News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What's your religion?

Started by Cypher, August 23, 2010, 11:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

I think you missed my edit. By the way, recessive genes are as inheritable as dominant. There is no particular reason that a recessive disease would die out over time just because it never manifested itself. Genes do not have to manifest themselves to exist. Recessive genes would not die out over time any sooner than dominant genes would. If any genes died out over time, it could be either a dominant or recessive, with a 50/50 chance for either one.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

TheWanderingShadow

I understand how genetics serve as a metaphor for sin, but let's not go too off topic.

Oh, and I'm Christian. My views are that even atheists and agnostics should read the Bible, because most of the lessons taught in it do help lead a better life.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

ArtDrake

You miss MY point; even a recessive gene, which could hide itself in inheritance and carrying, would manifest itself every once in a while. Specimens carrying the gene would be less likely to have offspring capable of surviving to reproduce, i.e. their offspring are likely to manifest or be carriers if they are. If the gene either manifests, or is not carried, which is likely in the case of a rare mutation, it will either end the genetic passing, or end the life of the organism to which is is passed. And about Lilith:

And the Serpent, the Woman of Harlotry, incited and seduced Eve through the husks of Light which in itself is holiness. And the Serpent seduced Holy Eve, and enough said for him who understands. And all this ruination came about because Adam the first man coupled with Eve while she was [spoiler=obscene]in her menstrual impurity [/spoiler] – this is the filth and the impure seed of the Serpent [spoiler=biblical obscenity]who mounted Eve [/spoiler] before Adam [spoiler=biblical obscenity]mounted her[/spoiler]. Behold, here it is before you: because of the sins of Adam the first man all the things mentioned came into being. For Evil Lilith, when she saw the greatness of his corruption, became strong in her husks, and [spoiler=biblical obscenity]came to Adam against his will, and became hot from him and bore him[/spoiler] many demons and spirits and Lilin. (Patai81:455f)

Hey, I can agree with some of what the Bible says. Just not the part about smiting and raping and murdering and slaying those who are inferior.

cyso

Wander Shadow: That's nice. I think some atheist should read the bible since they don't know what it says.
Duckling: If a person carried the disease without it manifesting, the person would not be less likely to have offspring capable of surviving to reproduce, so long as the offspring doesn't manifest the disease. The disease still stays, but it doesn't do anything. Where did you get the part about Lilith? Patai 81:455f is not part of the bible.

bugfartboy

I would like to know as well. Sorry for my inactivity. Geometry homework.

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that the Abrahamic religions are all the same, they all have the same real principles, the only reason for conflict is a handful of idiots.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

cyso

Judism and Christianity start out the same with the old testament, but Judism doesn't accept the New Testament, which is a lot of what the old testament was pointed to, and what is arguably the most important part of the bible. Islam is the writings of a guy who used some scripture as a basis, then went off in his own direction. While these differences may seem minor, the principles that are different are key principles of the religion.

bugfartboy

Yogc is right. Judism doesn't accept the New Testament and Islam goes off of scripture to make a new religion and claim it true. Though I have a question. Isn't funny that most cults through the ages have been started by a person who claim to have seen an "Angel of Light" while Lucifer was supposed to have been the "Angel of Light"? Odd don'tcha think.

The Holy namelesskitty

Actually if you look, the similarities between the Torah scrolls and the Qu'ran are extremely visible, the problem with your logic is you compare the two with the Bible which has been watered down in translation, while the other two remained in Hebrew and Arabic the Bible has gone from Aramaic to Greek to English, therefore you are not correct in believing that they are all so different.

On another note, how would you like it if I called Jesus Christ some guy, I think we all know the name and role of Mohammad (sulallahu alahi wasalm.)
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

cyso

To someone who isn't a Christian or a Muslim, I don't doubt they look similar. I think the religions, while they have some similarities, have key differences that distinguish themselves. A Muslim wouldn't like to be called a Christian, and a Christian wouldn't like to be called a Muslim. A Christian is not a Muslim; they believe in Christ, who paid for our sins, and absorbed the wrath of God that was righteously directed at us. We believe that believing in Christ and accepting him as lord is the only way to heaven. You will not find a Muslim or a Jew who believes this, unless the Jew has converted to Christianity.
Quote from: The Holy namelesskitty on November 20, 2010, 11:49:46 PM
On another note, how would you like it if I called Jesus Christ some guy, I think we all know the name and role of Mohammad (sulallahu alahi wasalm.)
It happens plenty, assuming people even admit he existed.

bugfartboy

Yogc is right. I think I would know if my own religion was Islam. And why are you defending Islam anyway THN? You believe in no religion don't you?

PS If there were a Muslim activly posting here, (s)he would agree in saying that the two are not the same.

ArtDrake

But of course they are not the same; it is of saying that clouds cumulous and clouds nimbus are, too.

The point is that they are very similar, and they are both clouds (religions) and people emphasize the differences too much.

cyso

If you were supposed to find someone and deliver a package to them, do you think you could get by with giving it to someone similar to the person you are supposed to send it to? Similar is not the same.

ArtDrake

You'll note that I am not the one saying they are.

cyso

You said they are very similar, and people emphasize the differences too much. The differences are more than enough to cause them to not be the same. They should be emphasized, because the differences happen to be about the most important part of our faith. If you don't emphasize the differences, you will probably end up thinking they are basically the same, but they aren't.