News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Teammates Affinity

Started by Zackirus, August 15, 2010, 10:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

I have. You can only have one resistance at a time. I might be wrong, because I only did this on a test file where I used Pyro affinity, and the RollingInIt cheat, but I doubt it. Craig may have even posted this as fact, but I, again, might be confused.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 17, 2010, 06:47:44 PMAnother question is if Luca will have the cryo attacks. She behaves differently from the other spirits, so she may not attack in the same way, meaning that her attacks should be different and her affinity can also be different. Who knows if she will turn out to have light affinity?
I disagree.  I think spirits have a link to Cold like Shadowlings have a link to Shadow.

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 17, 2010, 06:47:44 PMFinally, does the fact that the ghosts have cryo attacks mean that they can have cold resistance and physical resistance? I think that only a ghost boss could have both resistances.
No one can have have two resistance. Powerful ghosts can have cold resistance and physical immunity.  Only one resistance and one immunity.

Quote from: Ertxiem on August 17, 2010, 06:47:44 PM
I never tried to use an elemental shield on Luca... has anyone tried it?
She lost her physical resistance, so I don't suggest trying it.

mezzoforte

That's kind of funny, that she loses physical resistance, lol.

bugfartboy

I don't get how that's possible. She's a ghost. She has 2 options. Fade away or become a jinn. She can't just stop being a ghost while still being there.

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 17, 2010, 11:05:02 PM
I don't get how that's possible. She's a ghost. She has 2 options. Fade away or become a jinn. She can't just stop being a ghost while still being there.
Whether is makes sense or not, there can only be one resistance at a time.  That is how the game engine works.

mezzoforte

An alternative would be to make Luca unaffected by element shields.

bugfartboy

That would work. But who would the light affinity be?

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 18, 2010, 03:37:20 PM
That would work. But who would the light affinity be?
What about the Wood-Folk and his pet bird?

bugfartboy

How do we know that Gelf is going to join us?

mezzoforte

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 18, 2010, 04:00:55 PM
How do we know that Gelf is going to join us?

I was wondering this for so long, but was afraid to ask... thank you!!!

MikeW781

Two of our oldest forum goers, KZ and LethalLaurie (LL isn't around anymore) made a side quest where you encountered Gelfs (Gelves?). It has been around for so long, and was so widely agreed on, that many people present its inclusion in the game as fact.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

Zackirus

We don't. It is only speculated that we will get a Gelf party member because of the Side-Quest KZ and LethalLauire created. One of the rewards for completing the quest was a Gelf party member with his own pet bird. Because of the quality of the quest, many people are thinking it could become part of the real game. Thought it would be a nice touch. Even if their quest wasn't in the game, I'm sure Craig has some ideas on expanding the Gelves. For the light afinnity, we don't know.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Could you post a link to the quest?

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada