Games > TSoG Wish List

Make character move faster

<< < (5/7) > >>

MikeW781:
I agree. Just to satisfy everybody, can it be made so that you can choose if running or walking was the default? It was a nice feature in Final Fantasy. A small increase on running speed would also be nice.

Cypher:

--- Quote from: MikeW781 on August 31, 2010, 06:32:31 PM ---I agree. Just to satisfy everybody, can it be made so that you can choose if running or walking was the default? It was a nice feature in Final Fantasy. A small increase on running speed would also be nice.

--- End quote ---
I totally agree. All who are opposed, speak now or forever be silent.

SmartyPants:

--- Quote from: MikeW781 on August 31, 2010, 06:32:31 PM ---I agree. Just to satisfy everybody, can it be made so that you can choose if running or walking was the default? It was a nice feature in Final Fantasy. A small increase on running speed would also be nice.

--- End quote ---
A running default would be a pain in the Crypts.  It would require one to hold shift, so one doesn't run into a trap.  Is this issue really important enough for Craig to stop creating his story, so he can spend time to make it where you don't have to hold down shift to run?

Cypher:

--- Quote from: im2smart4u on September 01, 2010, 08:21:54 AM ---

--- End quote ---
A running default would be a pain in the Crypts.  It would require one to hold shift, so one doesn't run into a trap.  Is this issue really important enough for Craig to stop creating his story, so he can spend time to make it where you don't have to hold down shift to run?

--- End quote ---
I think he meant whether you could toggle if Shift makes you run or walk.

KZ:
I think it is important enough, im2smart4u- check the % of those who run, instead of walk in the game. Given that this is supposed to be a long project with many hours of game play, the amount of time spent moving from one place to another will really start to accumuate. And from experience and speaking to others who play exploration games, most agree that it can be a pain in the back and can, on occaison force people to drop the game for a while- just the sheer annoyance at the fact that someone forgot to talk to someone else on the other side of town and it will take a minute to get there- if enough of those build up, at least part of the gaming experience will be affected in a negative way.  At the very least swapping what shift does with respect to running or walking will make it all much easier- plus, the Crypts are really the only place where you need walk as your running default, and even at that, I only need walk in one place in Crypt 1, so there is a lot of incentive to change those to arround, or have the option to choose which one is the default.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version