News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

How did you come up with your username?

Started by Duskling, August 15, 2010, 10:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

I'm curious as to how some people came up with their usernames on this forum, anyone care to explain their username's origin(s)? There is no place for spamming or flaming in this thread or this forum, and, quite frankly, I don't see how anyone could flame or spam on this thread, but better safe than sorry.

Steelfist

Well, it was reasonably random for me; it just sounded cool, but not arrogant or flashy. At least, I didn't think so.

Tastidian

I forgot how mine was created but i'm just wondering does anyone think its original.

Duskling

Quote from: PinkPanzer on August 15, 2010, 10:48:51 PM
I forgot how mine was created but i'm just wondering does anyone think its original.
Honestly? One of the more original names on the forums in my opinion, everyone else? "A" for their names anyway! :) Oh, and everyone who had trouble coming up with an awesome name, "A+" for effort, and the name! :)

Zhampir

I'm a half vampire, while usually called Dhampirs, Zhampir is a variant of it. No I don't believe I am a half vampire, I use it in a metaphorical sense. Besides that, it's kind of a joke to my parents, as while they were dating, my father had convinced my mother that he was a vampire.

The Holy namelesskitty

It all came from when I was searching for a new username because of the inherent lack of picyures of sexy owls so I was about to give up when I heard of someone called the nameless bunny so I one upped them by also using =^..^= in my signature in real life, and it just stuck holy came about because of the whole relegeion thing.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

You mispelled "Religion". It was a showdown between 2 of my granddads nicknames for me. It was this or "Spike".

CraigStern

One of your grandpas calls you bug fart boy?

Mopman

Die swiffers! You'll get it for messin with my woman!

bugfartboy

Yeah. But he is my grandpa so I kinda have to live with it. He thinks he's a riot.

ArtDrake

This is why I'm algebra17.

[spoiler=Boring...]When I was 8, I took my favorite subject, and took an unused number, and put them together. The logic was: who likes the number 13? For that matter, who likes algebra? The 15 came around out of necessity, as I tried to make a user accound on something, and I used a bogus e-mail, but that disqualified me, because there was an activation e-mail. So I needed another username to try again with. algebra14 was wrong because it was two 7s. Whenever I needed a new account name, I just added 2 to the algebra. Now that I'm older, 15 works better for me. 17 was the replacement.[/spoiler]

Steel Ersatz Man

I made 'Ersatz Man' because, since this is digital, we're not real, hence the 'Ersatz.' Also, the 'Man' was because I am a child but, when I made the username, I didn't want to give away personal information. All in all, 'Ersatz Man.'
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!

Xemadus Echina

If you haven't already figured out the object of my obsession then I commend you on your obliviousness.  Now then, I origionally used the name Traharain for the main character in my book but due to it sounding completely weird and out of place I changed it to Rainen.  The reason I chose to stick with Rainen is because I like the rain and throught my book I constantly used the nickname Rain.  The spelling of Rainen changes depending on whether or not the username is taken though.  Here's a list of spelling's I'll use in order of trying them.
Raynen
Raiynen
Rainin
Raynin
By this point I almost always am good to go.  Also the pronunciation is Rie-nin in case you're wondering.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Tastidian

Quote from: Duskling on August 15, 2010, 10:51:45 PM
Quote from: PinkPanzer on August 15, 2010, 10:48:51 PM
Honestly? One of the more original names on the forums in my opinion, everyone else? "A" for their names anyway! :) Oh, and everyone who had trouble coming up with an awesome name, "A+" for effort, and the name! :)
Wait so you think my name is original more than the crowed or less?

The Holy namelesskitty

I'm pretty sure that he meantthat yours was good.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic