow the story did you...  Kayle Reese and Caitlin are gone due to inactivity.  Zack is gone for a few months Mike and Mako are teamed up I think and then Osrie and the teddy bear are just one time characters so far.  The only current players are: Nationalists, Rebels, Rainen + Rayome and partially Seth, Mike + Mako.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zackirus

Zack clamoured through the dark shifting world. It was purple with black skies and ground. Annabeth was loosely running behind him. Around 50 meters behind them both was the shadow tossing shadow blasts at them. Zack ducked and yelled, "How do we get out of here!" "There is no escape." the shadow laughed. Zack keep running forward until he saw out of the corner of his eye a shadow blast coming right for him. He turned around and fired a light blast and when the two blasts meet, a white fissure cracked into the air itself. The fissure expanded rapidly and soon Zack's whole eyesight was white. He felt as though he was moving somewhere quickly. When he white cleared he noticed he was in some sort of closet. Annabeth was right behind him. "Do you even know what happened just now?" Annabeth asked. "No idea...." sighed Zack opening the door to find themselves in some sort of barn. They quickly exited the barn trying to avoid attention and walked around this small town. There might have only been 200 people in the town but all these guards were walking around waiting for a fight. He noticed a sign in front of the town that read "the small town of Arahien". Zack walked over to one of the larger buildings and took a seat on of the many chairs outside. Annabeth walked over to him and asked, "Do you think we can get home?". "If we can find a map" answered Zack trying to sound hopeful.

OOC: I'm back people!

The Different People belong to

Nationlists: Mako + Mike (Because they want to capture Zack for the Nationlists), Annabeth, Seth
Rebels: Kayle, Caitlin, and Reese (They are Rebels somewhat)
Mechianics: Osrie + Teddybear
Tratenites: Zack
None: Rainen + Rayome
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Xemadus Echina

welcome back zack.  I guess I'll jump the timeline ahead by about a month because I doubt you would get sucked into a vortex only to be released a day or two later..

IC:Rainen smiled and held the newest orb up to the sky.  He looked at the three other orbs that he and Rayome had collected over the past month. "This could have gone faster I think master."  "Don't worry Rayome.  The final piece of the puzzle is within our grasps...  I just wonder where that spirit went off to.  We lost a day waiting for him and another week searching for signs of him.  That run in with the camps really killed some time too...  I'm just glad they didn't follow us back to the Deeper Downs...  Who knew we would need the crimson orb first to get to the dark orb"=?"  Rainen starred at the sky for a moment then he closed his eyes and felt the power emanating from the four orbs So, fire in the desert connected to Ice in the lake.  White in the forest connected to Dark in the Deeper Downs...  Three more sets of Guardians, three sets of stead fast creations that had to die...  Too bad I couldn't bring them to my side as I did with Rayome...  Now then, the point that the lines meet are nearby an old city so there might be catacombs that hold the resting place of the element breaker.  Once I have the breaker I'll fuse it with flame-guard and then fuse the four elemental spheres into it.  I'll have to move quickly after that and kill the beast before it gets too much stronger.
im writing a book!
You never know

Zackirus

No I did escape the void after two days, however two things happened. First, time in the void is faster than the real world so Zack felt like he was in their are a month. Second when the two blasts hit it warped Zack and Annabeth back in time!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on August 15, 2010, 11:05:31 AM
welcome back zack.  I guess I'll jump the timeline ahead by about a month because I doubt you would get sucked into a vortex only to be released a day or two later..

IC:Rainen smiled and held the newest orb up to the sky.  He looked at the three other orbs that he and Rayome had collected over the past month. "This could have gone faster I think master."  "Don't worry Rayome.  The final piece of the puzzle is within our grasps...  I just wonder where that spirit went off to.  We lost a day waiting for him and another week searching for signs of him.  That run in with the camps really killed some time too...  I'm just glad they didn't follow us back to the Deeper Downs...  Who knew we would need the crimson orb first to get to the dark orb"=?"  Rainen starred at the sky for a moment then he closed his eyes and felt the power emanating from the four orbs So, fire in the desert connected to Ice in the lake.  White in the forest connected to Dark in the Deeper Downs...  Three more sets of Guardians, three sets of stead fast creations that had to die...  Too bad I couldn't bring them to my side as I did with Rayome...  Now then, the point that the lines meet are nearby an old city so there might be catacombs that hold the resting place of the element breaker.  Once I have the breaker I'll fuse it with flame-guard and then fuse the four elemental spheres into it.  I'll have to move quickly after that and kill the beast before it gets too much stronger.
Personally, I think it would take a month to find one orb, let alone four. Seriously, you're not giving the other characters enough orbs to find or find out that they had all along, so cool down on the orbs, will ya, you found four in one post, serious overkill Rainen, and I think we can all agree this time.

Steelfist

OOC: Yeah, agreed.

He had found the orb. He had found it; the green orb. And he had reached out and touched it.

He didn't know where he was now. There had been an implosion of energy, and suddenly he had been here. This void; just darkness, utter darkness. And a voice. Foolish human. You fell into this little trap so easily. I will drain you of power, and cast you outside of reality.
Seth had concealed a greater part of the power, so the voice probably didn't know the full extent of his power. He waited; with no reference, it could have been, seconds, hours, days, or even weeks, But it felt like only a few moments. A form coalesced. It was roughly eight metres tall, and two wide. Heavily muscled, with red skin. And, in the centre of it's horned head, there was an orb, like the eye of a Cyclops. Every colour, much like the one in the cavern underneath the Academy, it exuded menace. Mortal; your soul is mine. Steeling himself, he replied. "I. Am. Not. Mortal!" The figure laughed, and struck with a bolt of mental energy. Seth closed his eyes, and took the blow. He remained still for a second. Then opened his eyes. Impossible! You cannot –

Seth struck back, with enough force to devastate the city of Ravinale. The figure crumpled. Seth stepped forward and placed a hand on the orb. Power rushed in, but he turned it back as destructive force. You may have defeated my immortal vessel, but I shall be victorious. I underestimated you, but you, in turn, underestimated me. I have many who are in my service, willingly or otherwise. I shall escape to their body, regain power, and then I shall crush you. Then, I shall drain you of life, and with this power create a new vessel, and reign for time immemorial! With that, the orb shattered. Releasing power that entered Seth, cold and icy, boosting his powers.

With that, Seth woke up. The orb was gone; it had never been real, merely bait. He was still in the cave, and it was dark outside. He cast his mind out, and sensed the recent presence  of the one called Rainen. He also sensed a presence of powerful darkness. He turned, and looked his killer straight in the eye. And struck. With Cyro blast.

OOC: Seth has another element!

Xemadus Echina

alright i'll just take it one step at a time then.  But the four orbs are just elemental resistance orbs so that's nothing to major right?
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on August 15, 2010, 08:35:45 PM
alright i'll just take it one step at a time then.  But the four orbs are just elemental resistance orbs so that's nothing to major right?
That may be, but you already have the yellow orb, no?

Steelfist

Maybe if he details how he obtained them in full?

Xemadus Echina

Yea so?  The story is pretty much dead so I think it's about time we finish up with the plot line. I.E. killing the monster.  Also at any point in the story any one of you could have gotten an orb of any color.  Why should I not include them in MY part of the story if you don't feel like it?  Also I will explain in detail how I got each orb in my following posts.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

Quote from: rainen on August 15, 2010, 09:18:28 PM
Yea so?  The story is pretty much dead so I think it's about time we finish up with the plot line. I.E. killing the monster.  Also at any point in the story any one of you could have gotten an orb of any color.  Why should I not include them in MY part of the story if you don't feel like it?  Also I will explain in detail how I got each orb in my following posts.
I see you are frustrated for some reason, as you are giving many, many reasons on whatever you are answering, with many things pointing towards the rest of us. Please explain more clearly in a PM perhaps, is this because of the previous agruements? Plus, the plotline of the Nation of Hubras game isn't about killing some monster, it's about the Rebel-Nationalist conflict.