News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Somnus Wishlist

Started by KZ, February 10, 2010, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

There are many things I want to see in the new Sommus (some of them might be said)

1. The New Sommus Libary with Fetus working in it
2. The Pub with Darkling and Shadow Boxer Working in It
3. Niven Teaching little shadowlings to throw knives
4. Grotious at the bar or libary
5. The same chest in Hellion's House with a different surprise in it.
6. Another section of houses which NPC Shadowling and Spriggats can be talked to
7. The government building where the concil is
8. Cerzak somewhere in the government building
9. A middle section where the town square.
10. The Old Headquaters
11. An choice to fight shadowlings somewhere
12. The shadowling Cult area
13. An orb or two
14. around 3 quests/missions (side and major)
15. A direct reference to the hero of TRPG Ch. 2
16. An ablility to get a new team member
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Let's see... 1, 2, 6, 7, 12 have been suggested before (this is good).
Grotius teaches cryokinetics at the Psy Academy, so its unlikely we'll see him there.
I guess the canon version will have Cerzak in it, so why not?
I think the old HQ will remain where it is, I don't see any reason not to include it in the first place.
11, 13, 14 seem quite logical and will most likely be there by default.
About 16: given that CraigStern has decided to give more in-depth characters to the teammates, there will be fewer of them, and by the looks of it, he's decided on who that will be. However, one of them logically might come from Somnus, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 05, 2010, 03:27:26 PM
About 16: given that CraigStern has decided to give more in-depth characters to the teammates, there will be fewer of them, and by the looks of it, he's decided on who that will be. However, one of them logically might come from Somnus, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)
CraigStern has hinted about a red spriggat character.

KZ

Correct, I simply didn't want to give it away. But it's all public, so... there are 3 potential teammates: a red spriggat, a spearman, all devised by CraigStern, and then there is a beast-master class Gelf teammate, which LethalLaurie and I came up with, which just might make it into the game, depending on whether CraigStern likes it and has time to implement it in.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I think the chest in Hellion's house is a good idea. It would also be nice to be able to fight the battles from TRPG 2 from the chest (if, of course, Craig Stern had enough time to recreate all of the old battles).
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

The chest is a neat idea, though with respect to the battle timeline, I don't think the concept will apply: after all, the Main simply could fight the battles he'll inevitably fight or have fought already (apart from mission 7, but in either case the Main and teammates fights them, not someone else). However, having a new set of battles, possibly from TSoG, would be a neat thing to have. Or, have Malignus allow the Hero to try out a few battles had he chosen a different elemental path: alternative realities that never materialized, so to speak- this will give the players a taste of other elemental attacks and incline them towards re-playing the game to get other elements.
Welcome to the forums!

Ertxiem

Quote from: Zackirus on March 05, 2010, 02:35:53 PM
[...]
3. Niven Teaching little shadowlings to throw knives
[...]
5. The same chest in Hellion's House with a different surprise in it.
[...]
16. An ablility to get a new team member
Here are my comments:
3. Shame on you, Niven! lol Teaching children to play with knifes! :P
5. Playing battles from TRPG2 might be hard, since the battle engine is different. It might be possible to play some battles from TPA2 (but perhaps Craig might feel that it will lower the value of TPA2). However, I think it's likely (and fun) to replay some of the previous battles from TSoG with teams having different characteristics. It could be a challenge to our strategic skill. KZ's idea is quite nice. Having the possibility of experimenting other elemental affinities might add some replay value.
16. The red spriggat might be in Somnus, or from a quest starting in Somnus.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

torugo

about 3 niven should not do that to kids considering how bad he was at practice with you
but the pub might make a new place to gamble other than playing psy war
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

It might be nice to find an NPC who you can gamble with using Psy War, I think- that would be a nice reference to TRPG2. Or see people playing Psy War, with a Psy War pack lying around, and you can click on it to read the info. Or, why not see Gamblin' War- after all, it did say in TRPG2 that Jack started off a popular derivative it would be interesting to see what modifications he used.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 11, 2010, 09:10:18 AM
It might be nice to find an NPC who you can gamble with using Psy War, I think- that would be a nice reference to TRPG2. Or see people playing Psy War, with a Psy War pack lying around, and you can click on it to read the info. Or, why not see Gamblin' War- after all, it did say in TRPG2 that Jack started off a popular derivative it would be interesting to see what modifications he used.
I don't play Psy War or Psy Duel very much, so I would suggest to CraigStern that he sould spend time not doing card games.

Zhampir

I think the inclusion of a minigame like the supposed card game is an important step. Many major RPGs have little mini games that in no significant way (other than the accumulation of capitol) affect gameplay. For example, Star Wars KotoR with Swoop Bike Racing and Pazaak, and the Legend of Zelda which keeps advancing it's fishing minigame (a long with several other minigames).

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zhampir on March 11, 2010, 04:53:38 PM
For example, Star Wars KotoR with Swoop Bike Racing and Pazaak
That was the boringest part of the game.  Unless int contributed to the story, I avoided the swoop races and the pazaak tables.

cyso

Different strokes for different blokes. I enjoy most mini-games almost as much as the actual significant plot missions.

cyso

Would the palace still stand? Some might want to tear it down and rebuild a new government center, while others might just want to remodel the existing palace.

Zhampir

since it's been a few decades since the war I expect the palace to look much different with many spriggat inspired decor but still retaining some of its shadowling heritage. All in all, a much different place, to be sure.