News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Orb Ideas

Started by SmartyPants, August 20, 2010, 12:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

I like the Brown orb. With the Somnus wishlist, do you think we should add a formulated orb section where the best orb ideas would go?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Yup. Let's leave that to KZ.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 01, 2010, 10:14:15 AM
I like the Brown orb. With the Somnus wishlist, do you think we should add a formulated orb section where the best orb ideas would go?
I don't see why it would go on the somnus wishlist.  If this topic become too big, then maybe we should think about formulating an orb section, but I don't think it is very big right now.

Zackirus

Not go on the Somnus Wishlist, but get its own forumulated section

Also, Reguarding the Grey Orb's colour, the Crystal Orb is white with a tint of blue in it, while the grey orb is just gray, I think where would be a difference in colour.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on September 01, 2010, 10:28:11 AMAlso, Reguarding the Grey Orb's color, the Crystal Orb is white with a tint of blue in it, while the grey orb is just gray, I think where would be a difference in color.
As long as they look diffrent, then I am okay with it.

Xemadus Echina

what i wouldn't mind seeing is an orb that effects the entire team in a minor way.  Or perhaps all of the other team members can equip a single orb.  The idea comes not to make the game easier but because it's a bit more realistic that everybody would be able to use the orbs.
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

SmartyPants

Quote from: rainen on September 01, 2010, 12:46:40 PM
what i wouldn't mind seeing is an orb that effects the entire team in a minor way.  Or perhaps all of the other team members can equip a single orb.  The idea comes not to make the game easier but because it's a bit more realistic that everybody would be able to use the orbs.
It has been discussed before that the teammates are not talented enough to use the orbs.

KZ

The counter idea with Mind Blast has been discussed before, and I believe Craig mentioned that he might implement it (Beige Orb).
The Red Orb has been around as well, and I'm all up for seeing Vendetta in, though only the other day I saw somewhere Craig say he isn't planning to use the attack,sadly.
I don't know about the optional Tan Orb- it's specific for a side-quest and will be otherwise useless- I'd rather see Orbs used to enhance mainstream properties which the player will find useful all the time. For instance, I, for one, would rather gain speed than knife, and thefore would not want to see an orb "wasted".
I definitely like the Brown Orb- and it should be better found earlier in the game (but relatively hard to find) so that the players don't waste too much time grinding to open up the more impressive attacks like Vengeance.
Fire Gate was discussed for the Crimson Orb before, but as was rightly pointed out, since Duvalier now can be of any element this is problematic. Of course, one can simply give this as an extra attack, but this will mean that by choosing other affinities, the players will get two elements to toy around with. The idea of an orb giving extra attacks was discussed before- but again, it is rather cumbersome and does mean that 3 orbs will be ineffective during each play-through. (Though, having Shockwave for Light and Dark Breath would've been nice, though the latter would cause problems to implement by affecting enemy AI).

Overall, as there is now a formulated thread, I suggest adding the "faster experience gain", "mind blast counter", "Vendetta" orbs to the list, as they seem to be the ones all agree on. What do you think, folks?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

I agree with all the orbs I suggested (except the Crimson Orb) being formulated.  I would also like to see Zackirus's mental-resistance orb.

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 02:33:50 PMI don't know about the optional Tan Orb- it's specific for a side-quest and will be otherwise useless- I'd rather see Orbs used to enhance mainstream properties which the player will find useful all the time. For instance, I, for one, would rather gain speed than knife, and thefore would not want to see an orb "wasted".
Everyone has their own preferences.  I would think Arman's speed boost might be "wasted" after getting a green orb, so I would rather have the Tan Orb and knife.

KZ

Exactly the point- I'd rather see the orbs where all the players, no matter what their preferences are, can still use them, whilst the Tan Orb would only be useful to a player who has preference for the knife attack.

Ok, for the suggestions on formulated, let's hear back from another 4-5 people, and if everyone agrees, off they'll go into formulated.

(Just to be clear, im2msart4u,you agree with  the 3 orbs you mentioned in your first post, right?)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 06:40:29 PM
(Just to be clear, im2msart4u,you agree with  the 3 orbs you mentioned in your first post, right?)
I agree with Beige, Red, Tan, Brown, and Grey.

Quote from: Cypher on August 20, 2010, 02:08:00 AMThe Beige and Red orb are good ideas.
Quote from: Cypher on August 20, 2010, 10:37:12 AMI'll go for the Tan Orb too.
Quote from: MikeW781 on August 21, 2010, 10:28:25 AMI actually like every idea on this thread so far. The Beige orb will let Duvalier have a counter-attack, which is nice because so far Griffin is the only character to get a counter. The Red Orb was already discussed with the inclusion of Vendetta in "Formulated Teammate Attack Ideas", and the Tan Orb will be very useful
Quote from: MikeW781 on August 31, 2010, 08:20:34 PMThats a good one. Maybe an increase from .03 exp to .05?
Quote from: Ertxiem on August 31, 2010, 08:53:50 PMI like the Brown Orb.
Quote from: Cypher on September 01, 2010, 02:20:03 AMThat's a good idea.
Quote from: Zackirus on September 01, 2010, 10:14:15 AMI like the Brown orb. With the Somnus wishlist, do you think we should add a formulated orb section where the best orb ideas would go?
Quote from: Zackirus on August 20, 2010, 02:30:11 PMGrey Orb: Gives Duvalier mental-resistance
Is this enough for formulation?

KZ

Hearing back from another 2 or 3 poeple would be better, but that's partly besides the point- some people only mention that they approve of one or two orbs, and not all which are proposed for becoming formulated. Thus, let's allow a couple of more people to have their say, and also hear back from those who backed one idea or another, but not all.

Just to remind folks: which ones would you like to see formulated-

-"gain experience faster"
-"Vendetta"
-"strength increase"
-"mind blast counter"

Methinks we can let Craig choose his favourite colours for the orbs ;)
Welcome to the forums!

KZ

I've got an issue with that one, actually: what attacks fall under that category? I remember there was a time in the wiki where we had to sort the attacks, and there were a couple which we weren't clear about at all, like the Tig attack was neither this nor that in TPA2. Things like that. Otherwise I don't mind this useful orb, since it could make fights like against Iblis this much smoother.
Any thoughts on this?
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 07:01:12 PM
I've got an issue with that one, actually: what attacks fall under that category?
*Mind Blast 
*Feedback 
*Vengeance 
*Drain