News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Somnus Wishlist

Started by KZ, February 10, 2010, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from: torugo on March 15, 2010, 03:05:29 PM
yes but the maximum enemys that can be put in is 10 and you had 12 people in the 2nd chapter

Yes that's why I put 10 and said that two of them could be changed
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Dayn

Hm... I don't think that this will amount to anything that you guys have thought up, but here's 2 ideas.
1. The palace is replaced by a parliament building where you can gain randomly chosen side missions. (Note that the side missions will be made beforehand.)
2. You can go to the library where there will be many books, one of which will make reference to TRPG2's hero.

KZ

Good ideas, more or less voiced before, but it's good that they're in general agreement with what the forum populace wants to see!
I am not sure about the randomness of missions, but getting in several side-quests in Somnus would certainly be nice!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

torugo

yeah we need at least one there
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Old Forum Ideas:
*Nightling at the Somnus Public Library
*The Parliament in the Queen's Palace (maybe Senator Cerzak)
*Festus at his own clinic
*Darkling & Shadowboxer at their bar, the Barracks (the TRPG2 headquarters)
*Niven as a successful showman that performs at the Barracks
*Malis' Mansion (possibly bought from Thallion)
*The secret headquarters of the Assassin's Cult
*The Military Academy General Darkeye & Cezak went to
*One can buy reconstruction bonds at the Shadowlands National Bond Office
*Spriggats and Shadowlings floating through the streets like the people of Ravinale
*A Light Spriggat NPC that can be asked about her color, like Lala

My New Ideas:
To complete the color wheel of shadowling aging, I came up with two ideas.
*An orange shadowling complains that all his friends have turned red and he hasn't.  The Hero then can give him advice on puberty or chose to make fun of him.
*On her death bed, a yellow Lala asks for the Hero to perform a last request(side quest) before she dies.

In Telepath Psy Arena 2, one can train at The Oubliette (a training ground full of spriggat rebels and shadowling sympathizers). It would be cool to meet a former shadowling sympathizer in the new Somnus.  He could tell stories about how the shadowling sympathizers were secretly supporting the Dissidents with supplies and information.  A sympathizer could have given Tastidian misinformation about the Fake Golem Factory.

Xemadus Echina

Quote from: KZ on March 05, 2010, 06:51:07 PM
...have Malignus allow the Hero to try out a few battles had he chosen a different elemental path: alternative realities that never materialized, so to speak- this will give the players a taste of other elemental attacks and incline them towards re-playing the game to get other elements.

It could be sort of like the last string of bonus fights in a game called Ge.Ne.Sis.  The amusing thing is that that game is similar to the Telepath series (regarding battles).  But what happens is you get this item and upon using it you have to fight and beat this monster(the holy egg).  Afterwards it gives you a key which at the end of the game lets you access this gateway that teleports you to a series of fights that are composed of fragments of your memories(as well as a few twisted memories).  You could use an idea similar to that as in when you open the chest you fight an enemy which lets you access some secret in the game and upon entering the secret area you get sent to a random fight that may or may not be twisted (your skills are different, your team is different, your fighting members of your team, your fighting as an evil person etc. etc.).  As far as I have it thought out it wouldn't be to hard to implement.  It could be like any of the other random battle areas but when you fight a battle it gets removed from the "playlist".  Then at the end of it all you get some sort of bonus (that isn't only money, I mean really you can get money fairly easily from fighting guards as well as other methods) Maby the one orb to rule them all or a bonus team mate.  If you want to go one step further you can even put in a "master of the void" character which you have to fight and upon his defeat you get your reward.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Dorgon 5000

Mostly, I think that Somnus (and all other places) should not be limited by invicible walls, they should be open for you to discover. So in this game, you could see what´s beyond the "barred" spots in TRPG2. This also allows you to hide the secrets better.

Zhampir

all games have "walls" but there could be an invisible path through one (like the orb in the Great Forest in TRGP2 [i forget the name])

Dorgon 5000

Yes, but it is possible to use physical objects like cliffs as limitations instead. That is much better.

Dayn

Zhampir

Cliffs? in a desert? are you mad? I see no mountains marked on the map. Perhaps they're simply not discovered (how would you not notice a mountain?) or simply unimportant. Still how would a cliff in the middle of the great forest make sense? Lake Alto? in fact, these "physical" walls are in place, where they make sense. Inside caves/crypts and inside the Academy.

Having actual walls in Ravinale would be quite silly. Either the area would have to be greatly and needlessly expanded or it would look extremely small, especially since one guy's house takes up an entire section. There are walls, however, for instance, the gate when you free the slaves. Imaginary walls present the illusion that the area is larger than is playable, giving way to the user being able to imagine an entire world and them only getting glimpses.

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: Zhampir on April 07, 2010, 06:26:01 PM
Cliffs? in a desert? are you mad? I see no mountains marked on the map. Perhaps they're simply not discovered (how would you not notice a mountain?) or simply unimportant. Still how would a cliff in the middle of the great forest make sense? Lake Alto? in fact, these "physical" walls are in place, where they make sense. Inside caves/crypts and inside the Academy.

Having actual walls in Ravinale would be quite silly. Either the area would have to be greatly and needlessly expanded or it would look extremely small, especially since one guy's house takes up an entire section. There are walls, however, for instance, the gate when you free the slaves. Imaginary walls present the illusion that the area is larger than is playable, giving way to the user being able to imagine an entire world and them only getting glimpses.

It doesn´t have to be cliffs. It can be housewalls, big treas, it can be anything. But I think that these imaginary walls break the illusion, and real objects is much better. Also, you can make big empty areas instead on places you don´t need to visit.

Xemadus Echina

In the desert you can put large rocks (the hero is lazy and can't climb XD) or gorges.  In cities and developed areas you can put rubble (old buildings) or some kind of building materials (new buildings!) or even a type of cleanup vehicle/construction vehicle that fits into the world.  The academy is walled off and the wilderness has trees.  Also Somnus IS underground so you could easily get away with pillars here and there and fenced off areas around them.  Or a type of row home would work (you can only dig out so much so better make use of your space xD).  And of course you can put an off limits area anywhere you want so if you have no other options just a fence with keep out signs here and there
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Dorgon 5000

Quote from: Zhampir on April 07, 2010, 06:26:01 PM

But it is a good point, and maybe it could be both. There should be physical objects as limitations, but the feeling that the world is bigger playable is important. But there are solutions. In Ravinale, for example, you could use house walls as limitations, but leave some space between two of the houses. In that space, there should be two barrels, which would prevent further exploring of the city.

SmartyPants

In Telepath Psy Arena 2, one can train at The Oubliette (a training ground full of spriggat rebels and shadowling sympathizers). It would be cool to meet a former shadowling sympathizer in the new Somnus.  He could tell stories about how the shadowling sympathizers were secretly supporting the Dissidents with supplies and information.  A sympathizer could have given Tastidian misinformation about the Fake Golem Factory.