News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Somnus Wishlist

Started by KZ, February 10, 2010, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

On an almost totally unrelated not: imagine how old Malis is, then. Eeesh.

Barzul

But isn't Malis related to Darkling and Shadowboxer? Shouldn't that make them older?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Barzul on July 22, 2010, 11:11:39 AM
But isn't Malis related to Darkling and Shadowboxer? Shouldn't that make them older?
Not if Malis is an older relative.

Do we know if Malis is related to the two brothers?

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 22, 2010, 04:39:12 PM
Do we know if Malis is related to the two brothers?
I don't remember hearing that anywhere.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

I think Malis being related to Darkling and Shadowboxer is speculation.

Quote from: For those unfamiliar with the old forums
Old Forum Ideas:
*Nightling at the Somnus Public Library
*The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
*Festus at his own clinic
*Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
*Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
*Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
*The secret headquarters of the Assassin's Cult
*The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to
*One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
*Spriggats and Shadowlings floating through the streets like the people of Ravinale
*A Light Spriggat NPC that can be asked about her color, like Lala

New Idea
In Telepath Psy Arena 2, one can train at The Oubliette (a training ground full of spriggat rebels and shadowling sympathizers). It would be cool to meet a former shadowling sympathizer in the new Somnus.  He could tell stories about how the shadowling sympathizers were secretly supporting the Dissidents with supplies and information.  A sympathizer could have given Tastidian misinformation about the Fake Golem Factory.  Any thoughts?

Dorgon 5000

KZ

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 23, 2010, 12:16:50 PM
I think Malis being related to Darkling and Shadowboxer is speculation.
Nope, Craig hismelf said, albeit quite some time ago, that Malis is realted to Shadowboxer and Darkling. Though he never mentioned how they're related, so we're not restricted by any timelines here.

I believe you mentioned this suggestion before, im2smart4u, or someone else did, but in either case- I like it and  support it.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

bugfartboy

I think another thing I would like to see would be like a training center where Malis can learn a very secret ability like umm... the AI controled Psi Copy suggested in another topic. It could be called the Shadowlings Shadow.

"Malis was experimenting with Shadow Blast and discovered that she could make a perfect copy of herself by rearranging gobules of negative energy. Curious, she added more and more negative energy to the form until she could no more. The resulting image seemed to have a mind of it's own. However she discovered that after a small amount of time it vanished in a small blast of shadow."

What do you think? It could have a small amount Malis's health and power and there could only be one. Anyone like?  :) :) :)

Duskling

I think it's a fine way to describe a backstory to the ability, but why not just the "Shadow?" Also, at the beginning of every ability backstory in TSoG, you must start with "As it turns out..." I'm not joking, it's true.

bugfartboy

Good point. Still. What about the idea itself? I think when I was a member of the old forums I saw this come up then and in the new forums somewhere.

Ryaad

hmm well how about extra training depending elements like have training for shadow and cyro at sommus and training for light and pyro at psy acadamy (i dont know if there are any plans for psy acadamy allready so this many not work) not to say the nameless one won't be teaching you but maybe some special skill that you have to do some task or fight or something for like for shadow you have to 1V1 a shadow spigrat and for cyro 1V1 a ice spigrat (they would have to be just as good as eachother obviusly) and for the psy acadamy ones (light and pyro as mentioned above) fight a black cape specializeing in light or pyro depending what your training and this would have to be like an "uber" skill or something but definitly something really nice to get
Cyro? My bread and butter.

bugfartboy

That's kinda what I had suggested. A skill for Malis learnable only in Sommus.

algebra15

I think training battles is rather non-Telepath in general, but perhaps if in Somnus there were a second trainer with either reduced rates for Dark-type characters or a new ability or two.

This might link in with the Assassin's Cult, where perhaps there could be side-quests concerning Al'al and the Order of the Black Rose. I, too, had an idea for another ability in-game, but I'll put it over in the attack ideas section (hint, hint).
This is Gambit. The cards are about to explode. Goodbye!

SmartyPants

Based on TPA2 and the end of TRPG2, we know that they teach all four elements at the Psy Academy.

bugfartboy

In TRPG2, where does it show shadow psy fighters? And the shadow Psy's in TPA2 could just have had an undeveloped gift.