News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

D-Day battles in TSoG format

Started by algebra15, July 30, 2010, 08:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

algebra15

May I have permission to convert the TPA1 battles and KZ battles to TSoG format to make  them more playable? The lack of hotkeys irritates me. Like this?

[spoiler]D-Day[/spoiler]

This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

algebra15

Will someone please post?  I'd like to have confirmation or denial.
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

bugfartboy

Umm. You just asked for a post but I think they should be left alone. In the words of the all knowing bug:
QuoteThe past is yesterday, LEAVE IT BE!!
(yes I just quoted myself)

KZ

That should really be in a PM, algebra15. ;)
But as it stands- I don't mind, though the files are on the net, and as far as I know, they are all TSoG compatible- just find the thread in the old forums, there are links to the oringal battle files and they were made in the TSoG engine. What Craig did is simply to stick them into TPA1&2.
You're welcome to download them and play ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

ArtDrake

ohh.... whoops. I really hadn't considered that.

But wait a sec. When I went to the old forums, I really would have liked to play them, but they were in .rar format or something. Or maybe the link was broken. Either way, I wasn't able to get to them.

Ertxiem

The rar format is an alternative to the zip format, with better compression, but less people know about it. There are some programs that can open it, like WinRAR (non-free) and 7-zip (free).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

KZ

Indeed, Erxtiem is right- I've had WinRar for ages, and seen quite a lot of documents of this type- it's pretty common format on Russian forums, so I never thought that some folks might have trouble with it. 7-Zip should definitely work fine on that.

The only battles that are not compatible with the current versionof TSoG are the very first ones I submitted (about 40 of them, I think, and they're on a different thread), which were made on the old build. Maybe some day I'll re-work them and post them up again. Apart from that, all the other battles should work fine in Map Editor.
The only thing to note is that over time Craig has changes the stats and attacks of teammates, so the difficulty levels might be off a little- some of the battles were made, especially in D-day landings, with quite a delicate balance between losing and winning, so I am not sure what will happen now, with the new stats at hand.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!