News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New active members?

Started by Duskling, June 17, 2010, 01:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Anyone noticed that we aren't getting anyone new that participates in the forums much?

FlyingFinn

Yap, but there is surely some people who read forums, though they don´t reply because they won´t bother to do that, they don´t have much to say or they don´t have proper language skill...

And there are always a couple of quests at forums, i believe that some of them visit here regularly.
Grammar! >_<

Duskling

Quote from: FlyingFinn on June 17, 2010, 05:24:14 AM
Yap, but there is surely some people who read forums, though they don´t reply because they won´t bother to do that, they don´t have much to say or they don´t have proper language skill...
So then, what's the point of making an account on these forums if you're going to do what you did as a Guest?

The Holy namelesskitty

what about me, I am both new, and posting in the forums.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Bromtaghon

Duskling is a big bad meanie.  Don't let the evil Duskie Poo hurt your feelings namelesskitty.

No, I'm just kidding.  He wrote that before you joined- check the date on canned vegetables- er, I mean posts- before you add your own thoughts about why someone ignored you.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

The Holy namelesskitty

Actually I just replied because I felt like it. Thanks for reminding me though.

FlyingFinn

Quote from: Duskling on June 17, 2010, 07:43:06 PM
So then, what's the point of making an account on these forums if you're going to do what you did as a Guest?
No idea :D
Grammar! >_<

The Holy namelesskitty

Quote from: FlyingFinn on June 27, 2010, 11:19:12 AM
Quote from: Duskling on June 17, 2010, 07:43:06 PM
No idea :D
For the PMs duh

Duskling

PMs about what? If you don't post at all, you won't be known enough to get any PMs. Unless you mean sending PMs?

KZ

Quote from: Duskling on June 17, 2010, 01:10:55 AM
Anyone noticed that we aren't getting anyone new that participates in the forums much?

That's seasonal, Duskling. Folks come and go, some remain for longer, some not. But generally there have been around 3-10 active users who have been constructively contributing to the forums discussion at any given time. It's not something one needs to worry about too much, methinks.

Those who do register, but lurk, may always come out of hiding one day- after all, not all have desire to participate- many like to simply observe, or others are just afraid of not being taken to. (Here is a great example of lurker turned active- Ertxiem was with us since 07, I believe, but only started posting actively in 09 or very late 08, if memory serves me right.)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

.:Light-God:.

Well I Used to be new TT_TT

Steelfist

I am generally an active poster, although, as I have previously stated, I occasionally deplete my 'social capacity', so you don't hear from me for a while. Then I come back, and the cycle repeats itself.

Bromtaghon

@.:Light-God:. We all used to.  Even KZ, believe it or not...

We have about 9.25 people online every day, and we have around one person joining every day.

But rarely do they post, and even more rarely frequently.  (That sounds weird...)
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Steelfist

It does sound weird. Still, I think that 9.25 posts sounds weirder. I can understand that it's an average, but it really should be rounded.

KZ

Quote from: .:Light-God:. on June 28, 2010, 08:14:53 AM
Well I Used to be new TT_TT
All relative, isn't it? To me, most of you are still so very new... :P

But yeah, this does remind me about my first post, and the first walkthrough I posted, ah the good old times...
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!