News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Golden Spriggat

Started by SmartyPants, February 13, 2010, 11:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see a Spriggat with a light affinity?

Definitely
30 (61.2%)
Yes
24 (49%)
Maybe
8 (16.3%)
No
2 (4.1%)
Hell No
3 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

SmartyPants

The Spriggats have had 3 out of 4 the elemental affinities, so what about the fourth one.  The yellow Golden Spriggat could be the fourth elemental affinity.

Possible In-Game-Portraits:
or

Possible bio:
The Golden Spriggats are the rarest of all of the Spriggats.  Every known Golden Spriggat has turned out female (not all females are Light).  Since females were rare and major targets of the Shadowling Queen, they were hidden and heavily guarded by Dissidents forces during the Shadow War.  When the Shadowling Civil War ended, the few, remaining Golden Spriggats emerged from hiding to be apart of the Shadowling Republic.  Even with the war over, Shadowling Loyalist have attempted to kill many of the Golden Spriggats, since they are seen as symbols of the end of Shadowling Empire.  The Golden Spriggat has power equal to, if not greater then, the Dark Spriggat.  They can create a large amount of electromagnetic radiation with a large, power Light Breath.

KZ

Nice summation of year-long discussion about Light Spriggats on the old forums, im2msart4u. The only really debatable moment is the one about not all demales being Light, but, methinks, it's not too important. In addendum, there is a proposed unit in the Formulated Enemy Ideas thread.
Personally, I agree with all of the prossible bio points up to the Republic era, after that it's less clear: I can see how, with time, they can emerge back into the society and not fear persecution from Shadowling Loyalists, but little is known on the subject matter at the moment.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

All light spriggats being females would make a lot of sense. In the Shadow War, almost all the females were killed by the queen, and those that weren't hid. This would explain why no light spriggats appeared in Telepath RPG 2. Now that shadowlings and spriggats are equal, the light spriggats would be under the protection of the law, just like all the other spriggats.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zhampir

oh "Spriggat" I read something else entirely, wish I could change my vote now. I'm in love with the idea.

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on February 13, 2010, 07:02:55 PM
All light spriggats being females would make a lot of sense. In the Shadow War, almost all the females were killed by the queen, and those that weren't hid. This would explain why no light spriggats appeared in Telepath RPG 2. Now that shadowlings and spriggats are equal, the light spriggats would be under the protection of the law, just like all the other spriggats.
I was trying to think of an idea to introduce the Light Spriggat into TSoG, while explaining their lack of appearance in TRPG2.

Quote from: Zhampir on February 13, 2010, 10:35:29 PM
oh "Spriggat" I read something else entirely, wish I could change my vote now. I'm in love with the idea.
So you voted No and Hell No for what?

Zhampir

I was still annoyed with a topic I read previously about the "White Shadowlings"

KZ

im2smart4u, just to keep the record straight, the idea of all female Light Spriggats was born long before you came about to the old froums, with same reasoning. ;)
Anyhow, on the old forums, the idea of having a Light Spriggat, at least in NPC form, found quite a lot of string support, so, hopefully, we'll see one in TSoG.

From the discussions, it does arise that Grotius' mother was, most likely, a Light Spriggat, which can also have interesting consequences if Grotius is to appear in TSoG.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Should the Light Spriggats be enemies like Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau?
Or should the Light Spriggats be non-enemy characters like the green shadowling, Lala?

KZ

Good point, but I think we'll have to see this in more general terms: will Spriggats overall be friendly or not towards the Hero and Co? I don't really see any reason for the Spriggats to act in an antagonistic manner towards the Hero and the teammates, although I'm sure there could be excpetions to the rule (e.g. the Hero accidently stumbling upon several Light Spriggats in a manner that makes them believe they're under attack, like in the old times, and they try to protect themselves). Or a a small clan of Spriggat highwaymen, with several Light Spriggats- again, why not (that does happen on occaison, and they're essentially one big family)?
Welcome to the forums!

cyso

It would be a little lame if new really powerful spriggats were introduced and no one ever saw them in combat. Maybe you could get a few of them to join your cause as soldiers.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Frosty

Quote from: KZ on March 08, 2010, 02:54:54 PM
Good point, but I think we'll have to see this in more general terms: will Spriggats overall be friendly or not towards the Hero and Co? I don't really see any reason for the Spriggats to act in an antagonistic manner towards the Hero and the teammates, although I'm sure there could be excpetions to the rule (e.g. the Hero accidently stumbling upon several Light Spriggats in a manner that makes them believe they're under attack, like in the old times, and they try to protect themselves). Or a a small clan of Spriggat highwaymen, with several Light Spriggats- again, why not (that does happen on occaison, and they're essentially one big family)?
The Shadowling Loyalists could make them slaves. They could have salvaged slave bracelets and managed to use them again (for another execption that would make a wee bit more sense).
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Frosty on March 11, 2010, 09:04:49 PM
The Shadowling Loyalists could make them slaves. They could have salvaged slave bracelets and managed to use them again (for another execption that would make a wee bit more sense).
The slave bracelet requires one's consent to put it on.  I don't see many spriggats agreeing to putting on slave bracelets.

torugo

the light spiggurat could be a white one with some sort of symbol on his head
mock the pheonix you will burn

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on March 12, 2010, 05:37:00 PM
the light spiggurat could be a white one with some sort of symbol on his head
Frost Spriggats are white.  Light Spriggats should be yellow.

Tastidian

I agree that they should be white with a symbol but it should be all over their bodies so its easier to tell