News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

AI brings unwanted difficulty increase?

Started by MikeW781, June 13, 2010, 07:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the new AI make the game harder?

Yes, and we should get something to make up for it
Yes, but its fun
Yes, but I don't care either way
No

MikeW781

With the games new AI, TsoG has undergone a serious difficulty increase. This makes fighting Azma insanely hard, especially on Brutal, where I was unable to complete it without loosing 2-3 teammates. Also, it makes grinding afterwords more necessary than before. My purpose for making this thread was to see if anything should be done about it, lke say, increasing initial character health and Psp, giving everybody 1 more move in the start, etc.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

GOD

I think that the Azma battle should be made easier, and thats it. That way, you can level to make up for it later.

MikeW781

Good idea with nerfing Azma, but i would add something for later in the game. Grinding is only fun for so long....

MikeW781

Well, many of the bugs have been cleared up, and the aggresive, backstab happy, healer targeting AI is a deadly improvement over the predicable old "Kill>Backstab>Already Hurt>Attack" priority system.

CraigStern

I wanted to see what you guys thought about this, actually. There are a couple of things I've been considering in light of the improved AI:

1) Making the AI scale with increasing game difficulty (so it doesn't consider certain factors below Hard, for instance).
2) Reducing enemy stats to make up for their increased intelligence.

MikeW781

Quote from: CraigStern on June 13, 2010, 12:44:33 PM
I wanted to see what you guys thought about this, actually. There are a couple of things I've been considering in light of the improved AI:

1) Making the AI scale with increasing game difficulty (so it doesn't consider certain factors below Hard, for instance).
2) Reducing enemy stats to make up for their increased intelligence.
YAY- my topic is important  :P
But in truth, i agree most with #2. I liked the game difficulty before, where my options for sucess were grinding, strategy, or both. Now sucess only comes with both, which is really annoying in the first battle where you are unable to grind. I would recommend reducing enemy stats, maybe to be one level down. For example, the current Easy stats would be the Normal Stats, the current Normal stats would be the current Hard stats, etc. This also gives you a good opportunity-you can make a mode with the greatest possible AI, and the highest possible enemy stats that would leave the Azma battle beatable. Maybe "Impossible" mode :)

Dorgon 5000

More challange is fun. I use to play multiplayer battles, so i´m used to smart opponents.

SmartyPants

Quote from: GOD on June 13, 2010, 08:03:06 AM
I think that the Azma battle should be made easier, and thats it. That way, you can level to make up for it later.
If Azma is too difficult, then you could talk your way past.

Bromtaghon

You can only do that if you have enough Aptitude, which you can't train until after the battle.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

KZ

Quote from: Bromtaghon on June 21, 2010, 03:41:15 PM
You can only do that if you have enough Aptitude, which you can't train until after the battle.
Unless you have high aptitude from the beginning, which I always do ( I haven't fought the azma battle in ages!). And this can be gleamed from the TSoG walkthrough threads in the initial recommened character stats section.

Perosnally, I'd rather see the enemy stats as they are, but rather have, as been implemented, the increase in AI difficulty and maybe dropping a couple of ghosts in the final battle to make it more manageable.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Cceellssoo

The game is harder, indeed, but I believe the new "choose who goes first" function makes up for it nicely

MikeW781

Quote from: KZ on June 24, 2010, 06:54:12 PM
Perosnally, I'd rather see the enemy stats as they are, but rather have, as been implemented, the increase in AI difficulty and maybe dropping a couple of ghosts in the final battle to make it more manageable.
Final? Or first?
I've only tried once, but when i started this thread fighting the Azma battle on Brutal was near impossible. I think that battle should be taken down a little bit.....

Bromtaghon

He means the final first battle, i.e. the one with Azma himself.
I don't really find it that much more difficult seeing as I've always thought one step ahead, only to have the AI do something stupid and ruin my plans.  It can ocasionally provide a challenge but not much.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.