General > General Discussion

What's your religion?

<< < (63/83) > >>

bugfartboy:
Which for us is a good thing. It means that we're acting our faith right. So hate us. I could really not care. In fact, I'd actually revel in it. The day Christianity ceases to stand out among a crowd of unrepentant sinners is the day that the world begins to end.

ArtDrake:
Note I said "or... just to fit in".

I do not waste my time. I spend it. And if religion prevents you from doing things normal kids do, good for you; I wouldn't know what normal kids do to waste their time.

And is it your problem I don't like organized religion? Is it my problem that organized religion exists? These are both equally valid questions, and both are equally unanswerable, so let's drop those.

May I ask in what sort of community live you?

And Bugger, why should I repent? I don't hurt people. I've done nothing in the last 60 days that strays from my moral compass, my community's ethical code, and call me a sinner if you want, but I can call you ignorant, because you don't believe my gospel truth.

Was that clear, or do I need to rephrase that. Sorry, I'm a bit tired, and if that wasn't understandable, just say which part.

cyso:

--- Quote from: Duckling on February 18, 2011, 10:36:06 PM ---I do not waste my time. I spend it. And if religion prevents you from doing things normal kids do, good for you; I wouldn't know what normal kids do to waste their time.
And Bugger, why should I repent? I don't hurt people. I've done nothing in the last 60 days that strays from my moral compass, my community's ethical code, and call me a sinner if you want, but I can call you ignorant, because you don't believe my gospel truth.

--- End quote ---
And I'm sure that you've never spent your time on something that wasn't or isn't worth it. I'm sure that you've used 100% of your time with perfect efficiency.
By saying that you aren't a sinner, you are basically saying that you don't do anything morally wrong. That you are morally perfect. Maybe you should ask your friends or your parents if that's true, and if you never do anything wrong.

ArtDrake:
No. I may have done some things that go against their moral compass in the evaluation of the actions they would take in the circumstances, but I have not done anything against my moral code in the last 60 days. Not perfect.

Who's to judge whether the time spent was worth it? You? I don't waste my time. Other people (irritatingly) waste my time, but I allow them to because they convince me that they have the authority to waste my time, or that the waste of time isn't, really, or that the expenditure of time at the present will grant me gain in the future. But, yeah. I haven't really wasted my time recently. I'm sorry if this isn't the case with you.

SmartyPants:
If you are 13, then your time isn't as valuable as you think it is.  Maybe you should consider going to church as a form of self reflection.  I don't really buy into the whole god thing, but I find it beneficial to take time to reflect on moral issues and ways to improve myself.  Church was a good way for me to do that.  Instead of being closed-minded, I have visted many different churches and two synagogues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version