News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Which species do you like better?

Started by Duskling, June 22, 2010, 12:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which species do you like better?

Shadowling
Spriggat

algebra15

This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

KZ

Indeed, it was quite amusing having Aristotle on your team in TPA2 :)

I personally like both well enough, though the Shadowlings are presented in much greater depth in TRPG2. There are a couple of quite enderaing Shadolwing characters, so it's not that hard to connect with them, even if there are a few issues with the way the Shadowlands Empire was run.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Dorgon 5000

Well... I hope we will learn more about spriggat culture in SoG.

meh

Shadowlings.  They have way more personality and they kick way more butt than the spriggats.

bugfartboy

Shadowlings are interesting and useful, but sprights are more widespread in their elemental affinities. They don't have the style of shadowlings, but they are about just as good. I like them both but I'm leaning towards shadowlings.

SmartyPants

I think the breath attacks are cooler, then anything shadowlings can do. (I don't count shockwave or fire gate.)

bugfartboy

When I see a Spriggat I instantly think:
QuoteOMG!!! ITS A DRAGON!!!!

But when I see a Shadowling I instanly think:
QuoteOMFG!!! ITS A COOL FLOATY THING

MikeW781

Shadowlings. They would have won the wars without the Main, and the best Shadowlings (Tastidian/Nelis) are stronger and cooler than the strongest spriggat (Cerzak)
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

The Holy namelesskitty

Shadowlings are awesome, if only for the fact that their plumes constitute every part of their body that is not their head.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

mezzoforte

Shadowlings:

They're faster.

Their primary attack is mental, to which there is no resistance (or at least it's very rare).  Spriggats can't perform mental attacks.

Because their only affinity and resistance is Shadow, they can't quite turn on each other, like the different spriggats could.

Spriggat attacks are all elemental, to which anyone can gain resistance from an elemental shield.

Ertxiem

Spriggats, with roasted potatoes (mmm... delicious).
Err... wait... isn't this what you're talking about?
Sorry... :P

I prefer Spriggats. They have (at least apparently) more variety.

And mezzoforte, Red Spriggats have mind blast and Frost Spriggats too.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Duskling

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

You all are missing the point!!! (Oooo. Spriggats and roasted potatoes? Yumm.)
The point is [spoiler] Why didn't anyone offer to share with me?!? [spoiler] Shadowlings rock and Spriggats are kinda lame... :( [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Tastidian

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 26, 2010, 06:12:09 AM
You all are missing the point!!! (Oooo. Spriggats and roasted potatoes? Yumm.)
The point is [spoiler] Why didn't anyone offer to share with me?!? [spoiler] Shadowlings rock and Spriggats are kinda lame... :( [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
That could change in a matter of time.