News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Make character move faster

Started by BasiliskKnight, July 18, 2010, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In Ravinale, do you walk or run with Duvalier?

I walk around, there is no hurry.
I run around, as it takes ages to get from one place to another.
It depends...

BasiliskKnight

When you are on the map, honestly, the characters are so slow its painful. Increasing the speed you can move on the map would make the game much better.

SmartyPants

Less mobility requires more strategy.  If you make the charcter faster, then it will make the game easier; not better.

Dorgon 5000

I think they already are fast enough (at least the good ones).

CraigStern

Quote from: BasiliskKnight on July 18, 2010, 07:43:21 PM
When you are on the map

What does "the map" refer to? Do you mean walking around, or in battle?

BasiliskKnight

I mean when you are walking around, not in battle...they walk around too slow, it takes forever to get from one place to another. if they walked faster you could go from one place to another without taking a nap in between.

Cypher

Yes, I agree with him: I'd wouldn't hurt to implement something (like caps lock, for example) that could replace constantly pressing Shift to run. (@BasiliskKnight You realize you can press Shift to run, right?)

BasiliskKnight

yea but you should walk faster anyway...ive never seen anyone walk that slow in real life

Cypher

Being able to move faster than running, I disagree with... but being able to constantly run without pressing
Shift is a good idea.

KZ

I have suggested that on the old forums back with TRPG2 in the making, and I do stand by that point as well- maybe not the NPCs, but certainly the Main should have "running" as his standard mode, and "walking" as his "shift" mode- that would make it so much more useful (e.g. for the very few places in the Crypts where one has to be careful in walking around), as Ravinale is huge, and getting from one place to another takes ages- I never walk, I always use shift, and that can be kind of annoying.
So, I am strongly for either adding an even faster walking method, or swapping around what shift does when you walk.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Dorgon 5000

Is it because you are americans that you always hurry? With slower character movement, it becomes more realistic, and you get more time to enjoy the atmosphere. It´s perfectly good as it is.

Steelfist

Hey, I agree with them, and I'm not American!

Ertxiem

Quote from: KZ on July 22, 2010, 07:58:33 AM
[...]
So, I am strongly for either adding an even faster walking method, or swapping around what shift does when you walk.
I agree.
And this has been a recurring suggestion.

Nevertheless, lowering the visual quality speeds up the game a bit.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 22, 2010, 04:42:01 PM
Quote from: Dorgon 5000 on July 22, 2010, 09:24:17 AM
Is it because you are americans that you always hurry?
Stereotyping is inappropriate.

Take it easy, it was just a joke.