News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Psi Attacks

Started by bugfartboy, August 18, 2010, 08:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Psys have telekinesis right? So why can't they use it in battle? Some can take shadow, cryo, etc. But maybe some are better suited to use the terrain to damage enemies as physical attack? Small chunks of earth as the elemental blast? Earthquakes as the area? What do you guys think?

SmartyPants

In the old forums, at least once a week, we tell some nub that there will not be any water, earth, or electricity element because it will overly complicate the game.

If Earthquakes like attack could work like Sandstorm and cause physical damage, then I would encourage such ideas.

bugfartboy

I didn't mean it as earth is an element. I meant the pure telekinetic force in physical form.

The Holy namelesskitty

That sounds complicated as in mixing physical attacks with psy powers, but aside from that it seems to have real potential.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

bugfartboy

Something like a telekinetic blast several spaces away the disturbs the surrounding area damaging the target. Not earth, wind, electricity, etc. im2smart4u.

Barzul

Like shields? I'm pretty sure Set's Solid State Shield (Alteration alert!) is made from pure psy energy in a physical form.

Or do you mean like actual Telekinesis, like one of Set's proposed, and I think denied, attacks, Push, where he would use psy energy to move an enemy a space or two back.

I don't think anyone has suggested an attack where on a map with boulders, you are able to lift one of the destructible/or normal boulders and hurl it with only psy energy at enemy for damage. Which would be interesting, but only if it could do far more damage than a regular element blast as there might not be a hurl-able object on every map. Is that more along the lines of what you meant?

bugfartboy

Yeah except I meant like the ground, the air, everything would crush the target. Not movig objects (yet).

Barzul

So its a telekinetic blast that takes absolutely everything around an enemy and uses that to crush her/him? Every molecule of oxygen, carbon dioxide, H2O, whatever other elements float around Cera Bella, dirt, dust, grass, rock, etc. that she/he is nearby? Kind of a switch up from the current attacks... And, as Duvalier needs a psy power level of 10 just to move a single chest from behind Tikki the scorpion, don't you think this is quite over-powered, or you would need a very, very high psy power level to get at it.

Ertxiem

So, what about something in the lines of a Shield Crush. The caster creates a shield around his enemy, trapping him, and reduces his size, thereby crushing the enemy inside. Twisted! (And without the need of a new element - it's all about psy energy.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Cypher

SmartyPants

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 18, 2010, 10:38:52 PMI didn't mean it as earth is an element.
The why is the title named "A New Element"?

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 18, 2010, 10:38:52 PM
I meant the pure telekinetic force in physical form.
I think pure telekinetic attacks were left out because there would be not much to see.  No one wants an attack that they can't see.

MikeW781

I like Ert's idea, because it makes sense, is visible, and not very hard to implement. Bugfartboys ideas are less clear and harder to implement.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

The Holy namelesskitty

agreed, and in fact this could pave the way for a whole new genre of attacks.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Barzul on August 18, 2010, 11:45:49 PMI don't think anyone has suggested an attack where on a map with boulders, you are able to lift one of the destructible/or normal boulders and hurl it with only psy energy at enemy for damage. Which would be interesting, but only if it could do far more damage than a regular element blast as there might not be a hurl-able object on every map.
I don't see anyone hurling boulders when Duvalier struggles to pull a switch with his mind.

mezzoforte

I like that Push idea for Set.  I don't know whoever suggested it originally, but sounds like a fine defensive attack.  He encapsulates the enemy in a shield, like for Shield Crush, but then uses telekinesis to move that shield away by one space.  It makes sense to me, given that the non-psys on the team use telekinesis (to enhance their attacks).  I like it!