News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Hero Name Change

Started by Tastidian, July 05, 2010, 11:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should you be able to change the name of the hero?

Hell Yes!
Yes
Maybe
Hell No!
No

Tastidian

I think a good feature to add is the ability to change the name of the hero at any given time. Especially with the cheats thing. But I also wanted to know who would agree with me or not so start voting.

Zhampir

No. as of right now that's how cheats are implemented. That way you can identify who the cheaters are. Personally I think the name should be permanent throughout that game.

Duskling

Also, if you could change your name, you could enter multiple cheats, not giving the AI a chance at defeating youu.

Cypher

Tastidian

WHAT IF YOU COULD MAKE SO YOU CAN ONLY ENTER ONE CHEAT. Ops sorry about the caps didn't realize they where on. Also I just thought of this because I played the game to the point where my stats became nearly100 each. But I put in a name I wanted to change.

KZ

Quote from: Tastidian on July 05, 2010, 11:01:55 PM
I think a good feature to add is the ability to change the name of the hero at any given time. Especially with the cheats thing. But I also wanted to know who would agree with me or not so start voting.
I already suggested this on the old forum. To place this in-game, the idea is that the Hero would might want to have a new, fake identity, so that there is even less chance he will be recognised. Now, one way of doing it is, say, Arman knows someone who can create fake ids, and for the right amount of cash, the person can give Duvalier a new name. Simple and effective, and quite true, since Duvalier is probably a well known name, and having a new identity, especially if you're on the run, and are planning to hang around, it almost a must.

I do believe this got Craig's attention at one point, and, if I remember correctly, his answer was along the lines of "we'll see".
I'm definitely for this.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

Hey that was a great idea on how to put in the name change feature. It should be expensive though around 2500 gold.

MikeW781

and it shouldn't work if you have cheats on. How will this be implemented story-line wise?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Tastidian

As KZ said he will be on the run so he needs a new identity but I think he needs the ID to get into something you know covert operations. 

MikeW781

no- the not working with cheats part
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Tastidian

Well I guess just take out the pogram that does that for the change name thing.

Zackirus

I personally don't see it as a big deal. If someone wants to cheat that badly to become that powered up then it is fine by me. Although the aspect of changing your name might be more complicated then getting a fake I.D. as most main characters would still call you by your first name.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

and if Craig is going to do as much voice acting as I imagined, it would make it quite difficult to make the game immersible (if no longer went with "Duvalier")

Tastidian

You know for those who cheat and I know this kind of destroys the point of cheating. It should be harder like the AI is stuck on brutal plus increased stats.

Bromtaghon

I'd like it but it's impossible for one reason: voice acting.
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.