News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Teammates Affinity

Started by Zackirus, August 15, 2010, 10:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Why should only our Psy Characters have an affinity? I think that our teamates (Rahel, Arman, Set, Griffin) should have abilities that are toned towards their behaviour. I mean Arman if anything would be Shadow, Rahel would be Cryo, Griffin would be light, and Set would be Pryo. They wouldn't get the blast and area attacks but get an attack like (Shadow Stab, Ice Arrow, Light Slash etc.) to use. They could even get resistance to that preticular affinity. What does everyone think about this idea?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

I never liked the idea of combining physical attacks with elements. (Shadow Stab, Ice Arrow, Light Slash etc.).

I do think Malis should be Shadow,  Red Spriggat should be Heat, Luca should be Cold, and Another Teammate should be Light.

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 10:50:17 AM
I do think Malis should be Shadow,  Red Spriggat should be Heat, Luca should be Cold, and Another Teammate should be Light.
The Light Spriggat, maybe?

SmartyPants

I would give up on the idea of a Light Spriggat teammate.  I would bet money on not seeing any type of Light Spriggat.

For light, I was thinking that Gelf and his pets would have light attacks.

mezzoforte

I misunderstood your post, but I think it's a better idea.... the teammates can have resistances.  Arman to shadow, Set to heat, etc. like you said.  Or at least the Psys.

Craig hints at it when he describes the elemental shield as taking away any other resistance that the member has!

So maybe this is going to happen anyway....

MikeW781

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 16, 2010, 07:05:52 PM
Craig hints at it when he describes the elemental shield as taking away any other resistance that the member has!
Elemental shields replace the current resistance the ally has.

Now, OT, I do not believe that the teammates should get affinities, because when you recive your affinity your trainer talks about how developed you have become, and how you can now get an element. The only character who seems to be as strong as you in any regard is Set, who is better at healing. Maybe Set could do elemental shields, but thats it. Griffin and Rahel are only strong enough to use the Gift for things like guiding attacks with their sword/bow.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Cypher

SmartyPants

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 16, 2010, 07:05:52 PMI misunderstood your post, but I think it's a better idea.... the teammates can have resistances.  Arman to shadow, Set to heat, etc. like you said.  Or at least the Psys.
Swordsmen, Bowmen, Assassins, and Healers are not trained to use elements, so I don't think they would be able to create elemental resistances.

Quote from: im2smart4u on August 15, 2010, 10:50:17 AMI do think Malis should be Shadow,  Red Spriggat should be Heat, Luca should be Cold, and Another Teammate should be Light.
Since Malis already has the Shadow element and the Red Spriggat teammate will have the Heat element, I think two non-weapon-wielding teammates should have the Cold and Light element.

bugfartboy

Luca should be cold. She is a ghost after all.

Cypher

That only leaves light... maybe one of the new recruitable teammates coming in the future?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Cypher on August 17, 2010, 02:31:46 PM
That only leaves light... maybe one of the new recruitable teammates coming in the future?
I was thinking the Wood-Folk and his pets.  The Wood-Folk's bird could have light attacks.

mezzoforte

I'm confused.  When someone has an affinity, does that mean they will eventually get resistance to that element?  So we're saying that Malis and Red Spriggat will get resistances?

I don't think that spirits, like Luca, can get other element resistances because they're already resistant to physical attack (darn them!!!).  Therefore, I don't think they can get affinities....

I have a question now: when you use your element shield on Luca, does she lose her physical resistance?  That'd be weird....  or can she not use the resistance that you give her.

SmartyPants

Quote from: mezzoforte on August 17, 2010, 04:45:56 PM
I'm confused.  When someone has an affinity, does that mean they will eventually get resistance to that element?  So we're saying that Malis and Red Spriggat will get resistances?
No, Elemental Affinity is a psy's natural ability to use an element.  They don't have to use their affinity to create elemental resistances.  I think Spriggats are born with elemental resistant skin.

bugfartboy

Spirits do have elemental affinities. Cold. Remember the Greater Ghost from the deeper downs of Baz's Celler? Cryo.

Ertxiem

I don't think it's mandatory that an affinity will result in a resistance, although it seems to be a logical evolution after some training.

Another question is if Luca will have the cryo attacks. She behaves differently from the other spirits, so she may not attack in the same way, meaning that her attacks should be different and her affinity can also be different. Who knows if she will turn out to have light affinity?

Finally, does the fact that the ghosts have cryo attacks mean that they can have cold resistance and physical resistance? I think that only a ghost boss could have both resistances.

I never tried to use an elemental shield on Luca... has anyone tried it?
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.