News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TSoG Cheat Determination

Started by KZ, February 09, 2010, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

Steelfist, why don't you post what you tried?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Steelfist

Just the generic- the only one I can remember trying now is fast learner, but I was considering whether or not Sage is a synonym for scholar, and If so, how to incorporate it (Do the names have to be 11 letters long? I wasn't sure).

Ertxiem

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Bromtaghon

Wisestudent- no luck.

Does capitalization matter?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Barzul

Yes. You capitalize for the next word. Like that would have been WiseStudent.

.:Light-God:.

KZ

The major key for now is that the second word is a synonym for scholar, so maybe folks let's try again and finally get this (final?) cheat out of the way? After all, we managed to crack all the others pretty fast, only this one has been avoiding us for now!

Craig, maybe you'll give us another hint- ie is it more in style with Untouchable/Charismatic rather than MrMoneyBags or RollingInIt?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

All the synonyms I can think of academic, augur, bookish person, bookworm, brain*, critic, disciple, doctor, egghead, gnome, grind*, intellectual, learned person, learner, litterateur, person of letters, philosopher, professor, pupil, sage, savant, schoolchild, scientist, student, teacher, tool, wise person,philosopher, savant, pundit, authority, sage, professor, academic, teacher, doctor, litterateur, learned person; see also critic 2, intellectual, scientist.
Scholars include: editor, textual critic, lexicographer, historian, biographer, bibliographer, comparativist, linguist, philologist, semanticist, paleographer, historiographer, archaeologist, demographer, geographer, geopolitician, political scientist, sociologist, philosopher, folklorist, anthropologist, economist, ethnologist, cartographer, classicist, humanist, behaviorist, dialectologist, rhetorician, grammarian, etymologist, musicologist, literary historian, theologian, orientalist.

Some are probably repeating. I found a lot over google search.

Steelfist

I wonder what makes the cheat so elusive?

I hope Craig gives us another clue!

Xemadus Echina

I'll bet it uses a word from another language.  Maybe latin or something.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Tastidian

Quote from: rainen on July 05, 2010, 06:54:40 PM
I'll bet it uses a word from another language.  Maybe latin or something.

I happen to be interested in Latin and am currently learning it over the summer.

I believe a scholar is philologus in Latin. Latin is a zombie language.

[spoiler]Latin is considered a dead language yet some people know it and even speak it.[/spoiler]

KZ

Craig said that the words will all be in English, rainen.
In any case, good to see more effort put in, let's see if we can finally overcome this last cheat hurdle!

Thanks for compiling a synoynms list, Tastidian! Have you tried testing it yet?

Maybe we should also try to make a short list of 2, 3, 4, 5 letter words which would go with scholar?
(e.g. great, etc)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Xemadus Echina

my school teaches latin.  Some of the students are even able to converse with each other by speaking only latin.  We're also taught the roots of most words which are usually latin or greek.  Mostly latin though.  Looks to me like latin might end up making a comeback ;)  but maybe using latin to compile "fake" words would be something that Craig did? yea I doubt it too but i just had to throw that out there :P
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Tastidian

Quote from: KZ on July 06, 2010, 05:20:40 PM
Craig said that the words will all be in English, rainen.
In any case, good to see more effort put in, let's see if we can finally overcome this last cheat hurdle!

Thanks for compiling a synoynms list, Tastidian! Have you tried testing it yet?

Maybe we should also try to make a short list of 2, 3, 4, 5 letter words which would go with scholar?
(e.g. great, etc)

Nope can't say that I have. But i'll try the ones most likely.

algebra15

I took Tastidian's post and took out all of the ones 11 letters or more, and most of the ones that are irrelevant, and the repeats.

[spoiler=second words]academic, augur, bookworm, brain, critic, disciple, doctor, egghead, learner, professor, sage, savant, scientist, student, tool, pundit, authority, academic, teacher, historian, biographer, linguist, geographer, classicist, grammarian.[/spoiler]

And then there's a list of synonyms for "smart."

[spoiler=first words]acute, adept, agile, alert, apt, astute, bold, brainy, bright, brisk, canny, clever, crafty, fresh, genius, good, keen, knowing, nervy, nimble, pert, quick, ready, sassy, sharp, shrewd, skull, slick, whiz, wise[/spoiler]

As with the second words, I took out all the words over length 7 (7 because the shortest of words in the top words is 4 long). Then I went back to the second words, and shortened the max length to 8, as the shortest in the first words is 3.

[spoiler=second words - revised]augur, brain, critic, doctor, egghead, learner, savant, student, teacher, tool, pundit, sage.[/spoiler]

And finally, I used a Flash program to put them all together.

[spoiler=LONG LIST]AptBookworm, AptDisciple, AptAcademic, BoldEgghead, BoldLearner, BoldStudent, BoldTeacher, GoodEgghead, GoodLearner, GoodStudent, GoodTeacher, KeenEgghead, KeenLearner, KeenStudent, KeenTeacher, PertEgghead, PertLearner, PertStudent, PertTeacher, WhizEgghead, WhizLearner, WhizStudent, WhizTeacher, WiseEgghead, WiseLearner, WiseStudent, WiseTeacher, AcuteSavant, AcutePundit, AcuteDoctor, AcuteCritic, AdeptSavant, AdeptPundit, AdeptDoctor, AdeptCritic, AgileSavant, AgilePundit, AgileDoctor, AgileCritic, AlertSavant, AlertPundit, AlertDoctor, AlertCritic, BriskSavant, BriskPundit, BriskDoctor, BriskCritic, CannySavant, CannyPundit, CannyDoctor, CannyCritic, FreshSavant, FreshPundit, FreshDoctor, FreshCritic, BrainSavant, BrainPundit, BrainDoctor, BrainCritic, NervySavant, NervyPundit, NervyDoctor, NervyCritic, QuickSavant, QuickPundit, QuickDoctor, QuickCritic, ReadySavant, ReadyPundit, ReadyDoctor, ReadyCritic, SassySavant, SassyPundit, SassyDoctor, SassyCritic, SharpSavant, SharpPundit, SharpDoctor, SharpCritic, SkullSavant, SkullPundit, SkullDoctor, SkullCritic, SlickSavant, SlickPundit, SlickDoctor, SlickCritic, AstuteAugur, AstuteBrain, BrainyAugur, BrainyBrain, BrightAugur, BrightBrain, CleverAugur, CleverBrain, CraftyAugur, CraftyBrain, GeniusAugur, GeniusBrain, NimbleAugur, NimbleBrain, ShrewdAugur, ShrewdBrain, KnowingSage, KnowingTool.[/spoiler]

Happy testing!

Or maybe I'll test them all and get back to you... but if you (whomever  reads this) would like to find it first, then you'd probably get it done faster.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!