News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Orb Ideas

Started by SmartyPants, August 20, 2010, 12:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Beige Orb- This orb enhances Duvalier's reflexes where he is quickly able to counter-attack with Mind Blast.

Red Orb- Gives Duvalier Vendetta, so he can return his pain and then some to his enemies.

Tan Orb- To improve his skills with a knife, tan orbs boost Duvalier's strength.

Duskling

Here's the thing, Duvalier doesn't use strength, in fact, for Duvalier, strength isn't even a stat.

Cypher

The Beige and Red orb are good ideas.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on August 20, 2010, 12:59:14 AM
Here's the thing, Duvalier doesn't use strength, in fact, for Duvalier, strength isn't even a stat.
The twitter says that Duvalier will learn Knife during a side quest.  This means that Duvalier will have very low strength when he gains knife, so the Tan Orb will make up for it.

Cypher

I'll go for the Tan Orb too.

Zackirus

Grey Orb: Gives Duvalier mental-resistance
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

I thought the shadow-resistance was given by the shadow orb. No matter. It can be called the grey orb then.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on August 20, 2010, 04:47:23 PM
I thought the shadow-resistance was given by the shadow orb. No matter. It can be called the grey orb then.
Orbs are named after colors.

Zackirus

Does everyone like the grey orb idea though...

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

I actually like every idea on this thread so far. The Beige orb will let Duvalier have a counter-attack, which is nice because so far Griffin is the only character to get a counter. The Red Orb was already discussed with the inclusion of Vendetta in "Formulated Teammate Attack Ideas", and the Tan Orb will be very useful- however, it should not be obtainable untill after Duvalier learns Knife. Also, the Beige orb is a good idea. The only issue is that Beige and Tan might be tricky to distinguish, but thats just IMO.

I would also like to see the Crystal Orb (Physical res.) included
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

What about orbs that give another area attack for your affinity? Or is that a bad idea? The red orb? Since Duvalier can already learn pyro hail if you want. Different area attack? Or maybe a bigger mind blast to go with it?

Steelfist

An orb that lets you learn Fire Gate? Maybe; it might be a bit OP, though.

Xemadus Echina

here's my idea for the orb that modifies your element.

silver orb: makes the elemental blast attack range 3 and piercing.
golden orb: adds 5 damage and increases the size of your elemental area attack
for pyro hail it would be a 5 by 5 plus sign, cyro cross would get +1 range and dark vortex and light blast would be a 5x5 blast.
While I'm here i'll just post possible methods of getting the orbs.
for the silver orb: 1v1 against a silver colored shadow beast that has your stats +5 (doesn't include orbs)
for the golden orb: team vs team of golden colored shadow beasts who all have your teams' stats +5
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.