News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Orb Ideas

Started by SmartyPants, August 20, 2010, 12:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Well, these are we managed to guess through, but there were a couple of others that are not clear from TRPA2 gameplay, and I am not sure if Craig wants to go all the way through classifying them (say, Zem the Reaper had a couple of attacks, which are hard to classify, the Tig attacks are also not classified - and that is, admittedly, more significant than classifying Zem the Reaper attacks).
But it's fair game- let's add "mental-resistance" to the list as well, although it isn't an element per se, but rather used for the "leftover" attacks.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

Only a few bosses in TRPG2 even had mind blast, and most of them just used their elemental attack anyways. The Grey orb would only be useful if enough enemies would even attack you with mental attacks
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

KZ

So,from the list including the following, what would you support? (I take it as a "nay" for "mental resistance" orb?)

-"gain experience faster"
-"Vendetta"
-"strength increase"
-"mind blast counter"
-"mental resistance"
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

I like "gain experience faster" and "mind blast counter". The "mental resistance" is OK for completeness sake (since we might get all the other resistances from orbs).

The "Vendetta" seems to be too powerful (it would be nice if an enemy boss would have it, though).

The "strength increase" seems to be a bit out of character... I don't really see Duvalier using a knife... unless Niven teaches him a trick or two... in that case, "strength increase" orb would make sense. So, I will need more information about TSoG to give a final opinion about the "strength increase".
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on September 01, 2010, 07:40:06 PM
Only a few bosses in TRPG2 even had mind blast, and most of them just used their elemental attack anyways. The Grey orb would only be useful if enough enemies would even attack you with mental attacks
Shadowlings, humans psys, and spirits will have mental attacks, so it could come in handy for facing many diffrent type of enemies.  As we learn in TPA2, some orbs are more valuable then others.  This orb could still be useful, even if other orbs are more useful.

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 07:29:05 PMlet's add "mental-resistance" to the list as well, although it isn't an element per se, but rather used for the "leftover" attacks.
There are mental attacks and leftover attacks. They are not the same.  Fernatus has mental resistance which means he takes less mindblast and feedback damage.

Quote from: Ertxiem on September 01, 2010, 08:00:07 PM
I don't really see Duvalier using a knife... unless Niven teaches him a trick or two... in that case, "strength increase" orb would make sense.
The twitter says, he will learn knife. 

MikeW781

Quote from: KZ on September 01, 2010, 07:44:35 PM
So,from the list including the following, what would you support? (I take it as a "nay" for "mental resistance" orb?)

-"Vendetta"
-"strength increase"
-"mind blast counter"
-"mental resistance"
I'm for all, except am on the fence about mental resistance. It may be an orb that seems to be put in mostly to meet the count of 15, or it could be a useful orb that we would end up using with others. It depends.

Cypher

-"Vendetta"
-"strength increase"
-"mind blast counter"
-"mental resistance"
I'm against the Strength increase and mental resistance, but everything else is fine.

bugfartboy

-"Vendetta"
-"strength increase"
-"mind blast counter"
-"mental resistance"
I am for all but strength increase and mental resistance. But I love the idea of the brown orb.

KZ

Seeem like "mental resistance" is a bit of an outsider, with 5/6 saying that it's not quite on spot. 4/6 are not sure about the "strength increase" either.  Thus, we'll wait up on these two.
"Vendetta" has 1/6 saying it's a bit too powerful, but that's more than 2/3 majority for. Thus, let's keep it on the list for now, unless more people vote against it.

So far, universal backing have (6/6):
-"mind blast counter"

Let's hear back from a few more folks (to get the number closer to 10), then if everyone (or vast majority) agrees, we'll make the last 2 formulated. "Vendetta" can become forumlated if most people are for it. Thus, folks, what do you think?

PS
I really like the reply format for the last 3 posters- thanks, this keeps it neat!
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

-"Vendetta"
-"strength increase"
-"mind blast counter"
-"mental resistance"

I am for all of them expcept the Strength Increase. I don't think that knife will be of much use.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Cypher

Most of them won't be encountered.

MikeW781

He meant the shadowlings and the capes. To be honest, other resistances, especially physical, would be more useful.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on September 02, 2010, 06:14:31 PM
He meant the shadowlings and the capes. To be honest, other resistances, especially physical, would be more useful.
Do you honestly think that there won't be any shadowlings or capes in the game and Craig made them just to waist time?  Other than physical, mental resistance would be the most versatile resistance, because it  would defend against almost every psy's first or second attack.