News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Crypt 3 vs. Mission 4

Started by Duskling, July 02, 2010, 10:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you want completed?

Crypt 3
5 (29.4%)
Mission 4
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Duskling

Would you like CraigStern to finish Mission 4, or complete Crypt 3?

Bromtaghon

Crypt 3, though completely out of selfishness- I'm not going to buy the game, so I'd rather test it for as long as possible and have the third crypt come out rather than advance the progression of the game.  Because I'm mean.

But seriously, Crypt 3 would probably introduce a new orb, and more puzzles, which add fun-ness to the games, whereas the missions are comprised mostly of battling.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

Duskling

Hmm... that be true, plus I'd like to test out the game for as long as we can, too, as I' am not an administrator on my PC, and I don't have the $ to buy the game.

MikeW781

Mission 4- I want rahel back so that i can get trueshaft!
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Steelfist

I would love to see either - any progression is good progression, in my view.

MikeW781

I think Duskling may have the suspicion that Craig is all but done updating the downloadable/browswer demos, and is just about ready for us to have to pay to play.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

To be honest, I'd rather see the crypts more spread out throughout the game- having crypt 3 in the game already would seem to be indictaive of this game being pretty short, whilst having a couple of extra missions added in before crypt 3 would surely be seen as a good sign of TSoG going for those 12-14 missions Craig mentioned very early on in the development stage.

In any case, I like the crypts and they are great fun, but I would like to see the story progress somewhat more (after all, in the last year and a half, what with the TPA2 coming out and upgrading of the TSoG design, we only had one mission more or less finished).
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Duskling

Quote from: mikew781 on July 03, 2010, 10:03:36 AM
I think Duskling may have the suspicion that Craig is all but done updating the downloadable/browser demos, and is just about ready for us to have to pay to play.
That is an incorrect assumption, while I would rather not have to pay, at this point it seems that there is no way to stop it. Also, CraigStern's updates to the browser demo will have to come to an end, and I'm willing to accept that... while I would much rather the game be like TRPG 2.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Duskling on July 03, 2010, 02:29:53 PM
I think Duskling may have the suspicion that Craig is all but done updating the downloadable/browser demos, and is just about ready for us to have to pay to play.
That is an incorrect assumption, while I would rather not have to pay, at this point it seems that there is no way to stop it. Also, CraigStern's updates to the browser demo will have to come to an end, and I'm willing to accept that... while I would much rather the game be like TRPG 2.

Umm. I'm sure it won't be.

Duskling

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 12, 2010, 12:25:51 AM

Thank you bugfartboy, but I'm pretty sure that everyone knows by this point. Are you sure that post was not just to improve your post count? I frown upon such things. Of course, I did such things, but I have seen the error of my ways, and I strongly suggest that you do too.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 12, 2010, 12:25:51 AM

If you are only posting to increase your post count then go waist your time on the Forum Games like everyone else.

bugfartboy

Why does everyone always assume I'm out to up my post count? I just like things to be complete, and in this thread, it wasn't.

Ertxiem

Back on topic (hint, hint ;) ), I would prefer to see mission 4 completed. I agree with KZ's arguments.

Perhaps in the final game the crypts will not be available so soon. It's easy to make up some excuse for the librarian to go away (or simply she's not there) and only (re)appear after we completed some specific mission.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Zackirus

Or simply the Guards find what you're doing and stop you at the source until you go to trial and help her get out of court, A.K.A: The Trail Scene! (propably not though)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

I would like the crypts better. That way the demo will last longer.