News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Somnus Wishlist

Started by KZ, February 10, 2010, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 07, 2010, 06:34:05 AM
Sorry im2smart4u. I read it too quickly. (I'm aware that there was an Oubliette in Ravinale, but more than one may exist.)

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 06, 2010, 05:15:47 PM
10. The oubliette, (perhaps located in the military academy?)
I'll rewrite that to:
10. Military training grounds located in the military academy.
Perhaps somebody in there could tell us stories of the past.

I think that Luca's memories are more likely to be linked to the Ravinale area, but then again, perhaps she could see something in there that may trigger a memory (perhaps something happening).
Maybe something as to how she died? If it wasn't a natural death that is.

SmartyPants

1. Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
2. Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
3. A Light Spriggat NPC that can be asked about her color, like Lala
4. The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
5. Spriggats flying through the streets like Shadowlings.  (People claim Craig has already done this, but I don't see any Spriggats)
6. A former shadowling sympathizers who was secretly supporting the Dissidents during the Shadow War
7. Nightling at the Somnus Public Library
8. One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
9. Festus at his own clinic
10. The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to
11. Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
12. The hidden headquarters of the Assassin's Cult

KZ

1. A Light Spriggat NPC that can be asked about her color, like Lala
2. One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
3. Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
4. Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
5. Nightling at the Somnus Public Library
6. A former shadowling sympathizers who was secretly supporting the Dissidents during the Shadow War
7. The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
8. Spriggats flying through the streets like Shadowlings.
9. Festus at his own clinic
10. Malis' Mansion
11. The hidden headquarters of the Assassin's Cult   (maybe have that as an Easter Egg, folks?)
12.The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to

Also, methinks one way to do this would be to add up the numbers of the ideas, and then find the avergaes across all people voting: those with lowest number will be the ideas folks would like to see most. Try to be honest and think of what you want to have- quite a few of those ideas are close calls anyway, and chances are, the full list will be formulated, but it will be great to show Craig what we really want to see, and what we don't really mind not being implemented at all.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I was also thinking about adding the numbers and sorting the list starting from those suggestion with the lower totals (that would correspond to the preferred ones).

And since we haven't seen spriggats flying through the streets, here's my updated list:
2. Festus at his own clinic
3. Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
4. Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
6. One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
7. A former shadowling sympathizers who was secretly supporting the Dissidents during the Shadow War
8. Spriggats flying through the streets like Shadowlings.
9. The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
10. Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
11. The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to
12. Fighting battles in the military training grounds (located in the military academy)
13. The secret headquarters of the Assassin's Cult (perhaps as an Easter Egg)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

We need a timeline that says, "If you don't post your top 10 by Sunday morning, then your opinions might not be put on the formulation poll".

There has been some confusion about the "New Idea" I posted way back when.  To clarify again, the suggestion is:
You can meet a former shadowling sympathizers who secretly supported the Dissidents during the Shadow War.

ArtDrake

2. Festus at his own clinic
3. Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
4. Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
6.  Spriggats flying through the streets like Shadowlings.
7.  The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
8.One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
9. Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
10. The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cerzak went to
11. Fighting battles in the military training grounds (located in the military academy)
12. The secret headquarters of the Assassin's Cult (perhaps as an Easter Egg)
13. A former shadowling sympathizers who was secretly supporting the Dissidents during the Shadow War

Chocobo_Fan

Hm. Interesting ideas.

I'm not that much of a speculator usually -- I prefer to just wait for the developer to create whatever he originally planned instead of directly influencing anything -- but I would like to see some of the shadowlings from TRPG2. In game series like this where the game is set in the same universe but within the lifetime of characters from the previous chapter, I always enjoy seeing the old characters for some reason. Gives a bit more resolution to their character, I suppose.

So yeah, I second the ideas of being able to meet Niven, Shadowboxer, Darkling, and Festus.

flack

Don't know if people still read this thread but here are my suggestions:

1) A possible place to train (maybe do a mission before this is allowed), should also be one at psy academy.
2) Have something like Malignus, where if you reach a certain level in psy power (maybe around 45-60), your allowed to meet him and replay battles you have already played. Though unlike telepath rpg 2, you should make it so that you can only replay battles you have beaten before.
3) A mini telepath rpg arena involving the best shadowlings competing and maybe a orb as an award if you win. (maybe also one for psy academy or other areas)
4) A place that allows you to telepathically through your mind to go through battles that were fought in telepath rpg 2. The purpose of this is allow a unique way for the characters to understand what happened to the queen. I don't if this will interfere with the current story because I think yawah might be the main character from rpg 2.
5) Hidden Treasure Chests.
6) 'Grandfather' Gamblin Jack who will psy duel you.
7) Bank where you can by Bonds!!! like in rpg 2, make it up to 30 bonds this time. (maybe in Rivanale instead)

Anyways those are what I want to see in Somnus or maybe some other place.

SmartyPants

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM1) A possible place to train (maybe do a mission before this is allowed), should also be one at psy academy.
While I do think the Hero's team should be able to train in the desert headquarters with the rest of the Resistance, I don't see the point in having a trainer in the psy academy or Somnus.

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM2) Have something like Malignus, where if you reach a certain level in psy power (maybe around 45-60), your allowed to meet him and replay battles you have already played. Though unlike telepath rpg 2, you should make it so that you can only replay battles you have beaten before.
In TRPG2, I found that it corny that Malignus allowed the Hero to replay battles of the past.

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM3) A mini telepath rpg arena involving the best shadowlings competing and maybe a orb as an award if you win. (maybe also one for psy academy or other areas)
Arena battles sound like a lazy method for game makers to add more battles/levels without expanding the story or setting.

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM4) A place that allows you to telepathically through your mind to go through battles that were fought in telepath rpg 2. The purpose of this is allow a unique way for the characters to understand what happened to the queen. I don't if this will interfere with the current story because I think yawah might be the main character from rpg 2.
I prefer to play TPRG2 battles in TRPG2, and playing TSoG battles in TSoG. Stick with new battles.

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM5) Hidden Treasure Chests.
Hidden Teasure Chest are always fun.  They are more fun when they are a challenge to find or open.

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM6) 'Grandfather' Gamblin Jack who will psy duel you.
I think Jack is dead by now.  Also, why would Jack still be in Somnus after the Shadow War?  Personally, I don't care for the card games.

Quote from: flack on November 22, 2011, 01:51:42 PM7) Bank where you can by Bonds!!! like in rpg 2, make it up to 30 bonds this time. (maybe in Rivanale instead)
Quote from: SmartyPants on July 23, 2010, 12:16:50 PM*One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
The bonds idea was suggested forever ago.

Ertxiem

Thanks for the suggestions flack. Keep them coming. Having new people giving new ideas is always good, even when we don't agree with them. Sometimes from the ashes of a not so good idea a great idea is born.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

flack

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 22, 2011, 04:30:21 PM
While I do think the Hero's team should be able to train in the desert headquarters with the rest of the Resistance, I don't see the point in having a trainer in the psy academy or Somnus.
I think places like Somnus and Psy Academy are highly respected "Psy" places so they should have teachers that are able to train you.

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 22, 2011, 04:30:21 PMIn TRPG2, I found that it corny that Malignus allowed the Hero to replay battles of the past.
This is just for convenience so you don't need to restart the game every time you want to play certain battles you fought and won in the past. Good for experimenting unit combo, attacks and stuff.

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 22, 2011, 04:30:21 PMArena battles sound like a lazy method for game makers to add more battles/levels without expanding the story or setting.
It doesn't have to be arenas, I am just trying to suggest some events that I think should be in Somnus. Since Somnus is a large city it should have a variety of events or things for you to do. Doesn't necessarily have to be related to the main story. In other words, harder side quests.

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 22, 2011, 04:30:21 PMI prefer to play TPRG2 battles in TRPG2, and playing TSoG battles in TSoG. Stick with new battles.
Agree with you on this... I made a mistake saying TRPG 2 battles, I meant some unique way (eg. battles) to tell the main characters the detailed history of events in TRPG2 since the two games seem to be highly related.

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 22, 2011, 04:30:21 PMHidden Teasure Chest are always fun.  They are more fun when they are a challenge to find or open.
:)

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 22, 2011, 04:30:21 PMI think Jack is dead by now.  Also, why would Jack still be in Somnus after the Shadow War?  Personally, I don't care for the card games.
I don't know about Jack being dead since Anya isn't and their both human at around the same age in TRPG2. It doesn't have to be card games it could be something that makes him show up. Since we are already making some characters that are in TRPG2 show up.

Quote from: SmartyPants on July 23, 2010, 12:16:50 PM*One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office.The bonds idea was suggested forever ago.
I think he will add it soon.