News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Outfits

Started by Ryaad, July 29, 2010, 09:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryaad

STOP! I know you are think how dumb this idea is because you dont actually get a decent look at any of the characters but i do not mean just different outfits that all they do is look diffrent that is part of it but they could also give diffrent stats like +2 Psy points or +5 Health or +1 speed (i think thats what they call the the stat for how far you can move every turn) ect. ect. and they also could give special abilities like shadowport so you could get something like this for the hero

Name: Shadow Robe
Stats: +1 Speed
Abilities: Shadowport
Description: A robe made is sommus for Humans that have The Gift to allow them to use the ability Shadowport a useful ability that some Shadowlings use to teleport short distances, it is also as light as a shadow allowing one more freedom of movement

or

Stats: +1 Speed
Abilities: None
Description: A robe made is sommus for Humans that have The Gift to allow them to use the ability Shadowport a useful ability that some Shadowlings use to teleport short distances, it is also as light as a shadow allowing one more freedom of movement

or

Stats: None
Abilities: Shadowport

i dont know weather you would want to have abilities and stats on them so thats why i had three and i dunno if the example is balanced and whatnot so its just that an example
Cyro? My bread and butter.

The Holy namelesskitty

This sounds cool but cliche. Maybe if they were a little less powerful then they would work better.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Cypher

If this idea was to be implicated in Tsog, it would probably be an orb, not an item of clothing.

Barzul

One thing you have to think of before this can be considered is how it would work in the Telepath universe. How exactly does putting on a robe allow you to learn a new ability in a universe that does not contain magic? The best you could get away with would be stat boosters. Such as you would run faster in athletic shoes than in boots. Or you have a higher defense if you are wearing metal armor rather than a cloth shirt.

That said, I'm against the inclusion of stat increasing items outside of orbs, one of the things I like about Telepath is that it doesn't have those things. In a lot of games it comes down to if you don't have the best stat boosters, you are going to lose. It complicates a lot of aspects. You have to spend time hunting down a certain piece of gear so that you can be resistant to a certain enemy or hunt down a magic sword because a boss is resistant to physical attacks.

Which makes the orb system great. Four slots for only one character. No hunting down the best unique gear for every party member, no finding the perfect combination of items that will allow you to beat the final boss. It is very possible to beat a Telepath game orb-less. You cannot say the same things about many games. Could you beat the final boss in any Final Fantasy game without any stat increasing gear? Most likely not, while it is possible to beat Nelis orb-less, albeit a bit more difficult.

Cypher

Quote from: Barzul on July 30, 2010, 12:43:16 AM
One thing you have to think of before this can be considered is how it would work in the Telepath universe. How exactly does putting on a robe allow you to learn a new ability in a universe that does not contain magic? The best you could get away with would be stat boosters. Such as you would run faster in athletic shoes than in boots. Or you have a higher defense if you are wearing metal armor rather than a cloth shirt.

That said, I'm against the inclusion of stat increasing items outside of orbs, one of the things I like about Telepath is that it doesn't have those things. In a lot of games it comes down to if you don't have the best stat boosters, you are going to lose. It complicates a lot of aspects. You have to spend time hunting down a certain piece of gear so that you can be resistant to a certain enemy or hunt down a magic sword because a boss is resistant to physical attacks.

Which makes the orb system great. Four slots for only one character. No hunting down the best unique gear for every party member, no finding the perfect combination of items that will allow you to beat the final boss. It is very possible to beat a Telepath game orb-less. You cannot say the same things about many games. Could you beat the final boss in any Final Fantasy game without any stat increasing gear?

Thank You. :)

Dorgon 5000

I think orbs are better and more uniqe than ordinary equipment. But changing clothes is a good idea, but it would be too much work to fix that (or the clothes will be invisible, and that would be unlogical).

Cypher

Changing the Main's look might also induce some bugs.

The Holy namelesskitty

oh the bugs, oh the bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs. Cypher27 is right that is the number one source of bugs in other games that I've played is stat items, not to mention the easiest thing to hack, even I have hacked them, and on Morrowind no less.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

I am not against it, but I don't like it enough for Craig to spend alot of time on it.

Cypher