News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TRPG4

Started by Bromtaghon, June 22, 2010, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather see TRPG4 or a remake of one of the previous games?

TRPG4
Remake of TRPG1
Remake of TRPG2
Alternate plotline sequel to TRPG2 (see below)

Bromtaghon

Quote from: Steelfist on July 02, 2010, 11:52:25 AM
Hmm, I say that he should make a sequel to TRPG 2.
Do you mean a remake?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

No, a sequel. TSOG is unrelated, and I believe that there is still some future in the TRPG 'series'.

KZ

Well, given that TSoG happens significantly after TRPG2, we'll more or less know what historically happened after TRPG2, so would a sequel really work?
I do think it would be nice to continue expanding the Telepath universe- I think it has still a lot to offer. I remember suggesting that, for instance, since all the telepath chapters touch upon somre "controversial" topics, like chpater 2 on types of government and TSoG on religion and government, I thought that there is space for, let's say, environment via Gelves, or something like that.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steelfist

Perhaps you could play as a Gelf?

Bromtaghon

That would be interesting- who says the main has to be human?
It would have a much different strategy, instead of being a potential powerhouse, he'd be someone who runs away and summons allies.
How about a game with a girl as a main? That would be fair just to even it out seeing as we've had 1.5 male mains and 0.5 girls.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Zhampir

What about starwars. They went forwards and backwards through time in creating their stories all the time. (KOTOR? and other similar appearances?)

Also Mechquest= Pre-Dragonfable= Pre-Battleon
though they were made as Battleon > Dragonfable > Mechquest.
There are tons of games with prequels and such.

I think there's room for a game or two. Actually, two spin off games, one for each of the choices. TSOG appears so far in the future that it doesn't matter what happened in TRPG2. History repeats itself, the repeated rise and fall of heroes and Tyrants stains our own history.

KZ

Well, I think there is certainly room enough to have the protagonist of a non-human race- I did once suggest of having a Shadowling as the protagonist in a mini-game.

In any case, there is still lots to draw from and surely the map can be expanded in all 4 directions as well? ;)

As long as Craig has the creativity, the time and the desire to share his opinions with us,methinks  we might be seeing more of the Telepath universe in the future.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

I would like to see an alternate timeline of the events after TRPG 2. I think that if Craig did the same characters execpt in the alternate timeline it would be great. Even more, he could have one of the missions in TSoG to travel to the alternate timeline (with the help of Maglinus of course)!
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

Hah, there is certainly no doubt about having more possibilities.

Craig has wonderfully created an entire functioning world. Besides all the lands yet uncovered, this world has history as well. And a future. There are many more stories yet to tell. The question is if there is the time to tell them.

Dorgon 5000

Well... I have an idea. What about the possibility to choose race? In that case, humans, spriggats and shadowlings would be natural, but races like shadow bugs, wood-folks and scorpions could also be intresting. That means the world is still the same (some areas might be exclusive for one race, but it´s still the same) but characters will treat you differently depending on race. What do you think, folks?

KZ

I think choosing a race would effectively making as many games as there will be playable races- it might be inetersting to have: TRPG-H; TRPG-G; TRPG-S, etc where you have Telepath RPG- Human; Telepath RPG- Gelf and so on. But really, race selection will only quadruple, if not quintiple the amount of work Craig has to do.
Welcome to the forums!

Steelfist

Of course, there has been suggestions for making it themed off one of the forum game RPs. In that case, the basic background of Apocalyptic might be suitable. In any case, it might be a good idea to join!

Tastidian

Lets just hope it continues for ever even long after we are all dead. By then we would all know and enjoy the game by Craig's great great granddaughter or grandson. 

bugfartboy

Bugfartboy thinks a prequel would be nice. He's interested In pre-shadowwar history.

Dayn

Quote from: rainen on June 23, 2010, 11:56:51 AM
its been too soon to remake TRPG2.  Its got the same basic look as TSoG.  If you're gonna remake a game remake TRPG1.  Maybe a slightly different plot line, longer game you know that kind of stuff.  I loved the ninja mission though where you sneaked around the camp avoiding the shadowlings :P
That was kind of the only good thing...