News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Enemies

Started by laserpants13, February 08, 2010, 03:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laserpants13

I think a spriggat set (already in tprpg2) would really round out the map editor nicely, and would add more diversity to the psy enemies. They could just be copied from tprpg2 (stats here are taken from the game).

Red Spriggat

Health: 38
Speed: 3
Attacks: Fire Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 10)
Resistance: Heat

White Spriggat:

Health: 60
Attacks: Frost Breath (Range: 1-2, Damage: 9), Big Shield (Range: Square (including self), Healing: 24)
Resistance: Cold

Dark Spriggat:

Health: 75
Attacks: Dark Breath (Range: 1-3, Damage: 15)
Resistance: Shadow

KZ

If you look at the map editor, the spriggats are in there already. 
The formulated enemies ideas therad is for those proposals that were extensively discussed and generally agreed upon in the "new enemy ideas" thread.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

As KZ said, the spriggans are all ready implemented as enemies in the game, they likely have something to do with a quest yet undeveloped.

hellboy222

yeah or they're your allies or try to get them as allies then you have to chose between spriggats and shadowlings I think that would be pretty cool

Zhampir

I was expecting something more like uniting the spriggats and shadowlings against the tyranny of the Cult. Of course there will all ways be feuding shadowlings and spriggats, which you will have to deal with.

hellboy222

yeah than have the alliance between them break and you have to fix it or something.

KZ

Well, I can tell you that from the development of TPA2 and what Craig told us on previous forums before, there will be a Red Spriggat teammate (for which, as I understand, specifially the Fire Breath 2 attack was developed). Hence, we'll see Spriggats in action. And, let's not forget that Somnus will be available, and giving how the history of the Shadowlands unfolded, there bound ot be some spriggat NPCs in it, in order to reflect the changes that occured.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

cool do you have an idea as to how many teammates there are going to be?

laserpants13

Quote from: KZ on February 08, 2010, 05:18:01 PM
If you look at the map editor, the spriggats are in there already. 
The formulated enemies ideas therad is for those proposals that were extensively discussed and generally agreed upon in the "new enemy ideas" thread.

apologies there, meant to post that in the other thread. And that's odd, because I guess I just never noticed the spriggat page in the map editor until today. I'll go spend some time removing my foot from my mouth now...

KZ

Don't worry, everyone misses something or other, myself included. ;)

The map editor practically has every enemy from TRPG2, apart from the Bug Queen and the Psy Academy set, along with Nelis and Tastidian. Hopefully, one day that will be added on.

From what CraigStern said, hellboy222, there will be fewer teammates than in TRPG2, but their character will be developed in greater depth. For now, two more are expected in form of a Spearman and a Red Spriggat, and there is also a possibility for a Gelf to become a teammate- that will depend on whether CraigStern likes and adds the side-quest LethalLaurie and I developed over the last year or so (it's still not quite completed, but we're well on our way).
Welcome to the forums!

hellboy222

yeah I like the fact that the characters are more in depth, especially since then you can do stuff like the rahel I like em vulnerable thing I laughed when I read it.

torugo

the spigurats arent the enemy of humans the only reason they fought you in the last game was becaused you were enslaved. the shadow war is over now and they dont have a lot of reason to fight
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Spriggats can be like shadowlings and humans.  They can all fight one another over religious, political, and financial reasons.  The Hero can be caught in the middle one of these conflicts and need to fight spriggats.

torugo

health: 35
speed: 3
atack:pyro blast pyro hail pyro protect
counter:burn if pyro protect is used
cutlists that have a good grasp of pyrokinetic abilitys
like fernatis but not as high and mighty so there not as strong
common versions of fernatis
mock the pheonix you will burn

Frosty

They have the "New enemy ideas" post for a reason.
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?