News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Who Survives?

Started by Bromtaghon, June 22, 2010, 01:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromtaghon

What's the canon of who survives the battle with Nelis and Tastidian? Obviously Helena survives if the Helenites have been founded, and there are no mentions of the 'memorial' locations built if Anya or Guy die, but does anyone else live? What about Cerzak?
Quote from: Tastidian on July 02, 2010, 02:52:50 AM
He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Current Elemental Master of Cryokinesis.

lentro

Most of what you said didn't make much sense to me but for Cerzak, i think it's safe to say you killed him and put him where you put any other dead bodies, or left him there. If he lived, he might be spending his life in prison, or someone else killed him.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

There are references to the Helenites in TSoG.  Thus, Helena must have survived.
In the endings for TRPG2, if Guy dies, Anya makes the North Gate 'Guy's Corner' where young Psys go to spar.  Likewise, if Anya dies, Guy helps construct the Anya Memorial Library.  Granted, the Psy Academy hasn't been finished yet, but neither of these seem to exist, thus, one could assume Anya and Guy survived.
Why do you assume Cerzak is dead? Unless someone killed him between missions 6 and 7, then it comes down to the Main's choice, which is what I'm asking.  Also, he would only be in prison if the Shadowlings won due to the Main destroying the Psy Academy- this is the non-canon option and thus never hapened.

lentro

Now you making sense, your refering to TSoG, i Haven't played that yet, i'm waiting for it to finish before I really and truly play it.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light and dark side, and it holds the universe togethor.

Bromtaghon

Alas, I have to play it now, since once it's done I'll never be able to convince someone to buy it for me.
If I had to guess, I'd guess that all the teammates survived.  Wether or not Cerzak does is probably the real question.

KZ

It seems that the canon version suggests all live in the end, and Cerzak lives as well by implication- since Grotius survives to teach a new curriulum, allowing Psy Academy students to learn Cold attacks (this part comes from TPA2, where we have Black Capes who are skilled in Cold and Shadow attacks, presumably the latter taught by Shadowlings), and Grotius gets killed if Cerzak is killed, methinks it would be safe to say Cerzak lives on.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

ArtDrake

Dorgon is rather questionable, because we haven't seen any Dorgons yet in TRPG:SoG, but on the other hand, we haven't actually seen any Helenites either, so we wouldn't have.

Ertxiem

The Academy area is still incomplete, so Dorgon units may have a reference in there. And these units may be too valuable to be sent to a foreign country (from the Academy or the Helenites point of view).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Just because a teammate doesn't make an appearance in TSoG, doesn't mean that he or she (or it) isn't alive at that point in time- whilst an appearance is definite proof of a teammate living on, lack of appearance is not definitive to their state of being.
Moreover, TSoG has quite a lot of extra stuff yet to be added to it, so we'll see how things go. But in any case, I think the canon version implies that all teammates survive in the end.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!