News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

How to get rid of extra Soul Charges?

Started by KZ, July 24, 2010, 09:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelfist

I like the idea of being able to sell them.

cyso

...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

The Arena. Don't you remember the spirits you can buy?

cyso

Maybe, if the soul charges could be converted into spirit form.

ArtDrake

If they are to be used, they could be used for:

• Monetary Gain

• Sold to Arena
    • Sell the service of reviving people, for Arena or otherwise. That might lead to an interesting sidequest...
  • Stat Gain (Permanent)
  • Stat Gain (During Battle)

• Psy Points Refill
    • Speed Refill (or take another turn)
    • Increase max stat

• Health
      • PsP
      • Speed
    I like the idea of a large Psy Points refill during battle, because this is what the souls being sucked provide when first sucked. If one soul equaled 10 Psy Points, and a menu popped up where you could chose how many souls you would like to use... at no cost other than Souls. I think this would have to be a Luca move.

• Extra Content in-game
  • A Side-quest
  • A special attack or buff

Then again, the Yellow orb makes the move obsolete with Transfer.

bugfartboy

Nay. How would they give you defense boosts? If thy could become ghosts, they could be sold into slavery for the Arena. Other than that, there is no logic behind your suggestions.

ArtDrake

They're not suggestions. They're simply a review of all possible ways to use souls. Have I missed any? If you are not in favor of, and not interested in getting rid of extra Soul Charges, I can't help but wonder why you're even posting here.

Do you have any positive suggestions, rather than negative ones?

bugfartboy

Yes. Sell them to the arena. I've already said that. And how about you get 150 souls charges, you get a greater ghost to fight for you? Doesn't that make sense? <Partial Sarcasm

ArtDrake

Monetary gain is one of the possibilities. I'm not saying I support any in particular. I'm tired of people saying I'm ridiculous, and don't think things through.

How do we know that the Arena has ghosts willing and able to revive participants?

bugfartboy

Who said anything of reviving? I meant that if it were possible to form a ghost out of soul charges, you could form a ghost and sell it to the Arena as a slave or mercenary to buy into your team.

ArtDrake

Okay, I'll put it up.

And if you could talk to these ghosts instead of selling them, maybe you could do a side-quest.

But Ghosts aren't formed that way; ghosts happen when they have a very strong reason to stay. They don't need a Soul Charge. If you made a ghost with the Soul Charges you got from Ghosts, where would you be? You'd have multiple copies of the same Ghost running around, since they reform after a while.

cyso

Maybe you could go to the arena and revive participants for a fee, like Nelis.

ArtDrake

cyso

Using soul charges as psy points seems to me like it could become a game breaker very quickly. So does using them to buff your stats. I still don't get how the souls would buff your stats.