News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW781

The idiocy displayed by those who believe homosexuality will send you to hell continuosly astounds me. I'm straight myself, but have a few gay friends. The people who make fun of them for it, for whatever reason, are not using logic. They either do it because they cannot grasp the idea that some people are born that way, or because they believe that God doesn't like it. Either way, they are not thinking about it. It is a condition you are born with, just like blond hair or black skin. Occasionally, people chose to be gay, but that is their choice. No true, rightous God would condem people to burn for eternity because of the way He made them.

As a side note, if you take the Bible literally, you honestly don't deserve an opinion because you are clearly just accepting whatever is shoved under your nose without a second though. The Bible contains passages describing all sorts of nonsense, hypocrisy, and inaccuracy.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

MikeW781

Zackirus

Actually it is a translation error, you are supposed to give ridiculously to god, so that you are on your knees praying to him to make it through the month. Also: it is a Jewish tradition to give 10% of everything to god.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Barzul

Sorry to go back the earlier post (got busy), but I just wanted to say one more thing for Leviticus. As many Christian friends and old pastors have told me, the Bible is a book of stories that were made to help people with their lives. And as you said,

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 03, 2010, 05:41:41 PM
There have been changes as the centuries go by. If I remember correctly, there was a point in which the Lord specifically told Paul to eat pork.

Which means that some of it has been out dated. The stories are no longer helpful today because we live in such a different world. Back then, eating shellfish or pork was hazardous as they didn't have the food safety we have now. Wearing multi-fabric clothing was normally not as good as all cotton or some other substance as they weren't as high quality as we have today. So isn't it possible that 18:22 is outdated as well?

Back then, there weren't many people. So to 'waste' sperm in a non child conceiving manner was not a good thing. You needed to procreate, pass on your name, and make more people so that we as a species would survive. But nowadays there are really too many people on the Earth. There are so many of us that a catastrophe is highly unlikely to wipe us out as a species. So isn't it possible that 18:22 is just as outdated as the others and is not a concern in modern times?

Barzul

So you are as opposed to people who wear multi-fabric clothing and wear gold as much as you are to homosexuals?

cyso

Personally, I'm not. Believe it or not, most of God's commandments in Leviticus were for his people's own good (needless to say, a good amount of the time they did not follow them). Back in the day, eating pork would not be a good idea. Back in the day, people drank wine because the water was often contaminated. A lot of his commandments still stand (do not commit adultery), but I think you have to check into the intent of the commandment sometimes to see how applicable it is.
Quote from: MikeW781 on November 03, 2010, 06:11:51 PM
The idiocy displayed by those who believe homosexuality will send you to hell continuosly astounds me. I'm straight myself, but have a few gay friends. The people who make fun of them for it, for whatever reason, are not using logic. They either do it because they cannot grasp the idea that some people are born that way, or because they believe that God doesn't like it. Either way, they are not thinking about it. It is a condition you are born with, just like blond hair or black skin. Occasionally, people chose to be gay, but that is their choice. No true, rightous God would condem people to burn for eternity because of the way He made them.

As a side note, if you take the Bible literally, you honestly don't deserve an opinion because you are clearly just accepting whatever is shoved under your nose without a second though. The Bible contains passages describing all sorts of nonsense, hypocrisy, and inaccuracy.
I know some gay people. They choose to be that way. They were not born that way. They went from straight to gay. One gay person I know was absolutely obsessed with me about a year before she turned gay. Same thing happened with a person who liked one of my friends.
If people who took the Bible literally just accepted what was shoved under their noses, I, and probably several other Christians would be Atheist/Evolutionist.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

bugfartboy

Do you know what the ciriculum is where I live? Evolution. Aetheism. And they fail you if you refuse to believe it, even if you learn it. That shows me desperation.
Quote from: Matthew 24:9
"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
It seems that that's what's happenins in the school ciriculum.

cyso

Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 03, 2010, 08:35:35 PM
Do you know what the ciriculum is where I live? Evolution. Aetheism. And they fail you if you refuse to believe it, even if you learn it. That shows me desperation.
Wow, that's rough. Most of my teachers were Christians, and will basically tell you, "yes, I know you don't believe it, I don't believe it either, but since scientist have got to have some fancy answer for everything, this is what's in the text book, so learn it, then we'll go to something else."
Quote from: Bugfartboy on November 03, 2010, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: Matthew 24:9
"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
It seems that that's what's happenins in the school ciriculum.
You aren't dying, but tribulation... happens all the time. And others are dying...

bugfartboy

Just because they havn't killed us doesn't mean they won't. In the end they will. But atheism won't be the cause. Mass execution. Worse than it was in the beginning. Stoning is jut the tip of the iceberg. When the time comes and yogc or I don't post ever again within a few days, know it to be true.

Cypher

Quote from: Robert PirsigWhen one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Quote from: Douglas Adams"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

cyso

Quote from: Cypher on November 07, 2010, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: Robert PirsigWhen one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
So, you believe we, and all other religions, are deluded?
For the record, I do not mean this in a harsh way, and am not inferring that your opinion is wrong. I just want to know your opinion of other religions.

MikeW781

cyso

So, as far as I can tell, you believe that, while a god may exist, there is not enough evidence/no reason to believe in him. In addition, you hold the Biblical God as self-refuting and false. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cypher

Quote from: yogc elf on November 07, 2010, 08:34:59 PM
So, as far as I can tell, you believe that, while a god may exist, there is not enough evidence/no reason to believe in him. In addition, you hold the Biblical God as self-refuting and false. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Indeed.
Quote from: Cypher on November 07, 2010, 02:51:50 PM
Quote from: Douglas Adams"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I didn't mean to make a point, just that they were interesting quotes.   :-[

Steel Ersatz Man

Quote from: MikeW781 on November 07, 2010, 05:54:21 PM
Required Viewing for those who put down atheism
This video explains my stance far better than I could.

Thank you, someone finally showing some common sense and individuality!
We are the steel alliance. None shall take our hill!