News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TRPG4

Started by Bromtaghon, June 22, 2010, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather see TRPG4 or a remake of one of the previous games?

TRPG4
Remake of TRPG1
Remake of TRPG2
Alternate plotline sequel to TRPG2 (see below)

Bromtaghon

I know TSoG probably won't be finished for a while, but when it is, would you rather see a remake of one of the first two Telepath Games or a new, fourth game? Or, a sequel to TRPG2 where the main sided with Tastidian and the Shadowlings?

I'd like a remake of the second game due to all the new features (more orbs, better AI, more attacks, overall better everything.)

Random suggestion by Duskling: make a game about the plot of the RP Nation of Hubras. Opinions on that?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

I'd like a remade TRPG2, it was fun by itself anyway, but I'd love to see it updated.

Xemadus Echina

its been too soon to remake TRPG2.  Its got the same basic look as TSoG.  If you're gonna remake a game remake TRPG1.  Maybe a slightly different plot line, longer game you know that kind of stuff.  I loved the ninja mission though where you sneaked around the camp avoiding the shadowlings :P
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Bromtaghon

Well, the problem with remaking TRPG1 was that there was only one mission.  Thus to make it a good length, you would need either more missions, and I'm not sure how much more you can stuff into 'saving David', or a heck of a lot of sidequests.

What about a prequel to TRPG1?

Xemadus Echina

saving david could be the last mission and the game starts off with the hero as a red cape.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Bromtaghon

Maybe the game can start with him graduating to Blue Cape? Since Red Capes are only taught theory... And maybe Piter could be a teammate?

Quote from: rainen on June 23, 2010, 11:56:51 AM
It's been too soon to remake TRPG2.

By the time TSoG is done, hopefully not! (Not that I'm hoping it'll take a long time, actually, I am since I won't be able to buy it, but that's beside the point, it'll probably have a few more missions, at least hopefully).  Besides, I like the storyline and the Malignus feature.

KZ

TRPG4 project has been mentioned before, and re-doing TRPG2 and TRPG1, it seems a lot will depend on how well TSoG does, and then Craig will decide where to develop after that, I suspect.
In any case, having a prequel to TRPG1 seems like a neat little addendum, but I doubt that will come to fruition any time soon (even after TSoG) as it seems like that little extra for hard-core fans, rather than something that may have universal appeal like TSoG (methinks that will have to wait until the time when Telepath series gains larger recognition).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

Maybe you can make the Nation of Hubras game into the next TRPG?

Bromtaghon

That'd be interesting, if of course the RP doesn't die.  That would fall under TRPG4.

KZ

Myself,  I am not really keen on non-canon stuff, especially a forums-game getting into TRPG4. I'd rather see individual fan efforts of great creativity (eg Barzul's couple of missions) get in, if they're of very high quality, whilst things like forum games can be quite uneven.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

I think I've mentioned this before, but I think what would be a good idea is to continue on from the two choices in TRPG2 to side with Tastidian or go against him. The starting should be a little intro then you get to choose either to attack the academy or the shadowlings. Then they battle against who ever they choose. But the hero will have enough power to easily take out either side. Then continue on from that. I don't think it would be a good choice to just continue  on with the war or just make tasks depending on which side they are on. The hero after defeating either side should suddenly get hit with a powerful attack from a foe and have amnesia. That might tie it up with TSoG if you think about it (not that hard to think about).

Dorgon 5000

I voted for TRPG4, but a prequel to chapter 1 also seems intresting. It would be cool to see more of thier everyday lives instead of a lot of running and fighting. But I defenatly want TRPG4 without it takes like five years.

SmartyPants

I think the next project should be something new like Telepath Adventure: Shadowling Assassin.

I still think he should stick with the Telepth franchise.

Bromtaghon

I agree, I would like to see Shadowling Assassin as a real game.  This poll is about the fourth Telepath RPG game, though- what are your thoughts on that?

Steelfist

Hmm, I say that he should make a sequel to TRPG 2.