News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

affinity in missions

Started by mezzoforte, August 13, 2010, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mezzoforte

Will there be a boss for every element?

Alternatively, can there be a mission that depends on what our affinity is?

It would be nice if the game was balanced in the sense that it's not obvious that one element is better than another.

Duskling

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 13, 2010, 06:52:38 PM
I like this idea, like something from a tribe somewhere in the Great Forest, maybe? Though I think it may be a bit overcomplicating things.

bugfartboy

I like the thought. But would it be a sidequest?

The Holy namelesskitty

THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

How do you know that the main will be a Psy in TRPG4? Maybe he/she will be a bowman or something.

The Holy namelesskitty

Well, I've just noticed a trend, plus it would be kinda stupid otherwise (no offense).

SmartyPants

Will there be a boss for every element?
I just guessing, but I think there will be an Acolyte for each element.

That doesn't seem like it would be worth the time creating.

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 13, 2010, 06:52:38 PMIt would be nice if the game was balanced in the sense that it's not obvious that one element is better than another.
Which element is obviously better than the others?

bugfartboy

Shadow. Duh. I kinda like the idea of affinity missions but how would that tie into the storyline?

bugfartboy

It just is. The cost. The area attack. Off topic. TAZER! Now that I think of it, I don't really like the idea of affinity related missions.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Arch Preist of Craiginism on September 14, 2010, 09:09:40 PM
It just is. The cost. The area attack. Off topic. TAZER! Now that I think of it, I don't really like the idea of affinity related missions.
To balance the lower cost, Shadow Blast does less damage then the other elemental blasts.  Dark Vortex doesn't do as much damage as Pyro Hail.  It also cost more PsP, then Pyro Hail.

Cypher

I don't quite think it's worth it because the time spent creating such side-quests wouldn't be worth the final result (you only get to play one of them).

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that your affinity could determine the main focus of the game in TRPG4 maybe with the new platform that would be doable, I would really like it.

SmartyPants

Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on September 15, 2010, 04:11:44 PM
I think that your affinity could determine the main focus of the game in TRPG4 maybe with the new platform that would be doable, I would really like it.
The game engine isn't the issue. It just isn't worth the extra time creating.

bugfartboy

Unless in TRPG4, the element you choose (if you DO get to choose) determines the missions that you get.