The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Poll

After Mission 4, which personality do you perfer?

Luca
- 8 (32%)
Luca'ra'il
- 6 (24%)
I don't know what you are talking about (didn't Pre-Order)
- 11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Luca or Luca'ra'il? (Locked)  (Read 4927 times)

Deagonx

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile
Re: Luca or Luca'ra'il?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »

Wouldnt she turn into a Jinn if she was convinced her name was something it wasnt?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »

Ah! That has been discussed before. I personally think that Names focus the spirit, determining their character. Keeps their hold on things. How they view their name, is how they act. If that makes any sense.

Deagonx

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 10:26:53 PM »

I guess that makes sense. I mean, all a name really is is something your parents give you. If you see fit to not use that name what does it matter? Using my logic Rahel would most definitely become a Jinn :P
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

SmartyPants

• White Cape
    • View Profile
    • -----
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »

Could/Should the "I don't know what you are talking about (didn't Pre-Order)" option be removed from the poll?

Idozen Cair

• Blue Cape
  • Formally known as the Grotesquery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »

No, why should it?
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

• White Cape
    • View Profile
    • -----
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »

Wouldnt she turn into a Jinn if she was convinced her name was something it wasnt?
Ah! That has been discussed before. I personally think that Names focus the spirit, determining their character. Keeps their hold on things. How they view their name, is how they act. If that makes any sense.
I think a spirit needs to a name to hold on to a sense of humanity.  Even if the name and personality of the spirit changes, the spirit won't turn into the animalist Jinn who is run by instinct.

No, why should it?
Because it is a useless voting choice.  If you didn't prepay, then you shouldn't vote.

Idozen Cair

• Blue Cape
  • Formally known as the Grotesquery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

I think a spirit needs to a name to hold on to a sense of humanity.  Even if the name and personality of the spirit changes, the spirit won't turn into the animalist Jinn who is run by instinct.

No, why should it?
Because it is a useless voting choice.  If you didn't prepay, then you shouldn't vote.
Then why even bother changing the options? It doesn't have a negative nor positive effect on the poll.
About the Jinn thing, yes, I agree with you, Smart. It is mentioned in the game that a spirit only becomes a Jinn when she/he forgets her/his name. Since Luca only transfers from one name+personality to another, she will not become a Jinn. She still retains a name, anchoring her to a sense of humanity.
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

• Black Cape
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »

Well, I think it's clear that Luca is the personality or aspect of the spirit's character that is retained by your choice to let the poor mob quake in fear in peace; Luca'ra'il is the aspect brought out by a decision to unleash the fury of an angel of Yawah on the crowd.

Whether I have seen Luca'ra'il or not, I know I like Luca better.
Pages: 1 [2]