News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Attacks leveling together

Started by algebra15, July 25, 2010, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

algebra15

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but would  it make sense to have certain attacks increase their damage along with other attacks, like instead of the damage formula for Light Blast being:

Psy Power + Light Bomb Level + 2

it could be

Psy Power + Light Bomb Level + 1/2 Light Blast Level + 2

or something like that? If the hero levels one area of their power, shouldn't an upgraded version also benefit slightly?

For the sake of another example, Griffin has Melee, and he has Double Strike. It wouldn't make too much sense, if Griffin practiced enough,  for  his Double Strike to deal less damage than his Melee, would it?

If the game is too far along, or if  this idea doesn't fit with the idea of having independent skills, this doesn't matter too much.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

MikeW781

Maybe a +1/2*Skill modifier for related attacks. Obviously, Light Blast Skill whould affect Light blast the most, but adding +1/2*LightBombLevel or 1/4*LightBombLevel makes sense.
Same for attacks like Mind Shield/Big Shield, or Melee/Double Strike. There will have to be a limit, of course, maybe only one extra modifier per attack.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

It certainly makes sense, but I think that Craig purposefully kept the skills separate. I am not sure if such a big change, especially in the way that significantly affects the difficulty of the game, will be implemented so late in game development stage.
Peronsally, I am neutral on this issue- I don't mind either way, though I admit that the idea is logical.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!