News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Somnus Wishlist

Started by KZ, February 10, 2010, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

What is "read again" supposed to mean?

Cypher

Quote from: Duckling on September 04, 2010, 03:24:10 PM
Old Forum Ideas:
*Nightling at the Somnus Public Library
*The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
*Festus at his own clinic
*Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
*Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
*Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
*The secret headquarters of the Assassin's Cult
*The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to
*One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
*Spriggats and Shadowlings floating through the streets like the people of Ravinale. This one is already in effect.
*A Light Spriggat NPC that can be asked about her color, like Lala

New Idea
In Telepath Psy Arena 2, one can train at The Oubliette (a training ground full of spriggat rebels and shadowling sympathizers). It would be cool to meet a former shadowling sympathizer in the new Somnus.  He could tell stories about how the shadowling sympathizers were secretly supporting the Dissidents with supplies and information.  A sympathizer could have given Tastidian misinformation about the Fake Golem Factory.  Any thoughts?
I am in agreement with Duckling and want to see all of the above included.

ArtDrake

Yes! We did! Or at least I did! But you know what? I just don't think it's an idea I like! It doesn't mean I hate war bonds in general! It doesn't mean that I hate all your ideas! It doesn't mean that I cheated, or hacked, or hate Craig! Have I covered everything that you might extrapolate from a single strikethrough? I just don't think it's as good an idea as the rest!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 05, 2010, 11:42:32 AM
Yes! We did! Or at least I did! But you know what? I just don't think it's an idea I like! It doesn't mean I hate war bonds in general! It doesn't mean that I hate all your ideas! It doesn't mean that I cheated, or hacked, or hate Craig! Have I covered everything that you might extrapolate from a single strikethrough? I just don't think it's as good an idea as the rest!
Your conspiracy theories have thrown me off.  Are you saying that you didn't like the idea of war bonds in TRPG2 and therefore you don't want reconstruction bonds in TSoG?

ArtDrake

No. Actually, I liked them in TRPG2, but I just don't agree with the idea in TSoG, because they take the place of the wide diversity of options for training and gold farming, which (as opposed to TRPG2, which just had Mechanics, Malignus replays, and Golem spin saws) can be achieved with Psy Duel, the numerous side quests out there, the guard battles, the bandits, the Deeper Downs, and the Crypts open for battle replays. Do you see my point?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 05, 2010, 07:23:37 PM
No. Actually, I liked them in TRPG2, but I just don't agree with the idea in TSoG, because they take the place of the wide diversity of options for training and gold farming, which (as opposed to TRPG2, which just had Mechanics, Malignus replays, and Golem spin saws) can be achieved with Psy Duel, the numerous side quests out there, the guard battles, the bandits, the Deeper Downs, and the Crypts open for battle replays. Do you see my point?
Not really, you gold farm in the same way in both games and there are equal number of side quests in both games. You also forgot to mention playing dice or Psy War with Gamblin' Jack.  In the old forums, KZ suggested that we should lower the return from the bonds for two reasons.  First reason, in TRPG2, too much gold gathering relied on the bonds.  Second reason, reconstruction bonds wouldn't be as lucrative as war bonds.

KZ

Personally, I am all for the reconstruction bonds idea: it adds variety,though anoter variable will have to be given instead of mission completion for it. Reason why it might as well remain on the list: Craig has everything, the code, the graphics, the structure, all set in place, effectively, thus he won't have to come up with this whole thing from scratch, therefore it may not take too long to do.

Right, folks, let's keep it cool here- sometimes we agree with each other's ideas, sometimes not. Sometimes most of the time 2 users would disagree, but there is no reason to become ad-hominem. Duckling- let's relax a little- you have covered your basis for misinterpretation, im2msart4u- can you please add more context to your quotes (both for the quotes and your analysis of them) so that people don't feel that you're taking the quote out of context or are mis-interpreting them on purpose.

Now, can we look at other factors which people might want to see on their lists,and, if you have the time, give an explanation (unless it's purely aesthetical, simply on emotional like/disklike level) as to how/why you chose certain suggestions over others? Thanks!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

KZ

Maybe because I kindly asked to move on in this section and expand the data under srutiny, but that doesn't mean to say the issue is settled- I merely voiced my opinion. And I would like to remind you that your statement is factually wrong in all parts: not all the time people agree with me and move on, they do come back to the same issues, then people do reject ideas I suggest or I support, and not everyone is ok with arguing with you, as is evidenced by numerous little forays into temper-rising arguments over the last year and a bit. I am trying to solve the issue here, by proposing a view that is backed up by explanations which might convince some,but people can argue the issue further, naturally. However, I do offer extra thoughts and ideas to talk about, should the folks not wish to pursue the topic that lead to the initial disagreement. And methinks that's a good way to do it.

In any case, let's see if we can be more constructive here along the lines of:
"
Now, can we look at other factors which people might want to see on their lists,and, if you have the time, give an explanation (unless it's purely aesthetical, simply on emotional like/disklike level) as to how/why you chose certain suggestions over others? Thanks!"
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I would like to see everything in, but since KZ asked an ordered list, here goes (I prefer low numbers):

1. A Light Spriggat NPC that can be asked about her color, like Lala
2. Festus at his own clinic
3. Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
4. Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
5. Nightling at the Somnus Public Library
6. One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
7. The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
8. Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
9. The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to
10. The oubliette, (perhaps located in the military academy?)
11. The secret headquarters of the Assassin's Cult (if it's secret, then we shouldn't be able to find it :) )

Already in, and I like it:
*Spriggats and Shadowlings floating through the streets like the people of Ravinale.

For me, what makes the TRPG games interesting is the story behind it. So, having the opportunity to interact really makes things interesting. And I'm curious to know what happened between TRPG2 and TSoG .

I agree that the reconstruction bonds may be easy to include in the game and give the opportunity to gain some money and feel that we're helping Somnus.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 06, 2010, 05:15:47 PM10. The oubliette, (perhaps located in the military academy?)
Not you too, Ertxiem.  The Oubliette wasn't in Somnus, it was in Ravinale.  I mentioned the oubliette as a way to introduce the idea of shadowling sympathizers.  Please reread the suggestion.

Quote from: im2smart4u on July 23, 2010, 12:16:50 PM
New Idea
In Telepath Psy Arena 2, one can train at The Oubliette (a training ground full of spriggat rebels and shadowling sympathizers). It would be cool to meet a former shadowling sympathizer in the new Somnus.  He could tell stories about how the shadowling sympathizers were secretly supporting the Dissidents with supplies and information.  A sympathizer could have given Tastidian misinformation about the Fake Golem Factory.  Any thoughts?

ArtDrake

Another insight into Luca's past, if Somnus is at all part of the plot plan as far as Luca goes?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on September 06, 2010, 09:08:56 PM
Another insight into Luca's past, if Somnus is at all part of the plot plan as far as Luca goes?
I am all for hearing about Luca's past, but I don't think she remembers it and I doubt it has anything to do with Somnus.

ArtDrake

Maybe something she sees there can spark a memory...?

I only suggested that on the condition that Craig had planned any part of Luca's life so far, and/or if dealings with shadowlings had been part of it.

Ertxiem

Sorry im2smart4u. I read it too quickly. (I'm aware that there was an Oubliette in Ravinale, but more than one may exist.)

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 06, 2010, 05:15:47 PM
10. The oubliette, (perhaps located in the military academy?)
I'll rewrite that to:
10. Military training grounds located in the military academy.
Perhaps somebody in there could tell us stories of the past.

I think that Luca's memories are more likely to be linked to the Ravinale area, but then again, perhaps she could see something in there that may trigger a memory (perhaps something happening).
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.